Florida manatee's dying in record numbers.....due to cold!!

They don't migrate, they stay in the same territory for life. I know where to see them. Nice creatures, Porpoises are pretty cool, too.

One time we were partying at the beach and this porpoise rolled up to say "Hi". It had to be my dog that ran up barking at him and he just slipped nonchalantly back into the water. If not for my dog, he would have hung out longer.
That's cool man...they are so smart (porpoises). I wanna swim with one before I kick. I have only touched one, at Sea World as a kid. Manatees remind me of fat vagrants. I bet those are good eatin.

I couldn't kill a manatee to eat it. Why do that when there's rabbits, fish, sharks, crabs, stingrays, snakes, and gators right down the road? They're too cute. Manatees have them big old puppy eyes.
I agree...they are sweet animals. However...if the belly starts rumbling...

There's plenty more pickin's around here, you know, where I could go and see a Manatee tomorrow, if I so wished. Right next to a certain Circle K, as a matter of fact.
Circle K...are these 'land manatee' which you are referring to? I haven't seen a Circle K in...15 years?

Wtf is a land manatee? Maybe BDBoop? But she weighs more.

Swim south, you stupid f***s.

They don't migrate, they stay in the same territory for life. I know where to see them. Nice creatures, Porpoises are pretty cool, too.

One time we were partying at the beach and this porpoise rolled up to say "Hi". It had to be my dog that ran up barking at him and he just slipped nonchalantly back into the water. If not for my dog, he would have hung out longer.

That is pretty cool...I would like to have seen one :)

They probably weigh at least 800 lbs. My dog wasn't much larger than it's head.

I'd like to see them some time...big gentle creatures :)

I swear he came up just because it looked like everybody was having a good time.

I swear he came up just because it looked like everybody was having a good time.

Curiosity :D

Nobody else's dog ruined the moment. :(

:lol: Well...a dog must protect you from a 800 pound behmoth right?

iu

Other people's dogs were there..

iu

And I bet they were chicken weenies! Not one of them brave enough to ruin the moment! Oh and Save You :D

iu

And I bet they were chicken weenies! Not one of them brave enough to ruin the moment! Oh and Save You :D

I wasn't in need of saving. :(

Tbh, that was a great bloodline of dogs, though. That one rarely barked, ever. However, he did just bite if someone didn't belong.
He stopped 2 guys from stealing my motorcycle once.

iu

Tbh, that was a great bloodline of dogs, though. That one rarely barked, ever. However, he did just bite if someone didn't belong.

What kind of dog was he?

iu

What kind of dog was he?

Staffordshire Terrier, 85 lbs. At the dinner table, he'd lay his head on my leg and look up, so cute! He was good with my mama, too. I got him because he killed a couple cows. :eusa_whistle:

The manatee's are "one big freeze from ecological disaster"..............

http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-now/bitter-florida-cold-contributes-to-166-manatee-deaths-this-year-a-record-pace/465-8436c787-f976-4e9e-98ee-e9a43a9e7ec7

Wont hear the climate crusader k00ks talking about this........doesn't fit the established narrative.

ghey :gay::pinkygirly:

The article doesn't say that a record number of manatees have died due to cold. It says that manatee deaths are on pace for a record total. It also says that 51 of the 166 manatee deaths were due to cold spells in the first couple of months. It also points out that in 2010, 282 manatees died due to cold stress.

Your thread title is misleading.

Global Warming projections and "records" are misleading as well. PROJECTING record breaking is a fundamental go-to tactic of GW hype..

ACTUALLY -- manatee deaths are an "unintended consequence" of environmental measures to reduce thermal discharge of heated waters from power plants. For decades, manatees sought out those areas on the St. Johns and IntraCoastal NEAR power plants to winter in.

With all the mitigations put on thermal discharge, they now scatter to other areas. Some of which are deadly choices for manatees.... Another example of being over-zealous and not actually thinking thru Green policy..

http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-now/bitter-florida-cold-contributes-to-166-manatee-deaths-this-year-a-record-pace/465-8436c787-f976-4e9e-98ee-e9a43a9e7ec7

Wont hear the climate crusader k00ks talking about this........doesn't fit the established narrative.

The article doesn't say that a record number of manatees have died due to cold. It says that manatee deaths are on pace for a record total. It also says that 51 of the 166 manatee deaths were due to cold spells in the first couple of months. It also points out that in 2010, 282 manatees died due to cold stress.

Global Warming projections and "records" are misleading as well. PROJECTING record breaking is a fundamental go-to tactic of GW hype..

ACTUALLY -- manatee deaths are an "unintended consequence" of environmental measures to reduce thermal discharge of heated waters from power plants. For decades, manatees sought out those areas on the St. Johns and IntraCoastal NEAR power plants to winter in.

With all the mitigations put on thermal discharge, they now scatter to other areas. Some of which are deadly choices for manatees.... Another example of being over-zealous and not actually thinking thru Green policy..

It has been cold this year, Manatees can't deal with cold very well, they don't migrate like sharks, either, the end.

Whatever you say s0n........... :iyfyus.jpg:. Clearly the manatee's are doing just fine!

Whatever you say s0n........... :iyfyus.jpg:. Clearly the manatee's are doing just fine!

Sorry if you have a problem with actually reading the articles you post about. ;)

Sorry if you have a problem with actually reading the articles you post about. ;)
But winning s0n!!

Forum List

Back