For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says

How about we all sit down and discuss this issue as intelligent, fair-minded adults, of both sexes, and get to the bottom of the problem?

How about we all sit down and discuss this issue as intelligent, fair-minded adults, of both sexes, and get to the bottom of the problem?

Is this your first day here?

No. I've seen it all before. USMB is representative of our inability to simply sit down and hash out a problem. I am totally in favor of "round table" discussions in which all come prepared to present their arguments, listen to the arguments of others, compromise, conciliate, etc. I know that this is naive, but still trying.

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6."

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says
By Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 2130 GMT (0530 HKT) September 16, 2019

Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
If you or a loved one is a survivor of assault, please call
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Or talk to a trained volunteer at Terms of Service - Online Hotline
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Get CNN Health's weekly newsletter
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.
TRANSLATION:
  1. 1 in 16 US women. That's the new Leftard math where 6% of a group now equals 40%.
  2. Have experienced sexual assault. That's the new catch-phrase for any shriveled-cunny liberal now who has ever had a guy express any sexual interest in them and 40 years later realized that when they said yes, some liberal now convinced them they really meant no.
Just one more effort to totally castrate the American male while empowering women. You'll now need to get a signed letter of consent from a girl just to take her out on a date.
And compliment her legs or put your hand on her knee at your own risk.

Is this your first day here?

No. I've seen it all before. USMB is representative of our inability to simply sit down and hash out a problem. I am totally in favor of "round table" discussions in which all come prepared to present their arguments, listen to the arguments of others, compromise, conciliate, etc. I know that this is naive, but still trying.

I admire your moxie... stay on mission.

hitting-head-against-wall-cat-banging-head-against-wall-gif.jpg

You’re not supposed to just grab a woman and kiss her. And he totally looked confused and asked why not?
How do you explain this to a republican?
The guy is 70 years old and doesn’t understand why grabbing a woman and kissing her is an attack.

Could it have something to do with 10,000 Hollywood movies and 1,000,000 romance novels over the decades which women everywhere have bought and read heatedly and whose love scenes made careers of countless in Hollywood where a passionate, animalistic primal man could not resist the beauty of a women and he takes her with lust that was the sweaty, stain-soaked dreams for both men and women for generations?

That is until 5 years years ago when Progressives told women they really don't like being lusted after and pursued despite 10,000 things they wear and do to make them attractive? Now the man must beg or wait for the woman to make the first move. HOT.

3c3c958e16ee2ba84ec1b4d8e13c66b8.png

This is quite astonishing along with the claim that 40% of women have experienced sexual assault.

It also fits into the Brett Kavanaugh issue where the system has demonstrated that women who claim sexual assault will have their character vigorously impugned by people in power.

"Wife of Trump aide: Women in military should expect sexual harassment." That is astonishing.

For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says - CNN

By Jen Christensen, CNN

(CNN)More than 3.3 million American women ages 18 to 44 were raped the first time they had sexual intercourse, according to a new study, and "all demographic groups reported substantial roles of forced sexual initiation."
The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
"We feel it is accurate to describe these events as rape," said Dr. Laura Hawks, a primary care physician and research fellow at Harvard Medical School who co-authored the study.
The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6. The average age of the partner or assailant at the time was 6 years older. Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
Some 50% of women surveyed said the perpetrator was larger or older. More than 46% of the women were held down. In 56% of the instances, men used verbal pressure. Men used a physical threats more than 26% of the time and caused physical harm in more than 25% of the instances. Some 22% of the women were drugged.
Survivors faced long-term consequences, such as increased rates of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis and menstrual problems. More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
Earlier research has shown that more than 40% of women have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, and half of those have been raped. The authors of this study said there is no recent data focused on first experiences with intercourse. The survey included 13,310 women and was nationally representative of the population age 18 to 44. The data came from the National Survey of Family and Growth from 2011 to 2017.
"A practicing physician is likely to see several patients each week who have experienced this form of trauma," the authors wrote in the study, saying doctors should develop tools to identify and help people who've experienced it.

CNN is known for fake news so I have doubts about this.

But theoretically, if it was true, that we had this many rapists out there, we need a lot more lawyers, judges and prison guards out there. For the people, it would seem a good time to buy CoreCivic, CXW. Prisons will have to expand to house all these rapists.

CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Stock Price, Quote, History & News

-------------------------------- seems to me that its YOU women that have the problem Lysis .

-------------------------------- seems to me that its YOU women that have the problem Lysis .

Crime isn't a gender problem. If crimes are being committed, that affect all of us.

By Jen Christensen, CNN

Yes except no one in power impugned ford.

They all treated her correctly while still questioning and investigating.

Since I’ve been retired I’ve been going to this art studio. And there’s a guy a couple years older than me that also goes there who’s also retired. He’s a Republican. So he was telling me the story about a woman that worked with him at the company he worked at who screamed rape and accused him of attacking her.
So I ask him if he raped her and he said no of course not he would never rape a woman. So I asked what caused her to scream and to complain about you and he said he didn’t know. And he truly looked like he didn’t know.
So I said was there any physical contact with her and he said yeah when he kissed her.
So I ask him did you to lean in to kiss or did you just grab her and kiss her. And he said of course he grabbed her and kissed her. That’s how it works. Otherwise she never would’ve kissed him.
So I told him well that’s why she screamed rape. You’re not supposed to just grab a woman and kiss her. And he totally looked confused and asked why not?
The guy is 70 years old and doesn’t understand why grabbing a woman and kissing her is an attack.
So I asked him, what if I grabbed you and kissed you? And he said well that’s ridiculous because we’re both guys. And I asked does that mean you don’t want to be kissed? And he said not by you. And so I asked him well what if I did it anyway. And he said he’d get pissed. And I said well maybe that’s how she felt. She was pissed. And he asked why because they are a man and a woman.
So is this a generational thing? I don’t know. I wouldn’t want my daughter or my mother or my sister to be grabbed and kissed by some guy they didn’t want.
I think you just have to apply the law and be vigilant when you’re around Republican men. Because they just feel they have every right to mistreat a woman.
They just don’t understand why a woman isn’t flattered being attacked.
There are vicious women who have destroyed men. There will be retribution someday.

Crime isn't a gender problem. If crimes are being committed, that affect all of us.
------------------------------------Only women can be raped in the traditional manner . Seems to me that rape is a female problem Fnecco

You’re not supposed to just grab a woman and kiss her. And he totally looked confused and asked why not?

Could it have something to do with 10,000 Hollywood movies and 1,000,000 romance novels over the decades which women everywhere have bought and read heatedly and whose love scenes made careers of countless in Hollywood where a passionate, animalistic primal man could not resist the beauty of a women and he takes her with lust that was the sweaty, stain-soaked dreams for both men and women for generations?

That is until 5 years years ago when Progressives told women they really don't like being lusted after and pursued despite 10,000 things they wear and do to make them attractive? Now the man must beg or wait for the woman to make the first move. HOT.

View attachment 279634

Foolish man. Didn't you ever notice that these romances and Hollywood fictions were based on an attraction between the specific two characters involved? This is not the real world. Women are not just sexually receptive to any male who comes along. Take a look at the book cover you posted. Nothing is known about who the man in the illustration is in the book, what kind of person is he. What woman is she? As for looks and the part that looks play in human sexuality, do you assume that all men look like the hunk on the book cover?

As usual, Star Trek saw this coming first:

I just want to know one thing seriously, how do you have intercourse unwillingly? I dated a lot, many girls, was married for many years, but never had a girl who didn't want sex, too, and if she hadn't, all she had to do was not remove her clothes, close her legs and say no. So by rape then, I would think it means holding a gun to her head, in fear of her life, beating her unconscious brutally? THAT is rape, or sexual assault, not this BS about leaning over and giving her a smooch on the cheek without her "permission" first. In my world, men WANTED women and women want men. Man, I'm glad I don't have long to live because the world really SUCKS now and everything good, even sex and humor have been absolutely RUINED by the Left.

Foolish man. Didn't you ever notice that these romances and Hollywood fictions were based on an attraction between the specific two characters involved? This is not the real world. Women are not just sexually receptive to any male who comes along. Take a look at the book cover you posted. Nothing is known about who the man in the illustration is in the book, what kind of person is he. What woman is she? As for looks and the part that looks play in human sexuality, do you assume that all men look like the hunk on the book cover?

Look asswipe, one thing I'm not is a fool, nor do I suffer fools. I was married for years, knew many women, all of them read that romance stuff wet between the legs. Apparently you don't understand lust. I guess you never spent much time in a club when young hanging out as women checked out the guys and ogled them as they came in? Strangers, love at first sight, hot for their buns, whatever you want to call it, first impressions, a good line, just because you never met a girl at a club and didn't pick her up in 5 minutes for a wild time and a hot night, do not mistake this for not being the "real world" for any attractive guy whose not an obvious loser like you.

rape should be handled by first accusing and reporting and then going to court . I don't know any other way Fnecceo .

Only women can be raped in the traditional manner

maxresdefault.jpg
--------------------------------- looks like he will have to FIGHT and i'd say that to females . Problem is that its possible that neither one can FIGHT . And if that's the case , well , neither one should put themselves in a position to be raped Fncceo

Since I’ve been retired I’ve been going to this art studio. And there’s a guy a couple years older than me that also goes there who’s also retired. He’s a Republican. So he was telling me the story about a woman that worked with him at the company he worked at who screamed rape and accused him of attacking her.
So I ask him if he raped her and he said no of course not he would never rape a woman. So I asked what caused her to scream and to complain about you and he said he didn’t know. And he truly looked like he didn’t know.
So I said was there any physical contact with her and he said yeah when he kissed her.
So I ask him did you to lean in to kiss or did you just grab her and kiss her. And he said of course he grabbed her and kissed her. That’s how it works. Otherwise she never would’ve kissed him.
So I told him well that’s why she screamed rape. You’re not supposed to just grab a woman and kiss her. And he totally looked confused and asked why not?
So I asked him, what if I grabbed you and kissed you? And he said well that’s ridiculous because we’re both guys. And I asked does that mean you don’t want to be kissed? And he said not by you. And so I asked him well what if I did it anyway. And he said he’d get pissed. And I said well maybe that’s how she felt. She was pissed. And he asked why because they are a man and a woman.
So is this a generational thing? I don’t know. I wouldn’t want my daughter or my mother or my sister to be grabbed and kissed by some guy they didn’t want.
I think you just have to apply the law and be vigilant when you’re around Republican men. Because they just feel they have every right to mistreat a woman.
They just don’t understand why a woman isn’t flattered being attacked.

You make up the dumbest shit.

rape should be handled by first accusing and reporting and then going to court . I don't know any other way Fnecceo .

To me, MY definition of rape or sexual assault isn't Deantard's idiotic leaning over and giving her a peck on the cheek without her asking first, how else are you going to know if she's interested? ASK her if she minds if you give her a kiss? Gee, that's HOT. She'll probably tell you no. In my world, women admired a strong man who took charge of a situation. In my world, you could pretty much know how to read a girl and know when she was interested. Or at least receptive and willing. In my world, if the girl wanted it, or at least could be talked into it, you knew it, but if the girl really wasn't game, definitely was NOT interested or willing and you FORCED HER against her will and kept going despite all evidence she wanted you to stop, THAT was rape, my friend.

I feel SORRY for young dudes growing up now in this ass-backward Leftard world.

Forum List

Back