Fookin movies and their fookin boobies.

CitizenPained

Dissident-Jude
Jul 10, 2011
Denver
Transformers, X-Men, and the Green Lantern all have boobie/sexual scenes...so WHY are you marketing your merchandise to my 6 year old kid? Your stupid 14 seconds of nipple is prohibiting me from taking him to the theatre and I got stuck with watching THE ZOOKEEPER. Thanks a lot, fuckheads. I was bored and we sat in the back (of the empty theatre, of course, since everyone was catching the other flicks) so I played on my phone and posted messages on here...and paid $10.50 to do it.

Subway: Green Lantern toy. McDonald's: Wolverine. Burger King: Transformers. (Okay, so it's my fault if we regularly frequent those places, but come ON. You get the point.) New Wii games, t shirts, coloring books, toys, Legos...seriously.

Plus we *like* hero movies and comics and games and whatever. I don't mind if there are a bunch of guns and that Wolverine is a trained assassin (my kid dislikes him for that reason, actually) cause it's all good guys v. bad guys but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Other PG-13 flicks have been enjoyed in my house without the fumble of the clicker. At home, we can skip through that kind of stuff if needed but I'm not about to take my six and a half year old to see the Green Lantern. He'd go, OH BOOBS UGGGGH!

I sound like my fucking parents. :(

Do you guys let your kiddos go to PG-13 movies if you know there will be sex/nudity?

Its kinda part of a person's childhood. You live and you learn. You have to teach children about the things people do, and guide them right from wrong. I took my 5 year old to Transformers 3 the other day, and he was just fine

That kind of thing makes my son uncomfortable. I think that six is a little young for sex simulation.

Ugh..I think basically this is what leads to fetishes (Which there is, for the most part, nothing wrong with). This, and many other cultures, have some really weird ideas about the human body and nudity in general. And I think if kids are taught that there is nothing wrong with the human body..as well as being taught what to look out for in terms of adults that may be predators..we'd all be better off in the long run.

There's a high probability that at the age of 13, your son already knows a little bit about Boobs and girls from school or his friendship circle.
If Boobs aren't excessively showcased or grabbed in a movie, I don't really see a problem, and watching some Boobs won't influence the development of your son's character.

Ugh..I think basically this is what leads to fetishes (Which there is, for the most part, nothing wrong with). This, and many other cultures, have some really weird ideas about the human body and nudity in general. And I think if kids are taught that there is nothing wrong with the human body..as well as being taught what to look out for in terms of adults that may be predators..we'd all be better off in the long run.

I'm just wondering if you'd ever have sex in front of your child...?

I mean, he knows what sex is from a six year old perspective ('guy puts his penis in the girl hole and stuff comes out'), but he doesn't want to SEE IT on TV.

I'm sorry, but you're being silly. Just because I don't want my kid to see sex on tv doesn't mean that I teach him that his body is something to be ashamed of. You're taking it a bit far.

yet what a lot of those comic book redux flicks DO employ is morbidity and mortality , often in very graphic or dramatic detail.

this makes for what is termed rubberneckker on accident scences , or for those unfamiliar with the phenomenon, the look of irressistable fantasy colliding with immovable reality of psychological poignancy i'd wager far an impact than the lad's first loose piece

misspiggy.jpg

I mean, he knows what sex is from a six year old perspective ('guy puts his penis in the girl hole and stuff comes out'), but he doesn't want to SEE IT on TV.

I'm sorry, but you're being silly. Just because I don't want my kid to see sex on tv doesn't mean that I teach him that his body is something to be ashamed of. You're taking it a bit far.

I don't have kids. I have nieces and nephews. And no..I wouldn't have sex in front of them. That's absurd. I wouldn't have sex in front of other adults either.

And if you don't want your six year old to see sex on tv..make sure that you make use of the various apparatus available to you to block that sort of programming.

But I for one..don't want a censorship board based on the various social mores of people with kids. And I just pointed out that I think we are a little to prude. In my travels I've found that the more prude a culture is..the more weird they are about sex.

Your masters are under control."Entertainment" is for fools.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3BNJOEvdeI]YouTube - ‪How and why Walt Disney is trying to corrupt you and your children‬‏[/ame]

I don't have kids. I have nieces and nephews. And no..I wouldn't have sex in front of them. That's absurd. I wouldn't have sex in front of other adults either.

And if you don't want your six year old to see sex on tv..make sure that you make use of the various apparatus available to you to block that sort of programming.

But I for one..don't want a censorship board based on the various social mores of people with kids. And I just pointed out that I think we are a little to prude. In my travels I've found that the more prude a culture is..the more weird they are about sex.

Where do I advocate censorship? I'm irritated that people market to young young kids under 10 and the movies aren't meant for that age range. Most of the time, the quick boob scene really does nothing to add to the plot of the film. The NCAA ratings are based on kids. That's not unreasonable...what is awkward is that I have to explicitly check to see if a 'family hit' has a sex scene in it first.

He's just now entering first grade. It's not really unreasonable to complain about marketing for his age (eg Happy Meals) considering the actual content of the film.

Last edited:
Transformers, X-Men, and the Green Lantern all have boobie/sexual scenes...so WHY are you marketing your merchandise to my 6 year old kid? Your stupid 14 seconds of nipple is prohibiting me from taking him to the theatre and I got stuck with watching THE ZOOKEEPER. Thanks a lot, fuckheads. I was bored and we sat in the back (of the empty theatre, of course, since everyone was catching the other flicks) so I played on my phone and posted messages on here...and paid $10.50 to do it.

Subway: Green Lantern toy. McDonald's: Wolverine. Burger King: Transformers. (Okay, so it's my fault if we regularly frequent those places, but come ON. You get the point.) New Wii games, t shirts, coloring books, toys, Legos...seriously.

Plus we *like* hero movies and comics and games and whatever. I don't mind if there are a bunch of guns and that Wolverine is a trained assassin (my kid dislikes him for that reason, actually) cause it's all good guys v. bad guys but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Other PG-13 flicks have been enjoyed in my house without the fumble of the clicker. At home, we can skip through that kind of stuff if needed but I'm not about to take my six and a half year old to see the Green Lantern. He'd go, OH BOOBS UGGGGH!

Do you guys let your kiddos go to PG-13 movies if you know there will be sex/nudity?

are you one of those angry women who has issues with sexuality?

the violence in the movies is ok, but the boobies aren't?

i'd rather kids see boobies than guns.

but in answer to the question, i didn't let my son go to PG movies or play Teen or M video games until they were age-appropriate. He was the last of his friends to be allowed to get M-rated games, actually.

If HE doesnt want to see it, he simply wont watch it. And like L.K Eder said, tits arent supposed to be a bigger deal than explosion and death. Nothing wrong with it.

Where do I advocate censorship? I'm irritated that people market to young young kids under 10 and the movies aren't meant for that age range. Most of the time, the quick boob scene really does nothing to add to the plot of the film. The NCAA ratings are based on kids. That's not unreasonable...what is awkward is that I have to explicitly check to see if a 'family hit' has a sex scene in it first.

He's just now entering first grade. It's not really unreasonable to complain about marketing for his age (eg Happy Meals) considering the actual content of the film.

So it's not the violence that "irritates" you..it's the boob.

Gotcha.

In any case..McDonalds has shown it's concern for the American public over and over again by serving fat and sodium laden food that leads to obsesity, diabetes and heart disease. Why the heck are you complaining about their marketing?

This is the nature of the society we live in. They are looking to make a buck..and do not care about the welfare of anyone.

"A new comprehensive study of the movie industry released during the buildup to the 1999 Academy Awards confirms what pro-family groups have contended for years: G-rated films are more profitable than R-rated ones.

Yet, in defiance of its own economic interests, Hollywood continues to produce far more R-rated movies than G-rated movie--and even promises a bumper crop of exceptionally graphic teen-oriented movies this year.

Paul Kagan Associates performed the study of the film industry at the request of the pro-family Dove Foundation of Grand Rapids, Mich. "While the movie industry produced 17.4 times more R-rated films than Grated films from 1988 to 1997," the study concluded, "the data shows that G-rated films produced 8.35 times more profits per film than R-rated movies."

Hollywood Makes `R' Movies, While `G' Movies Make Money.

So, what is the explanation...??

Forum List

Back