Flustered Rachel Maddow defends Russia investigation as Durham probe shifts to criminal inquiry

MSNBC star Rachel Maddow was on the defensive Thursday night after multiple reports said the Justice Department investigation into the origins of the Russia inquiry had shifted into a criminal probe.

Maddow, who had beeen the face of MSNBC's coverage of the two-year investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, was baffled at the opening of her show Thursday night by the ongoing investigation from U.S. Attorney John Durham, whom Attorney General William Barr had appointed earlier this year.

"This is the news that honestly, we've been sort of expecting for some time or thinking that if things got really bad, it might come to this," Maddow told her viewers. "As of tonight, according to the New York Times, it has come to this."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.191592/gov.uscourts.dcd.191592.129.2.pdf

Perhaps the above explains (1) why DOJ is now investigating its own conduct; and (2) why the investigation is now a criminal investigation

Who cares? I'd rather pick toe lint from my feet than worry about what Maddow says or thinks. She is like the worst news "analyst" ever born.
some day i'll figure out the fascination to post every time someone says something stupid. they only thing you are then doing is flogging others with someone elses stupidity they never cared about to begin with.

if i want to see a stupid moistened bint saying whatever her side needs to say to feel better about their ever changing mood process, i'll tune in. otherwise, i'd rather not hear about it all the time.

goes for trumps stupid tweets too. not on twitter cause i just don't give a shit.

Hill better get in the race a quick like.......She'll use the, "I'm in a Presidential race and immune from all criminality"

Sure you did. That's why your boy is going to get impeached.
Who's stopping them?
democrats-still-waiting-5b6fd6.jpg

Maddow didn't look flustered or confused. She was wondering on what basis was the DOJ investigating itself. What are the charges? And it's funny how this comes out as Trumps crimes are being described in high definition. This attempt to intimidate others who may testify against Trump is apparent, but you right wingers are too stupid to see what's happening. If Trump was so innocent why all of this? It ain't about draining the swamp because he's had all kinds of corruption on his watch.
Hahahaha.

I see why you and Maddow are so flustered.

Barr isn't investigating himself, Einstien, he's investigating the corrupt Obama admin officials that abused their power.

You and Maddow aren't as stupid as you're acting. Leftists often feign ignorance rather than admit the corruption they support.

Hill better get in the race a quick like.......She'll use the, "I'm in a Presidential race and immune from all criminality"
Clapper and Comey should run.

But I think you're correct and said so as soon as Biden was given "Blanket Democrat Running for office Immunity" by the MSM.
From what I hear. The Horry Dory Report is as thick as a metro Yellow Pages without the advertisements.

For those who don't know what a telephone book is; it is a thick book full of phone numbers you had to look up instead of your lazy assed fingers do now

I'm not sure Durham will go along with the Stalinistic purge. If he doesn't find what you what him to find, I can't wait to hear how you'll turn on him like a sidewinder.

That's what I thought, initially. And sure, if Durham doesn't deliver the goods, he'll be turned into a never trumper, human scum, and a deep state operative in no time.

Just... everyone not completely delusional knows Trump demands personal loyalty. Everyone not utterly demented knows punishment for failure in their subservience will be fierce. Everyone with more than two functioning brain cells knows Trump is not interested in facts. With all that in mind, how to explain why he took that job? Assuming Durham is still the man of integrity and independent-minded prosecutor he once was, why would he risk being thrown in the meat grinder for not finding that Deep State conspiracy that is all the rage in Rightardia? The subject of Durham's inquiry isn't just some college prank, but the center, the very core of Trump's obsession.
Where have I heard this BS before?
You do know you sound just like Hillary, right?
Just as stupid and just as demented..

It is a serious shame what people are allowing this president to get away with.

They aren't just letting him get away with all that corruption, they are actually celebrating it. When, in fact, you can bet your last dime, they wouldn't know how to stop their spluttering apoplexy had a president Clinton done 10% of what Trump perpetrated. Just for fun, imagine if President Obama had recruited Putin to deliver dirt on Trump, and offered just about anything in return.

On the other hand, if you look a little back in history, how come President Obama acknowledged that yes, "We tortured some folks", and no one in the CIA faced prosecution for that, much less the goons in the Justice Department who wrote the memos "justifying" it all? Don't get me started on baby Bush's criminal war of aggression on Iraq. That's to say, "letting them get away with murder" has a bit of a tradition, even while the Trumpletons have taken that game to an entirely new level.

All that said, it remains to be seen what Durham is going to dig up, or will fail to dig up, as the case may be. Barr reportedly closely oversees that investigation, and that bodes ill. On the other hand, Barr is also smart enough to know that by investigating / charging members of the prior administration, he is setting a precedent that might, one day, reach his own good self. So that should put some dampers on the quasi- and extra-legal shenanigans he might consider engaging in.

It is a serious shame what people are allowing this president to get away with.

They aren't just letting him get away with all that corruption, they are actually celebrating it. When, in fact, you can bet your last dime, they wouldn't know how to stop their spluttering apoplexy had a president Clinton done 10% of what Trump perpetrated. Just for fun, imagine if President Obama had recruited Putin to deliver dirt on Trump, and offered just about anything in return.

On the other hand, if you look a little back in history, how come President Obama acknowledged that yes, "We tortured some folks", and no one in the CIA faced prosecution for that, much less the goons in the Justice Department who wrote the memos "justifying" it all? Don't get me started on baby Bush's criminal war of aggression on Iraq. That's to say, "letting them get away with murder" has a bit of a tradition, even while the Trumpletons have taken that game to an entirely new level.

All that said, it remains to be seen what Durham is going to dig up, or will fail to dig up, as the case may be. Barr reportedly closely oversees that investigation, and that bodes ill. On the other hand, Barr is also smart enough to know that by investigating / charging members of the prior administration, he is setting a precedent that might, one day, reach his own good self. So that should put some dampers on the quasi- and extra-legal shenanigans he might consider engaging in.

Was Obama referring to actions of his administration when he said that?/ Anyway, if you want to criticize Obama I think you should talk about his use of drones or his crazy belief in just war. However as it pertains to your general opinion, I agree with 100 percent.

Was Obama referring to actions of his administration when he said that?/ Anyway, if you want to criticize Obama I think you should talk about his use of drones or his crazy belief in just war. However as it pertains to your general opinion, I agree with 100 percent.

No, President Obama, upon being sworn in, ended the CIA torture camps. He referred to the previous administration. I am of a split mind on drones - justifiable in very, very narrow circumstances, such as disrupting an imminent terror plot in a country that doesn't cooperate in thwarting the like. Probably not a single of President Obama's drone strikes would be justifiable under these criteria. Just war theory I do see as an improvement on "I am going to war because I can". No more, no less.

No, President Obama, upon being sworn in, ended the CIA torture camps. He referred to the previous administration. I am of a split mind on drones - justifiable in very, very narrow circumstances, such as disrupting an imminent terror plot in a country that doesn't cooperate in thwarting the like. Probably not a single of President Obama's drone strikes would be justifiable under these criteria. Just war theory I do see as an improvement on "I am going to war because I can". No more, no less.

Makes sense.

so what is she worried about then? her reaction is strange if she believes in the russia investigation. Why would she care exactly? does she have skin in the game? hell yeah!! the leakers will feed info into how the media knowingly reported on faked stories. civil lawsuits coming.

Every AG works at the pleasure of the POTUS.

Check out the Constitution one day. It's a short read, but a good read.
The AG may work at the pleasure of POTUS, IF he/she gets confirmed that is, but if you would be so kind as to point to the part of the Constitution where it says he/she works FOR the POTUS I'd be obliged.

And I can't help remembering the fate of the celebrated Roy Cohn whose likeness is so comforting to POTUS.

Penelope, Wikileaks posted up Crooked Hillary and the Corrupt DNC emails shortly after former DNC staffer Seth Rich gave Wikileaks the smartcard that contained the files. The fake news and the democrats who tell them what to present actually ignored the emails when Wikileaks posted them, but when eventually they acknowledged them claimed they were fake, and then of course claimed RUSSIA did it. :p Corrupt POS Donna Brazile now on FOX news was heavily involved in that fake news in addition to providing Crooked Hillary with debate questions before debates.

Wikileaks , Julian Assange, stuck at the embassy in Ecuador didn't exist on nothing, he got paid by who now??.

Seth Rich are you really going there, you are lost, get out of the rabbit hole. This is not going to stop the impeachment of tramp.
You really don't understand what Wikileaks is or how it works do you? They are whistleblowers who will publish anything from anybody that shines a light on the inner workings of governments behind people's backs. They were the darling of Democrats everywhere when they were receiving and publishing shit damaging to Republicans. How stupid of them to not realize that Wikileaks isn't partisan and will expose anyone. Karma's a bitch.

Forum List

Back