Fluke enjoyed a "lovely trip to Barcelona" before asking for free birth control.

I don't get your point?

Well, a lot of conservatives here seem to be confused, and think that Fluke was asking for "free" birth control FOR HERSELF.

She was not, of course. Which means how much money Fluke makes is completely irrelevant. I know that, you know that, but apparently conservatives haven't figured it out.

Ah, yes...the old "it's not me, but a FRIEND that I know" story?

Here you go again, a perfect example. Can't even get their minds around the idea of something being a RIGHT that should be available to EVERY woman, can they? If it's not about "me," then it must be about some "friend of mine."

I don't know, this is almost reaching the point of looking like a lot of crippled brains.

Free birth control isn't a right, anymore than having free chocolate cokes on Tuesdays is a right.

I don't get your point?

Well, a lot of conservatives here seem to be confused, and think that Fluke was asking for "free" birth control FOR HERSELF.

She was not, of course. Which means how much money Fluke makes is completely irrelevant. I know that, you know that, but apparently conservatives haven't figured it out.

Seems odd doesnt it?

Conservatives seem to think that people go to congress to ask for legislation that applies only to themselves
Most of us know that she specifically sought out that university with the sole intention to stir up shit.

Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

Transcript of testimony by Sandra Fluke

She was asking that the insurance that she.........and other women pay for...........include coverage for birth control. She was not asking for anything for free.

Stop lying. Please. Stop lying.

So why was Obama asking insurance companies to supply it for free, if it was already free to Ms. Fluke or the people she supposedly represented?

Ah, yes...the old "it's not me, but a FRIEND that I know" story?

Here you go again, a perfect example. Can't even get their minds around the idea of something being a RIGHT that should be available to EVERY woman, can they? If it's not about "me," then it must be about some "friend of mine."

I don't know, this is almost reaching the point of looking like a lot of crippled brains.

What I'm laughing at, Dragon...is that if you READ Fluke's testimony...she admits that her "friend" IS covered for that prescription under Georgetown's health insurance policy. So if that's the case...then why was she even brought up as an example?

Last edited:
Fluke wants Congress to force a religious institution to engage in a behavior which completely violates its beliefs.

For no other reason than pure hatred toward that religion.

If she wants to buy insurance that covers birth control, the campus rules clearly state you are allowed to buy your own health insurance and are not required to buy your health insurance through the Church.

She is, without question, an evil bitch.

She was asking that the insurance that she.........and other women pay for...........include coverage for birth control. She was not asking for anything for free.

Jesus, you really do not know how insurance works, do you?

The problem is I am not lying, and that you are an idiot.

If your insurance does not cover birth control, YOU ARE NOT CHARGED FOR IT.

If you ADD birth control, the COST GOES UP.

So Fluke is NOT PAYING FOR BIRTH CONTROL COVERAGE.

Also, I am going to let you in on a little secret that is damn well known to Ms. Fluke. Ready?

YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN HEALTH INSURANCE TO GEORGETOWN!

No, really!

You don't have to buy your insurance from them! If you want insurance that covers birth control, you can go right ahead and buy that health insurance and not use Georgetown's insurance.

Amazing, huh?

Feeling manipulated yet? Because you are being manipulated, you know.

You are too dishonest to deal with.

Jesus, you really do not know how insurance works, do you?

The problem is I am not lying, and that you are an idiot.

If your insurance does not cover birth control, YOU ARE NOT CHARGED FOR IT.

If you ADD birth control, the COST GOES UP.

So Fluke is NOT PAYING FOR BIRTH CONTROL COVERAGE.

Also, I am going to let you in on a little secret that is damn well known to Ms. Fluke. Ready?

YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN HEALTH INSURANCE TO GEORGETOWN!

No, really!

You don't have to buy your insurance from them! If you want insurance that covers birth control, you can go right ahead and buy that health insurance and not use Georgetown's insurance.

Amazing, huh?

Feeling manipulated yet? Because you are being manipulated, you know.

You are too dishonest to deal with.

That's all you have?

Please expose a single lie in my post.

Free birth control isn't a right, anymore than having free chocolate cokes on Tuesdays is a right.

Pushing your religious beliefs on others is not a right either

Which is exactly what Ms. Fluke was doing.

Exactly.

She does not have the religious belief that contraception is inappropriate so she does not care that what she wants will infirnge on the religious beliefs of others.

The left refuses to recognioze this logic becuase it doesnt fit their agenda.

What I'm laughing at, Dragon...is that if you READ Fluke's testimony...she admits that her "friend" IS covered for that prescription under Georgetown's health insurance policy.

You still don't get it at all.

Look, remember Martin Luther King's famous speech, the "I have a dream" speech? In that speech, he talked about a world where one day his children would be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Now, is it your impression that he was talking ONLY about his kids? If somehow a special dispensation against the provisions of Jim Crow could have been issued to the King family, do you think he'd have been satisfied with that? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, he was trying to accomplish something for ALL African-Americans?

If you can make that mind-stretch in regard to King and civil rights, why can't you make it in regard to Fluke and reproductive rights? Whether you agree with her or not, can't you see that whether SHE HERSELF can afford birth control and family planning services DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT?

Here are all the health plans recommended by Fluke's school:

HealthInsurance

REFERENCE GUIDE TO HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS:

Georgetown Student Health Insurance Website or call (202) 687-4883. Also see Description of Benefits Brochure for a description of 2008-2009 benefits.

Aetna.

Carefirst BlueCross Blueshield

Assurant Health

Kaiser Permanente

Someone please explain to me how the priests are stopping her from getting birth control coverage in her health insurance.

Or from getting it free from any of the family planning clinics in her area.

Hey Conservatives...

If a diabetic goes to Spain, does that mean he should not get "free insulin" from his insurance company?

yep.

If his insurance policy that he pays for does not include free insulin...then it would be outright disingenuous to say it SHOULD be for free becuase he cant pay for it...despite having the money to go on vacations abroad.

Exactly true. Yes. He should not expect free insulin.

Last edited:
Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

Transcript of testimony by Sandra Fluke

She was asking a vendor to change an agreement and include soemthing for free that was not part of the original agreement.

If I buy a SONY TV, should I be upset if Sony refused to give me cable as well?

How about a car...you buy a car,...should the auto maker give you gas as well?

Pushing your religious beliefs on others is not a right either

Which is exactly what Ms. Fluke was doing.

uh no she wasn't. this reverse "racism", religion crap is just that crap.

Nice "refute" without backing it up.

Insurance business owners who do not believe in contraception do not want to offer birth control as it is against their morals.

Fluke doesnt give a crap. Her religious beliefs do not dictate her life...so she doesnt care if others are forced to deviate from their religious beliefs to accommodate her desires.

Refute that....go ahead....try.

What I'm laughing at, Dragon...is that if you READ Fluke's testimony...she admits that her "friend" IS covered for that prescription under Georgetown's health insurance policy.

You still don't get it at all.

Look, remember Martin Luther King's famous speech, the "I have a dream" speech? In that speech, he talked about a world where one day his children would be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Now, is it your impression that he was talking ONLY about his kids? If somehow a special dispensation against the provisions of Jim Crow could have been issued to the King family, do you think he'd have been satisfied with that? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, he was trying to accomplish something for ALL African-Americans?

If you can make that mind-stretch in regard to King and civil rights, why can't you make it in regard to Fluke and reproductive rights? Whether you agree with her or not, can't you see that whether SHE HERSELF can afford birth control and family planning services DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what Ms. Fluke is even talking about in regards to her friend with ovarian cysts, Dragon. She brings her up as this "example" of how badly women are being treated by Georgetown's healthcare plan but then turns around and admits in passing that woman IS covered...but she "represents" other women who might not be. Come on...are you kidding me? Good luck to Fluke if she ever tries to take silly shit like that into a court of law...she'll get laughed out of court.

And between you and me? Bringing up the civil rights struggle that MLK led in comparison to THIS is almost laughable. You want me to make a "mind-stretch" on that?

Forum List

Back