Due to record cold, people freezing to death in Florida, I pray for Global Warming.

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
I can not believe it gets so cold, that people are dying in Florida because of the cold. This first link is from 1999 but I include a second link showing a man freezing to death in 2020!

Can we please stop fighting climate change and allow it to get warmer so these needless deaths stop.

A recent study revealed that from 1979 to 1999, 124 people in Florida died from the cold, not including those who have perished in house fires started by space heaters, or from other secondary causes

A Winter Park man found dead in a small boat on a Central Florida lake probably died of hypothermia, officials said.

The body of David Jonathan Holcomb, 19, was found in the boat on East Lake Tohopekaliga east of Kissimmee on Wednesday. Officials said Tuesday night's 28-degree temperatures in the area felt like 8 degrees with the wind chill.

I can not believe it gets so cold, that people are dying in Florida because of the cold. This first link is from 1999 but I include a second link showing a man freezing to death in 2020!

Can we please stop fighting climate change and allow it to get warmer so these needless deaths stop.

Is this out of the ordinary for past years in Florida? We've heard of orange crops being lost to the frost? If so then that can't be said to be climate change.

Calgary, Alberta experiences similar weather events during the summer.

Is this out of the ordinary for past years in Florida? We've heard of orange crops being lost to the frost? If so then that can't be said to be climate change.

Calgary, Alberta experiences similar weather events during the summer.
I agree, I am using satire, sarcasm, to make a point. I think?

you can get hypothermia at 55 degrees by exposure to wind, rain...then age and health

'Generally, caution should be taken if the heat index is over 77 degrees (Fahrenheit). Above 82 degrees is considered ‘extreme caution’ — heat-related illness is possible with long exposure. Over 85 is dangerous — heat illness is likely and heat stroke is possible. Eighty-nine and above gives a high risk of heat stroke,” Dr. Sterling Ransone, a practicing family physician in Deltaville, Virginia, told Healthline.'

If 72 is normal temperature for a human being, the temperatures that can produce heat exhaustion and heat stroke are a lot closer than the temperatures that will cause hypothermia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How common are heat illnesses?
Statistics about student athletes state that there are around 9,000 cases of heat-related illnesses per year. Most occur during football season. Heat illnesses are the third leading cause of death in high school athletes.

In the U.S. Armed Forces in 2017, there were 2,163 cases.

Emergency departments saw 326,497 cases of heat-related illnesses. Around 12% of those patients were admitted into a hospital and 0.07% of that total died."

The OP made up the “record cold” part, which is nowhere in the article he provided.

I think he was looking for something to match was happening in Texas. So he found a cold lake. Lol.

The OP made up the “record cold” part, which is nowhere in the article he provided.

I think he was looking for something to match was happening in Texas. So he found a cold lake. Lol.
It is not made up, it is a record cold. If you think it is not feel free to disprove it. You most likely know I am right otherwise you would of linked to prove I am wrong.

It is not made up, it is a record cold. If you think it is not feel free to disprove it. You most likely know I am right otherwise you would of linked to prove I am wrong.
He's right. Neither of your links says anything about a record cold temperature.

Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state was -2F in Tallahassee on February 13th, 1899. Record high was 109F in Jefferson County (near Tallahassee) on June 29, 1931

He's right. Neither of your links says anything about a record cold temperature.

Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state was -2F in Tallahassee on February 13th, 1899. Record high was 109F in Jefferson County (near Tallahassee) on June 29, 1931
I am talking about a record cold on a lake, certainly any lake will be much warmer than the surrounding temperatures seeings how that a lake will be releasing a tremendous amount of heat.

So you are citing Tallahassee temperatures? Not East Lake Tohopekaliga??? Land temperature compared to the temperature over a lake? You are citing a temperature 275 miles away, to prove me wrong?

Of all the dishonest low down posts, this is about the laziest, most rotten, you can get, Crick!

The proof is on to prove it by telling me where in the link it says it’s a state record.
No sir, you disagree, and the only way you can disagree is if you actually know, not by guessing. So prove this is not a record low. I am sure you already tried, that is why you are deflecting. I gave the temperature, it is a record low. If you can come up with anything for East Lake Tohopekaliga, go ahead and post it. It really is that simple, copy the name, so your brilliant mind does not have to spell, paste into your google search engine, and you will have your answer in less than a second.

If I never see you reply, it is because this is a record low temperature.

crick, you always link, and you only debate date, copy and paste the lake into that google search engine you love to use to find links to that data you brag about, and prove me wrong.

Crick, the fact that you did not link and include data for East Lake Tohopekaliga, is because you did the search, and could not disprove the record low I posted.

Crick you obviously did a search, to get Tallahassee data, right. That means you did search East Lake Tohopekaliga, and now you are obfuscating the truth. You are deflecting. Dodging?

Thank you crick, I tell you, I feel good after are read right through your comments and come up with the truth about you.

'Generally, caution should be taken if the heat index is over 77 degrees (Fahrenheit). Above 82 degrees is considered ‘extreme caution’ — heat-related illness is possible with long exposure. Over 85 is dangerous — heat illness is likely and heat stroke is possible. Eighty-nine and above gives a high risk of heat stroke,” Dr. Sterling Ransone, a practicing family physician in Deltaville, Virginia, told Healthline.'

If 72 is normal temperature for a human being, the temperatures that can produce heat exhaustion and heat stroke are a lot closer than the temperatures that will cause hypothermia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How common are heat illnesses?
Statistics about student athletes state that there are around 9,000 cases of heat-related illnesses per year. Most occur during football season. Heat illnesses are the third leading cause of death in high school athletes.

In the U.S. Armed Forces in 2017, there were 2,163 cases.

Emergency departments saw 326,497 cases of heat-related illnesses. Around 12% of those patients were admitted into a hospital and 0.07% of that total died."

It was about 94 today in FL. With high humidity. It's not to the hot days yet.

flweather.png

Can we please stop fighting climate change and allow it to get Warmer so these needless deaths stop.

This is DISHONEST Anecdotal Garbage and DOES NOT EVEN Deal with whether there "Florida Warming" (much less "cooling") since ie, "1979," Nor Global Warming (which there is)
In fact, Florida has gotten WARMER since 1970
You DISHONEST little POS!

Tampa-area temperature increased by 3.4 degrees since first Earth Day

Rising temperatures have corresponded with a 30% increase in heat-trapping carbon dioxide since Earth Day 1970, according to Climate Central.

TAMPA, Fla. — It's getting warmer: The Tampa Bay area's average Temperature has INCREASED by 3.4 Degrees since the first Earth Day on April 22, 1970.

Data examined by researchers at Climate Central shows there has been Widespread Warming across the U.S. in the past 52 years. The nonprofit found the U.S. is 2.6 degrees Warmer today than it was in 1970.

And in Florida, the State's average temperature has Climbed 2.5 degrees.

Earth Day emerged amid growing concerns about America's air and water quality. Back then, according to the Earth Day Network, protests helped lead to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and a slate of environmental laws in the years thereafter.

Today, Earth Day provides an opportunity to acknowledge the effects of climate change on the planet and what solutions are necessary. Life will change — and already has in some aspects — given rising sea levels, stronger and more frequent severe weather, and even bigger wildfires.

Since the first Earth Day, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased by about 30 percent, according to Climate Central. Any increase in CO2 — a heat-trapping chemical compound — leads to a rise in temperature.

Many of Florida's warmest years have occurred in the past decade.

"Warming isn't exclusive to Tampa, but almost everywhere in the Tampa Bay region has seen at least a little bit of warming over the last 50 years," 10 Tampa Bay meteorologist Grant Gilmore said. "This year is no different. So far, most locations across the Florida Peninsula are experiencing their Top 10 warmest years on record.
"Tampa itself is having its second warmest year on record so far
."

PS CRICK: THIS is how you Refute someone.
Look up the actual/GIANT LIE he's trying to foist.
I see Elektra got his courage back since I took a few weeks off.
I End debates in One post, you piddle along/humor these amateur denier Liars/attempted deceptions.

`

Last edited:

its hot as fuck in florida and all of the south.....some dim with posted this meaningless shit

This is DISHONEST Anecdotal Garbage and DOES NOT EVEN Deal with whether there "Florida Warming" (much le "cooling") since ie, "1979," Nor Global Warming (which there is)
In fact, Florida has gotten WARMER since 1970
You DISHONEST little POS!

Tampa-area temperature increased by 3.4 degrees since first Earth Day

Rising temperatures have corresponded with a 30% increase in heat-trapping carbon dioxide since Earth Day 1970, according to Climate Central.

TAMPA, Fla. — It's getting warmer: The Tampa Bay area's average Temperature has INCREASED by 3.4 Degrees since the first Earth Day on April 22, 1970.

Data examined by researchers at Climate Central shows there has been Widespread Warming across the U.S. in the past 52 years. The nonprofit found the U.S. is 2.6 degrees Warmer today than it was in 1970.

And in Florida, the State's average temperature has Climbed 2.5 degrees.

Earth Day emerged amid growing concerns about America's air and water quality. Back then, according to the Earth Day Network, protests helped lead to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and a slate of environmental laws in the years thereafter.

Today, Earth Day provides an opportunity to acknowledge the effects of climate change on the planet and what solutions are necessary. Life will change — and already has in some aspects — given rising sea levels, stronger and more frequent severe weather, and even bigger wildfires.

Since the first Earth Day, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased by about 30 percent, according to Climate Central. Any increase in CO2 — a heat-trapping chemical compound — leads to a rise in temperature.

Many of Florida's warmest years have occurred in the past decade.

"Warming isn't exclusive to Tampa, but almost everywhere in the Tampa Bay region has seen at least a little bit of warming over the last 50 years," 10 Tampa Bay meteorologist Grant Gilmore said. "This year is no different. So far, most locations across the Florida Peninsula are experiencing their Top 10 warmest years on record.
"Tampa itself is having its second warmest year on record so far
."

PS CRICK: THIS is how you Refute someone.
Look up the actual LIE he's trying to foist.
I see Elektra got his courage back since I took a few weeks off
I end debates in one post, you piddle along/humor these amatedur denier Liars/attempted deceptions.

`
Is 108 anywhere in that list? Because I distinctly remember it getting up to 108.

As for "global warming"? That's just a wealth redistribution scam, and lemme tell ya, the plan isn't isn't for the wealth to go into your coffers.

You can't trust the internet, this whole thing's a lie:

This is closer to the truth:

It was 108 in Orlando a couple years ago. I think it was July 8th, 2020 or 2021.

I also remember it getting up to 105 in Tampa before.

Last edited:
I see Elektra got his courage back since I took a few weeks off.
I End debates in One post, you piddle along/humor these amateur denier Liars/attempted deceptions.
As if I hide from you ridiculous stupidity, abu afuk, which sounds like a moron stuttering.

You run from posts abu afuk, you hide under rocks, you never answer the questions put to you because you dont know jack shit. But hey, I see you just linked, so that means you do look things up, so when you dont answer my questions, it is obvious, the answer proves you wrong!

How much has been spent building solar panels and wind turbines abu afuk, I ask you for the hundredth time. You proclaim they are so cheap, yet you wont tell us how much they cost.

How much have we spent on solar panels and wind turbines, how much more do we have to spend.

Abu Afuk wont answer.

Is 108 anywhere in that list? Because I distinctly remember it getting up to 108.

As for "global warming"? That's just a wealth redistribution scam, and lemme tell ya, the plan isn't isn't for the wealth to go into your coffers.

You can't trust the internet, this whole thing's a lie:

This is closer to the truth:

It was 108 in Orlando a couple years ago.
I see abu afuk called your post fake news, as if you presented a new story? abu afuk really is a loud mouthed moron, which is saying a lot seeing how we can only read his/her stupidity.

Forum List

Back