Fookin movies and their fookin boobies.

When we have indoor recess at our school (because of weather conditions outside) we show a movie to the students.

It's hard to find movies for them that don't have cussing and sex in them, thank goodness for Pixar and Disney!

A parent should monitor what their child watches at home if they are a certain age. What I couldn't control when my daughter was younger (she is 16 now) was what she watched while at other people's houses. She would come home from a slumber party and tell me about R rated movies she watched with her friends. Then she would have nightmares about them. (Mainly they were the 'horror' movies)

She never was allowed to have video games, and we didn't even get the internet in our home until she started middle school.

So, it all comes down to choice. The Film Makers will make whatever movie they think will make money, and they put in the 'boobies' and the 'violence' to bring in the teens.

*Oh, she is so excited to see the new Harry Potter movie coming out Friday....it's all she's talked about for weeks!

Transformers, X-Men, and the Green Lantern all have boobie/sexual scenes...so WHY are you marketing your merchandise to my 6 year old kid? Your stupid 14 seconds of nipple is prohibiting me from taking him to the theatre and I got stuck with watching THE ZOOKEEPER. Thanks a lot, fuckheads. I was bored and we sat in the back (of the empty theatre, of course, since everyone was catching the other flicks) so I played on my phone and posted messages on here...and paid $10.50 to do it.

Subway: Green Lantern toy. McDonald's: Wolverine. Burger King: Transformers. (Okay, so it's my fault if we regularly frequent those places, but come ON. You get the point.) New Wii games, t shirts, coloring books, toys, Legos...seriously.

Plus we *like* hero movies and comics and games and whatever. I don't mind if there are a bunch of guns and that Wolverine is a trained assassin (my kid dislikes him for that reason, actually) cause it's all good guys v. bad guys but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Other PG-13 flicks have been enjoyed in my house without the fumble of the clicker. At home, we can skip through that kind of stuff if needed but I'm not about to take my six and a half year old to see the Green Lantern. He'd go, OH BOOBS UGGGGH!

I sound like my fucking parents. :(

Do you guys let your kiddos go to PG-13 movies if you know there will be sex/nudity?

I get what you are saying however I have been to countries where they censor movies and take out the parts where the women show their boobs or whatever and it just makes the men creepy and perverted, so censoring that would just make things worse in my opinion.

You don't think a five year old watching sex would be weirded out?

No, because there just kids. Children don't think of things from the same perspective we do. And if they ask you questions, you as a parent have the responsibility to answer them.
Excuse this idiot folks. He can't help it. It's a Loozerianna thang.
Excuse you, dumbass! how would you deal with it, take him to the damn doctor!? Make some fucking educated statements before sticking you nose in shit! What, you don;t believe in personal responsibility? And where do you hail from, the Land of pussies?

Banning anything tends to lead to more kids, (and many adults,) spending more of their time trying to get to it.

Not to mention the legal costs associated with prohibitive laws.

Countries where pot is legal have less pot crimes and tend to have fewer problematic pot users. Same goes for places like France, where wine is not illegal for anyone under 21. Less drunken teens wrecking cars and families.

The stuff that's not banned tends to become simply background noise in the lives of the people, and not some sparkly temptation.

Parents are still the arbiters of what their offspring do. They should keep their kids from buying that slut outfit at A&I, or the kiddy bikinis, maybe. What they buy for their kids becomes normal for their kids. If they cater to kids wanting to keep up with some fad, they shouldn't complain when the fed becomes auto-erotic asphyxiation, and their little child dies by their own hand.

Being parents requires a lot of responsibility, and takes a lot of time away from things some parents might prefer to do. It's too bad so many parents let their children be raised and educated by packs of kids whose parents absolved themselves from their rightful responsibilities. Or when they try to become friends of their kids, rather than their kids parents.

T.

Where did I say ban?

I said thanks a lot for making my life extra complicated, what with your stuffed animals and Happy Meal toys and simulated sex on the big screen.

Where did I say ban?

I said thanks a lot for making my life extra complicated, what with your stuffed animals and Happy Meal toys and simulated sex on the big screen.

Sorry to blur the line, there. I really didn't mean you.

The talk that got dragged in about McDonald's and the other stuff some people actually do wish to ban caught me off guard.

Sounds like you're doing a good job as a parent, making sure your kids aren't exposed to things you don't want them to be. And I agree. Life is very complicated. People who wish to have children should think about all those added complications, before having them.

It's just sad that the ones who don't wish to do their own work would work to ban things for all others.

It really is complicated, how things tend to end up working in today's world.

T.

Forum List

Back