Florida vying to become 46th state to allow open carry

I lived in Iowa for a short spell. Hot and humid in the summer, colder than a witch's tit in winter. I am a californy gal. I'll miss my ocean. :(

It's a good thing George Zimmerman had his gun when Trayvon Martin was beating his mind against the cement sidewalk.

Yes he is a real good guy. He killed a child he was harassing.

Yep, a 6'3" childt used to play football. He killed a "child" that attacked him, that's all.
Then he shouldn't have been harassing him. He was the adult.

He wasn't harassing him. He simply called the police to have him checked out. Martin fit the description of people that were robbing homes there.

Yeah right. He should have minded his own business. Kid wasn't doing anything wrong.

And neither was Zimmerman. Zimmerman did the right thing. He noticed a suspicious person that didn't live in the complex, and he called the police to have Martin checked out.

Well go ahead if you don't like carrying a gun, I have taken mine out about three or four times, and have not had to use it. If you do not have the I-F to use it though, you may as well not have it. The flip side of that is you just die a little easier. As for "The Kid" and the idea that people have no right to ask ANYONE ANYWHERE what they are doing if they are out of place, Be a cracker an walk into the Hood main, see if anyone aks whut choo doin hyah, see if you walk in and out the same way. So when it is the same FOR ALL it WILL BE the same for all. You want to be straight up, Why would you raise hell about the "peaceful majority of Muslims" not fighting the "radical jihadist Muslims", and NOT raise hell about the Idea that the peaceful black communities support the radical black thug element when they get dragged down. How many white people supported the sorry piece of crap that went into a Church, and Killed Christians that were BLACKS. I hope not one. Some people think their rights override some other peoples rights, and apparently so does our present government. enuff Truth and gun control are Not compatible, the true stats do not even come close to the rhetoric. The lies our young people are bombarded with daily at school, by electronic media, and in all government supported social functions, and forums is astounding, and overwhelming.

I assume your mind doesn't work then. I don't have that problem.

I assume your mind doesn't work then

you 'assume' incorrectly, as usual.

I don't have that problem.

Your posts prove otherwise

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind? I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Then move to my neighborhood and see if you feel the same way.

How many times you defending yourself QuickDraw?

Thank God none so far. But as the old saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Yeah sounds like you really need it.

Yes he is a real good guy. He killed a child he was harassing.

Yep, a 6'3" childt used to play football. He killed a "child" that attacked him, that's all.

He wasn't harassing him. He simply called the police to have him checked out. Martin fit the description of people that were robbing homes there.

Yeah right. He should have minded his own business. Kid wasn't doing anything wrong.

And neither was Zimmerman. Zimmerman did the right thing. He noticed a suspicious person that didn't live in the complex, and he called the police to have Martin checked out.

No harassing a kid who did nothing wrong is not the right thing.

you 'assume' incorrectly, as usual.

Your posts prove otherwise

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind? I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Thank God none so far. But as the old saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Well if I do, it's there.

So how did he "harass" Martin? Martin ran (which looked very suspicious) and Zimmerman ran after Martin to keep an eye on where he was at until the police got there. I don't see harassment in that case. That's not to mention the fact that the chase was less than ten seconds.

This is besides the fact that somebody following you for a few seconds does not give you the right to break the law by committing felonious assault.

There is no law about following somebody, but there are laws against physically attacking a person.

Just don't shoot yourself or the wrong person. Might find yourself dead or in jail.

So how did he "harass" Martin? Martin ran (which looked very suspicious) and Zimmerman ran after Martin to keep an eye on where he was at until the police got there. I don't see harassment in that case. That's not to mention the fact that the chase was less than ten seconds.

This is besides the fact that somebody following you for a few seconds does not give you the right to break the law by committing felonious assault.

There is no law about following somebody, but there are laws against physically attacking a person.

You have the story just from Zimmerman. What we know is that Martin wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm not impressed by an adult starting a fight with a kid and then when he gets his butt kicked shooting him. He should have been thrown in jail no doubt. We have seen this guy is a turd by his actions since.

You have the story just from Zimmerman. What we know is that Martin wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm not impressed by an adult starting a fight with a kid and then when he gets his butt kicked shooting him. He should have been thrown in jail no doubt. We have seen this guy is a turd by his actions since.

Zimmerman didn't start a fight with anybody. After Martin outran him, he hid between the houses waiting on Zimmerman to get off the phone with the police. When Zimmerman walked by, Martin attacked him.

Martin was less than a football field away from where he was staying. In the time he separated himself from Zimmerman to the time Zimmerman got off the phone with dispatch, Martin could have crawled home. But he didn't. He waited right there.

As the autopsy showed, Martin didn't have a scratch on him with the exception of the bullet hole and a scraped knuckle consistent with hitting somebody or something. Zimmerman suffered several injuries including two black eyes, a broken nose, lacerations on the back of his head, and some minor back injuries.

All evidence points to Zimmerman being attacked. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman laid a hand on Martin.

Florida gun laws are similar to our own here in Ohio. While I don't know the exact wording of their laws, I do know ours, and it states: A licensed firearm carrier may use their weapon if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death.

Zimmerman's injuries were in the category of serious bodily harm. In fact, Zimmerman could have legally shot Martin long before he suffered all those injuries.

Just don't shoot yourself or the wrong person. Might find yourself dead or in jail.

That is correct. This is why you need to go through a training course before you get your license. Our requirement is 10 hours of study plus 2 hours of range time to prove you have some accuracy with the weapon you plan to use. You must take a written test to pass besides the range test.

You have the story just from Zimmerman.

I'm curious.

Where did you get your version of the story?

Zimmerman didn't start a fight with anybody. After Martin outran him, he hid between the houses waiting on Zimmerman to get off the phone with the police. When Zimmerman walked by, Martin attacked him.

Martin was less than a football field away from where he was staying. In the time he separated himself from Zimmerman to the time Zimmerman got off the phone with dispatch, Martin could have crawled home. But he didn't. He waited right there.

As the autopsy showed, Martin didn't have a scratch on him with the exception of the bullet hole and a scraped knuckle consistent with hitting somebody or something. Zimmerman suffered several injuries including two black eyes, a broken nose, lacerations on the back of his head, and some minor back injuries.

All evidence points to Zimmerman being attacked. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman laid a hand on Martin.

Florida gun laws are similar to our own here in Ohio. While I don't know the exact wording of their laws, I do know ours, and it states: A licensed firearm carrier may use their weapon if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death.

Zimmerman's injuries were in the category of serious bodily harm. In fact, Zimmerman could have legally shot Martin long before he suffered all those injuries.

It's cute you think you know what happened. We know he didn't listen to what the police told him to do. Sorry but Zimmerman is a tool. He harassed a child into a fight and then shot him when he got his ass kicked.

That is correct. This is why you need to go through a training course before you get your license. Our requirement is 10 hours of study plus 2 hours of range time to prove you have some accuracy with the weapon you plan to use. You must take a written test to pass besides the range test.

And people still make mistakes when under pressure. So be careful.

It's cute you think you know what happened. We know he didn't listen to what the police told him to do. Sorry but Zimmerman is a tool. He harassed a child into a fight and then shot him when he got his ass kicked.

There is no such thing as harassing anybody into a fight.

And yes, I do know what happened. I followed the case very closely and looked over all the forensic evidence. So do tell: what did police tell Zimmerman to do that he didn't? That's your typical left-wing BS propaganda. The police didn't tell him to do anything. The dispatcher (who is not an officer or has any authority) told Zimmerman he didn't need to follow Martin. Besides the fact that a dispatcher has no authority to tell anybody anything, Zimmerman stopped following Martin on that suggestion.

This is clear on the 911 recording where Zimmerman was panting and rubbing the phone against (probably) his cheek. After the dispatchers suggestion, the panting stopped, the rubbing stopped and in a few seconds, Zimmerman's voice returned it it's quiet normal tone.

From that point on, Zimmerman continued his conversation with the dispatcher for about another minute; plenty of time for Martin to run to the house he was staying at.

The police didn't tell him to do a thing. That is an incorrect left wing nutter version of the truth.

You know nothing, but you are a progressive, and ignorance is your main characteristic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back