Due to record cold, people freezing to death in Florida, I pray for Global Warming.

I can not believe it gets so cold, that people are dying in Florida because of the cold. This first link is from 1999 but I include a second link showing a man freezing to death in 2020!

Can we please stop fighting climate change and allow it to get Warmer so these needless deaths stop.

Cold Weather Hazards

Hypothermia is blamed in man's death on lake

A Winter Park man found dead in a small boat on a Central Florida lake probably died of hypothermia, officials said.
www.tampabay.com
www.tampabay.com

This is DISHONEST Anecdotal Garbage and DOES NOT EVEN Deal with whether there is "Florida Warming" (much less "cooling") since ie, "1979," Nor Global Warming (which there is)
In fact, Florida has gotten WARMER since 1970
You DISHONEST little POS!

Tampa-area temperature increased by 3.4 degrees since first Earth Day​

Rising temperatures have corresponded with a 30% increase in heat-trapping carbon dioxide since Earth Day 1970, according to Climate Central.

TAMPA, Fla. — It's getting warmer: The Tampa Bay area's average Temperature has INCREASED by 3.4 Degrees since the first Earth Day on April 22, 1970.
Data examined by researchers at Climate Central shows there has been Widespread Warming across the U.S. in the past 52 years. The nonprofit found the U.S. is 2.6 degrees Warmer today than it was in 1970.

And in Florida, the State's average temperature has Climbed 2.5 degrees.

Earth Day emerged amid growing concerns about America's air and water quality. Back then, according to the Earth Day Network, protests helped lead to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and a slate of environmental laws in the years thereafter.

Today, Earth Day provides an opportunity to acknowledge the effects of climate change on the planet and what solutions are necessary. Life will change — and already has in some aspects — given rising sea levels, stronger and more frequent severe weather, and even bigger wildfires.

Since the first Earth Day, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased by about 30 percent, according to Climate Central. Any increase in CO2 — a heat-trapping chemical compound — leads to a rise in temperature.

Many of Florida's warmest years have occurred in the past decade.

"Warming isn't exclusive to Tampa, but almost everywhere in the Tampa Bay region has seen at least a little bit of warming over the last 50 years," 10 Tampa Bay meteorologist Grant Gilmore said. "This year is no different. So far, most locations across the Florida Peninsula are experiencing their Top 10 warmest years on record.
"Tampa itself is having its second warmest year on record so far
."

Tampa-area temperature increased by 3.4 degrees since first Earth Day

`

Have a nice page.

Last edited:
Climate Central is what you linked to.
Which makes this claim based on?
The U.S. has warmed by 2.6°F since the first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970.
Climate Central uses this source to make that claim.
State and U.S. temperature data were obtained from NOAA/NCEI’s Climate at a Glance
There is no information on the page linked to indicate if Climate Central has used this site so I must follow the links. On this page is this paragraph that has links within. Notice the sloppiness of the webpage, I can not copy and paste, the formatting on the webpage is sub-standard.
The global component of Climate at a Glance (GCAG) provides global-scale temperature information using data from NOAA's Global Surface Temperature Analysis (NOAAGlobalTemp), which uses comprehensive data collections of increased global coverage over land (Global Historical Climatology Network-Monthly) and ocean (Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature) surfaces. The tool provides near real-time analysis of monthly and annual temperatures for the globe and is intended for the study of climate variability and change.
The links on this page again do not contain any useful temperatures? So I must dig through NOAA using the links on the current page.

Maybe I missed the link, I will go back and see. I follow abu afuk's link;

This link, shows I missed this so I will follow;
Local analyses used 1970-2021 data from the Applied Climate Information System.

Nothing but more links?
hmmm? I must follow more links, and use their tools?

But it does say NOAA, I know NOAA, all information comes from NOAA so that is the logical place to look.
Back to the original abu afuk link

Which leads to NOAA, climate at a glance, I am glancing but I do not see it?

There are 15 different links? Where do I start? This is all bullshit, designed to be to complicated to make sense of what is extracted from it, so I must just go along with lemmings? The sheep herd?

No, I will go the home page and search for, "global warming increase", because that is what we are talking about.

I see the search bar which takes me to the search site

I enter, "global warming increase"

I end up here;
which says;

The 2022 surface temperature was 1.55 °F (0.86 °Celsius) warmer than the 20th-century average of 57.0 °F (13.9 °C) and 1.90 ˚F (1.06 ˚C) warmer than the pre-industrial period (1880-1900).
so, since record keeping began, the temperature is up about 2 degrees. If that is even accurate at all, there is much information that disagrees but who cares for this argument.

The claims made about florida, go back to 1970 for a reason, the authors of the hit piece on climate choose a year that will give them the most exaggerated picture in order to scare the people such as abu afuk, the most.

We can pick a day, carefully, and show global cooling if we like. Just depends on where you start, except you can go back to far, because reading the temperature did not exist when or country was founded or shortly after.

Climate Change comes up with a different increase than the cite they get their data from, that says it all.

Climate Central is what you linked to.
Which makes this claim based on?

Climate Central uses this source to make that claim.

There is no information on the page linked to indicate if Climate Central has used this site so I must follow the links. On this page is this paragraph that has links within. Notice the sloppiness of the webpage, I can not copy and paste, the formatting on the webpage is sub-standard.

The links on this page again do not contain any useful temperatures? So I must dig through NOAA using the links on the current page.

Maybe I missed the link, I will go back and see. I follow abu afuk's link;

This link, shows I missed this so I will follow;

Nothing but more links?
hmmm? I must follow more links, and use their tools?

But it does say NOAA, I know NOAA, all information comes from NOAA so that is the logical place to look.
Back to the original abu afuk link

Which leads to NOAA, climate at a glance, I am glancing but I do not see it?

There are 15 different links? Where do I start? This is all bullshit, designed to be to complicated to make sense of what is extracted from it, so I must just go along with lemmings? The sheep herd?

No, I will go the home page and search for, "global warming increase", because that is what we are talking about.

I see the search bar which takes me to the search site

I enter, "global warming increase"

I end up here;
which says;

so, since record keeping began, the temperature is up about 2 degrees. If that is even accurate at all, there is much information that disagrees but who cares for this argument.

The claims made about florida, go back to 1970 for a reason, the authors of the hit piece on climate choose a year that will give them the most exaggerated picture in order to scare the people such as abu afuk, the most.

We can pick a day, carefully, and show global cooling if we like. Just depends on where you start, except you can go back to far, because reading the temperature did not exist when or country was founded or shortly after.

Climate Change comes up with a different increase than the cite they get their data from, that says it all.
Too summarize your BULLSHlT Multi-Link dump/burial attempt:

IN NO CASES HAS IT GOTTEN COOLER IN THE LAST 100-150 YEARS.
ERGO, IT HAS BEEN GLOBAL WARMING, DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING YOUR DISHONEST (and idiotic/anecdotal) OP MEANT TO IMPLY IT'S GETTING COLDER.

I agree with NOAA 100% AND HAVE POSTED IT HUNDREDS of TIMES.

ie

"North America's yearly temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.13°C (0.23°F) since 1910; however, the average rate of increase is Twice as great (0.27°C / 0.49°F) since 1981. Please see the U.S. national annual report for information on the 2022 climate conditions across the U.S."

Annual 2022 Global Climate Report

(and Hundreds More NOAA articles/graphics showing same)

So the DISHONEST/MISLEADING inference of your OP that you were "praying" for GW is BS!
It Has been going on quite well and accelerating.
No need to "pray" you Dishonest POS.
Freezing to death in Florida (anecdote fallacy) is BS, and meant to Deceive, and that it hasn't.
Warming is already here, there, everywhere, and accelerating.

`

So Your link/quote Barrage didn't work against the simple Truth.
I'm not Crick who needs to indulge all the smoke/every quote to 100% refute/OUT you for the Truth Crook you are.
I understand the issue and know the facts.
`

Last edited:

ERGO, IT HAS BEEN GLOBAL WARMING, DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING YOUR DISHONEST (and idiotic/anecdotal) OP MEANT TO IMPLY IT'S GETTING COLDER.

I agree with NOAA 100% AND HAVE POSTED IT A HUNDREDS of TIMES.

ie

North America's yearly temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.13°C (0.23°F) since 1910; however, the average rate of increase is Twice as great (0.27°C / 0.49°F) since 1981. Please see the U.S. national annual report for information on the 2022 climate conditions across the U.S.Jan 6, 2023 https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monitoring/monthly-report/global/202213#:~:text=North America's yearly temperature has,climate conditions across the U.S.

So the DISHONEST/MISLEADING inference of your OP that you were "praying" for GW is BS!
Freezing to death in Florida is BS, and meant to deceive and that it hasn't..
Warming is already here, there, everywhere and accelerating.
so?

Since then, what have we done, we started a new industry, a new source of pollution, Wind and Solar power.

As we build more solar panels, as we build wind turbines, the temperature doubles the rate it goes up.

I agree with Abu afk, Global Warming is being caused by building large, massive, inefficient, trickle electricity producers.

I understand now, abu, it is like, the government paid every working adult to buy and drive a school bus to work instead of the most efficient cars built today, like the Toyota Prius.

I understand, global warming is caused by building Wind Turbines and Solar panels.

I agree with NOAA 100% AND HAVE POSTED IT HUNDREDS of TIMES.

ie

"North America's yearly temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.13°C (0.23°F) since 1910; however, the average rate of increase is Twice as great (0.27°C / 0.49°F) since 1981. Please see the U.S. national annual report for information on the 2022 climate conditions across the U.S."

Freezing to death in Florida (anecdote fallacy) is BS, and meant to Deceive, and that it hasn't.
Warming is already here, there, everywhere, and accelerating.

`

So Your link/quote Barrage didn't work against the simple Truth.
I'm not Crick who needs to indulge all the smoke/every quote to 100% refute/OUT you for the Truth Crook you are.
I understand the issue and know the facts.
`
The planet is in an interglacial period. The sky isn't falling.

so?

Since then, what have we done, we started a new industry, a new source of pollution, Wind and Solar power.
Wrong. We are converting one technology to another. We are getting rid of the fossil fuel industry and creating the renewable energy industry.
As we build more solar panels, as we build wind turbines, the temperature doubles the rate it goes up.
You seem to agree that CO2 is the causes of global warming. Yet you ignore the actual source of our increasing CO2 and obsess on the absolutely trivial amounts produced manufacturing wind turbines and solar panels.
I agree with Abu afk, Global Warming is being caused by building large, massive, inefficient, trickle electricity producers.
I strongly suspect that Abu Afak has never said any such thing which would make this statement another of your ad hominem lies.
I understand now, abu, it is like, the government paid every working adult to buy and drive a school bus to work instead of the most efficient cars built today, like the Toyota Prius.
What, is like that?
I understand, global warming is caused by building Wind Turbines and Solar panels.
That seems to be what you believe but it has nothing to do with reality.

Well there ain't no deserts in the East.
I'm no meteorologist, but I'm thinking the jet stream always goes west to east. The Sierras and Rocky mountains cause moist air from the Pacific to dump their water on the west as the air is pushed over them. That leaves very little water for the area that became the western deserts.

Wrong. We are converting one technology to another. We are getting rid of the fossil fuel industry and creating the renewable energy industry.
Wrong. The politicians and the rich are getting much richer by creating demand and increasing the price of everything associated with renewables on the Stock Exchange.

The Renewable Energy Industry is the Fossil Fuel Industry. You can not separate Renewables from the industry that manufactures them.

Explain how the Fossil Fuel Industry is being replaced, when in fact Renewables has increased dependency on fossil fuels.

Wrong. The politicians and the rich are getting much richer by creating demand and increasing the price of everything associated with renewables on the Stock Exchange.
You're ignoring the other side of the coin. Lots of wealthy people were and are invested in fossil fuels. The purpose of this transition is not to make people rich, it is to eliminate CO2 emissions and save the fucking world.
The Renewable Energy Industry is the Fossil Fuel Industry. You can not separate Renewables from the industry that manufactures them.
Renewables are not being manufactured by the fossil fuel industry. The fossil fuel industry is not involved in manufacture. I'm certain that people who had money in oil stocks have long ago began moving it elsewhere, including into renewable industries, but your statement is more of your ignorant nonsense.
Explain how the Fossil Fuel Industry is being replaced, when in fact Renewables has increased dependency on fossil fuels.
Because like virtually every single point you have ever made on this forum, you are simply wrong. Assuming you knew all along that you were wrong, you're lying.

I'm no meteorologist, but I'm thinking the jet stream always goes west to east. The Sierras and Rocky mountains cause moist air from the Pacific to dump their water on the west as the air is pushed over them. That leaves very little water for the area that became the western deserts.
You're a global warming dumbass. I cannot take you seriously.

I would not trust you to build a 2x4 wall for me and stand it up level and plumb correctly at all.

You're too stupid to be able to do that.

You're ignoring the other side of the coin. Lots of wealthy people were and are invested in fossil fuels. The purpose of this transition is not to make people rich, it is to eliminate CO2 emissions and save the fucking world.

Renewables are not being manufactured by the fossil fuel industry. The fossil fuel industry is not involved in manufacture. I'm certain that people who had money in oil stocks have long ago began moving it elsewhere, including into renewable industries, but your statement is more of your ignorant nonsense.

Because like virtually every single point you have ever made on this forum, you are simply wrong. Assuming you knew all along that you were wrong, you're lying.
I'm curious. IF solar, wind, and hydro energy sources use no fossil fuel. How are they built?

The fossil fuel companies are doing just fine. Stronger than ever. They know how to effectively gouge us citizens. Want to drill more I'm fine with that. And every last OUNCE of that oil drilled here STAYS HERE for the us only. NONE of it leaves our shores.

You can not save the world by increasing CO2 emissions building wind and solar projects.

I have shown at least twice now that this statement is a blatant LIE.
You can not save the world by increasing CO2 emissions building wind and solar projects.
No crick, you posted your opinion, than found propaganda that obfuscates the point.

You can not build the world's most massive project without increasing the CO2 in the air. That project being the building of inefficient solar and wind.

Not only are they 1000's of times larger, requiring uncalculatable miles of land, they under perform.

Wind and Solar have not replaced coal. Natural gas has, and new nuclear.

The fossil fuel companies are doing just fine. Stronger than ever. They know how to effectively gouge us citizens. Want to drill more I'm fine with that. And every last OUNCE of that oil drilled here STAYS HERE for the us only. NONE of it leaves our shores.
Please look up the word "fungible".

No crick, you posted your opinion, than found propaganda that obfuscates the point.
Once again you lie.
You can not build the world's most massive project without increasing the CO2 in the air. That project being the building of inefficient solar and wind.
Once again you lie.
Not only are they 1000's of times larger, requiring uncalculatable miles of land, they under perform.
Once again you lie.
Wind and Solar have not replaced coal. Natural gas has, and new nuclear.
And once again you lie.

You're so far from reality on this topic I'd wager you're certifiable.

Once again you lie.
Once again you lie.
Once again you lie.
And once again you lie.
You're so far from reality on this topic I'd wager you're certifiable.
crick, all you do is contradict. The reason is obvious, when confronted with a fact, crick is dumbfounded.

crick, how do you increase heavy industry manufacturing, without increasing CO2 in the air?

Forum List

Back