food shortage in jersey

Things will not go good for quite a while for many in the impacted area.
Many will whine about it, many will just buckle down and do what is needed.
Count on the whiners getting most of the media time.

Well, if it goes all 'The Road' down there,

Chris Christie may end up as the guest of honor at a pork roast.
And what about ray nagin? Things went really bad for New Orleans but you blamed Bush. So why should you blame Christie if things go bad?

Where was I in 2005?

btw, according to conservatives, we don't need FEMA. The churches and other private charities can fix all this.

How's that working out?

I think the right wants to privatize most of FEMA so we could fight disasters like we do wars now.
And charge the taxparers for feeding 1000 people when only 500 were there.

Well, if it goes all 'The Road' down there,

Chris Christie may end up as the guest of honor at a pork roast.
And what about ray nagin? Things went really bad for New Orleans but you blamed Bush. So why should you blame Christie if things go bad?

Where was I in 2005?

btw, according to conservatives, we don't need FEMA. The churches and other private charities can fix all this.

How's that working out?

Where was I in 2005?
I don't care and I didn't ask. but why are you ready to blame Christie when you never blamed Nagin, I guess you should blame obama since you blame Bush.

As for FEMA shut it the fuck down.

Don't be pissed off at the red cross or the government, people should have been prepared better. STOP FUCKING DEPENDING ON OTHERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN

As much as I agree with you there are some who simply may not have had the funds to stock up due to this shitty economy and the unemployment situation.

And the red cross can kiss my ass. I used to donate to them during every national or major international disaster. No more. Trying to reject the charity of food or clothing and DEMANDING cash is beyond the pale. I understand logistics and manpower but I also understand some people give what they are able to and if the RC isn't prepared for it that's their problem.

They have to pay that $500,000 salary plus expenses of their CEO somehow...

When I lived in Nawlins, the locals liked to eat something called 'Nutria'. No, it was not a Hollywood plasmo-gastric diet fad. It was basicly a large bayou swimming rat.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that rats are going to be put on the endangered species list in New York City.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Reb here. Mostly. I think that most of the people effected could have done far more to prepare. How many were supposed to evacuate and did not?

Did you have the same opinion during Katrina?

Yes even moreso there. Because if you live in a hurricane prone area AND below sea level you should evacuate when advised to.

Better yet don't live in a fish bowl to begin with.

Forum List

Back