Florida vying to become 46th state to allow open carry

Good for you. I hope it never happens but I sure in the hell would want to be armed so I could defend myself if it did happen....what about you?

I think you are much better off using your mind. Gun fights are a god way to get killed.
Go ahead. No one will force you to use or even own a gun. Not being armed can get you killed just as much as being armed and fighting back can....I would rather take my chance. Most if not all criminals are cowards who will run at the sight of a victim using a weapon or being pulled on them.

Yep I think it makes one more likely to be shot. It's a free country, do what you want. But crime has been going down for over 30 years. If you aren't involved in criminal activity and use common sense you are very safe.

But crime has been going down for over 30 years.

and the number of privately owned firearms has greatly increased.

Use you brain on that, see if you can find a correlation

Studies have shown no correlation. Try there are cameras everywhere and security systems.

you're a joke.

I don't carry at all and have never been the victim of a criminal. Your mind is the best defense.
Good for you. I hope it never happens but I sure in the hell would want to be armed so I could defend myself if it did happen....what about you?

I think you are much better off using your mind. Gun fights are a god way to get killed.
Go ahead. No one will force you to use or even own a gun. Not being armed can get you killed just as much as being armed and fighting back can....I would rather take my chance. Most if not all criminals are cowards who will run at the sight of a victim using a weapon or being pulled on them.

Yep I think it makes one more likely to be shot. It's a free country, do what you want. But crime has been going down for over 30 years. If you aren't involved in criminal activity and use common sense you are very safe.
Crime has gone down as access to defending ones self have expanded. Also no it doesn't make you more likely to get shot. But not having a weapon to defend yourself when the thug decides he don't want any witnesses can and would be a fatal mistake,I prefer at least having a chance at shooting the SOB that's trying to kill me. My life ain't great but I got a wife and 4 kids to live for. Not sure where you get the idea that being unarmed means you are less likely to be shot...thugs don't ask the victim if they are armed they just rob and then shoot....they ain't there for a conversation.

If they intend to shoot you the thug usually already has his gun pointed at you. You'd be dead armed or not if he really wants you dead.

Then don't open carry. See how easy that was to fix for yourself? Can we get your city and vehicle color etc please? Criminals love victims handed to them on a platter.

I don't carry at all and have never been the victim of a criminal. Your mind is the best defense.

Using YOUR mind is a 'good' way to get killed.

I prefer to use something that works

I assume your mind doesn't work then. I don't have that problem.

It's a good thing George Zimmerman had his gun when Trayvon Martin was beating his mind against the cement sidewalk.

Studies have shown no correlation. Try there are cameras everywhere and security systems.

you're a joke.

You obviously prefer fantasy to facts.

It's a good thing George Zimmerman had his gun when Trayvon Martin was beating his mind against the cement sidewalk.

Yes he is a real good guy. He killed a child he was harassing.

you're a joke.

You obviously prefer fantasy to facts.

You've provided no facts, just jokes

Yep, a 6'3" child that used to play football. He killed a "child" that attacked him, that's all.

I assume your mind doesn't work then

you 'assume' incorrectly, as usual.

I don't have that problem.

Your posts prove otherwise

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind? I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Then move to my neighborhood and see if you feel the same way.

How many times you defending yourself QuickDraw?

Yep, a 6'3" childt used to play football. He killed a "child" that attacked him, that's all.
Then he shouldn't have been harassing him. He was the adult.

Its obviously a good thing brain doesn't carry. Eliminating him/her from the gene pool would benefit all of society. Criminal gets money/car/etc society gains one less moronic fool willing to die to prove that see I didn't fight back...oh wait....nevermind he was still killed not fighting back.

Its obviously a good thing brain doesn't carry. Eliminating him/her from the gene pool would benefit all of society. Criminal gets money/car/etc society gains one less moronic fool willing to die to prove that see I didn't fight back...oh wait....nevermind he was still killed not fighting back.

Why don't you hold your breath and wait for that to happen?

Yep, a 6'3" childt used to play football. He killed a "child" that attacked him, that's all.

He wasn't harassing him. He simply called the police to have him checked out. Martin fit the description of people that were robbing homes there.

I assume your mind doesn't work then

you 'assume' incorrectly, as usual.

I don't have that problem.

Your posts prove otherwise

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind? I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Then move to my neighborhood and see if you feel the same way.

How many times you defending yourself QuickDraw?

Thank God none so far. But as the old saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Why don't you hold your breath and wait for that to happen?
Because I don't give a shit if it happens or not? I am willing to prepare for the CHANCE it might happen to me,You choose NOT TO prepare other than to figure eh this criminal committing a criminal act won't murder me....so go ahead...let us know how it works for ya .

Florida Vying to Become 46th State to Allow Open Carry

Great news. Let me guess last 4....Hawaii,Mass,NY and Cali? That's without looking....as an extra 2 i'll guess Illinois and Connecticut

Anyways...great news hope it passes and armed people are a free people and criminals are a lot less likely to try and rob someone if they think they may get shot for their trouble.

Open Carry, double-chins of the world unite.

He wasn't harassing him. He simply called the police to have him checked out. Martin fit the description of people that were robbing homes there.

Yeah right. He should have minded his own business. Kid wasn't doing anything wrong.

I wish Calif would do it.

That will never happen.
I know. Which is why I want out of calif.
Meanwhile, this old lady will continue to sneak.

Well you're welcome to Ohio anytime, although getting used to the weather may take some time.

Over here, they are very lenient with our gun laws. In fact, our house just passed another bill that took some restrictions of where you're not allowed to carry like government entities and schools. Our laws are setup so that the shooter has the benefit of the doubt. In Ohio, you can even drive with your loaded gun right on the passenger seat legally.

Forum List

Back