Fluke is a media whore. Appears on Schultz.

why did you omit this part of your OP?

"What next? Appearances on Imus "nappy headed whores" or Maher "Palin is a C***"?"

yep those derrogatory terms are used all the time.

By assholes and biggots.

If appearing on TV after Rush Limbaugh spent 3 days slandering her makes her a "media whore", what does that make "Joe the Plumber"?

A media whore. It's a common phrase.

Here.

The top ten media whores of NYC. Scallywag March 22, 2010 22
The top ten media whores of NYC.

Go here you'll see lots more.

Top ten political media whores - Google Search

It's used all the time. Good heavens.

:lol:

Well gee, not usually to describe private citizens who were savaged on television for three days by a drug addled gasbag, by golly.

why did you omit this part of your OP?

"What next? Appearances on Imus "nappy headed whores" or Maher "Palin is a C***"?"

yep those derrogatory terms are used all the time.

By assholes and biggots.

Sadly it's just our culture these days. I was brought up on the Queen's English. But even I've become immune to how people talk.

Hip hop and Rap have just ....well I have no words. But we can't turn the clock back unfortunately.

Cripes who was the idiot who even said Hillary was "pimping" Chelsea. Language is outrageous these days.

I've said in other threads that Rush could have easily used other language to get his point across.

So it's miserably not just assholes and bigots.

In my OP I brought up Imus and Maher as equal to an appearance on Schultz for all three have used derogatory terminology to women, just as Rush has.

It's hypocrisy plain and simple in my mind for her to have gone on Schultz.

Hypocrisy it may be but I cannot excuse the behavior of Rush or anyone else in cases like this.
Hypocrisy is a cornerstone of modern politics.
Sad but true.

Call me old fashioned or conservative but I cannot condone this type of behavior towards a lady.

Last edited:
If appearing on TV after Rush Limbaugh spent 3 days slandering her makes her a "media whore", what does that make "Joe the Plumber"?

Here.

How many media appearances does one have to make in order to qualify as a media whore?

As some use the term there have been a lot of "media whores" on TV lately promoting their books.
Heck Newt is running for president for that purpose just like the black republican who dropped out was. Or would that be a political whore?

Freedom of speech sucks when it's someone speaking who has a different point of view from your own. She has her agenda and wants to be somebody. I say let her go for it.

What's anyone's guess as to how many posts the USMB right has made over the last week defending Limbaugh, or trying to mitigate what he did, or attacking his victim, or trying to deflect to irrelevant issues like 'hypocrisy', etc., etc.?

A thousand? Five thousand? Ten thousand?

What's anyone's guess as to how many posts the USMB right has made over the last week defending Limbaugh, or trying to mitigate what he did, or attacking his victim, or trying to deflect to irrelevant issues like 'hypocrisy', etc., etc.?

A thousand? Five thousand? Ten thousand?

You think so? Well, here's a minus one, he was an idiot.

Here.

Well gee, not usually to describe private citizens who were savaged on television for three days by a drug addled gasbag, by golly.

She's a professional activist. A true feminist. Her resume for liberal female activism will no doubt land her a position in a Washington Democrat Law Firm.

Flukes no child. And come on "savaged" ? I'm sure she has an agent by now and is waiting for a book deal.:lol:

Here.

She's a professional activist. A true feminist. Her resume for liberal female activism will no doubt land her a position in a Washington Democrat Law Firm.

Flukes no child. And come on "savaged" ? I'm sure she has an agent by now and is waiting for a book deal.:lol:

Rush talking about her on the air was probably one of the most gratifying things that's ever happened to her.

A few years ago, an organization I worked for made it onto Glenn Beck's Blackboard Of Evil. One of the proudest day of my life.

Someone get back to me when you can show me one example of Obama during the campaign told the media and his supporters to cease and desist all their very personal and extraordinarily vile and vulgar attacks on Palin and her family.

I think Rush could have found other words to use in this instance. These words were crass.

But hell's bells people stop playing the holier than thou crowd after the viciousness your side released on Palin and her family.

Flukes no child. And come on "savaged" ? I'm sure she has an agent by now and is waiting for a book deal.:lol
:

Rush talking about her on the air was probably one of the most gratifying things that's ever happened to her.

A few years ago, an organization I worked for made it onto Glenn Beck's Blackboard Of Evil. One of the proudest day of my life.

Holy shit, so now Ms. Fluke is supposed to be "grateful" to Limbaugh for publicly calling her a slut and a prostitute?

Last edited:

Holy shit, so now Ms. Fluke is supposed to be "grateful" to Limbaugh for publicly calling her a slut and a prostitute?

I don't know if "grateful" is the right word, and I didn't say she "should" be anything.

But I'm sure she's thrilled about it. I know I would be, in her shoes.

She's a professional political activist. If she's so thin-skinned that Rush's comments truly upset her, she has no business in this business. And if she's not thin-skinned, she's laughing her way to the bank.

I don't know if "grateful" is the right word, and I didn't say she "should" be anything.

She's a professional political activist. If she's so thin-skinned that Rush's comments truly upset her, she has no business in this business. And if she's not thin-skinned, she's laughing her way to the bank.

I apologize if you thought I was referring to you. I was referring to tinydancer, which is why I highlighted her remarks in bold.

Someone get back to me when you can show me one example of Obama during the campaign told the media and his supporters to cease and desist all their very personal and extraordinarily vile and vulgar attacks on Palin and her family.

I think Rush could have found other words to use in this instance. These words were crass.

But hell's bells people stop playing the holier than thou crowd after the viciousness your side released on Palin and her family.

Hey now! The right wingers were the ones wanting Palin to post her sexual escapades on the net.

I apologize if you thought I was referring to you. I was referring to tinydancer, which is why I highlighted her remarks in bold.

As far as I can see, tinydancer was saying the same thing I was.

The only difference is that I'm not making a value judgement on her. Our points were the same.

I don't think she's "hypocritical", or "bad" because of it, but tinydancer is right - she's not crying into her pillow about this.

Forum List

Back