Florida Judge Rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
A federal judge has ruled that the health care reform bill signed into law by President Barack Obama in March is unconstitutional.

Judge Roger Vinson, a Reagan appointee serving in Pensacola, Florida, ruled that key components of the law are unconstitutional and that the entire law "must be declared void."

MSNBC

We now have two judges who say it's unconstitutional and two judges who say it's not.

I particularly like the "entire law must be declared void" part. :thup:

My understanding is when Congress writes a law they insert a clause saying if one part is found unconstitutional the rest of the law can be separated from the part. Here they neglected to do so. So the entire law must be struck down if one part is unconstitutional.

Didn't the left-nuts tell us all this suing in court was a waste of taxpayer money, that the law would never be found unconstitutional?

I have asked twice before, putting aside sevrability, how we would go forward minus the mandate, don't recall getting answer.

the money shot-

Judge Vinson-

"Because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire Act must be declared void. This has been a difficult decision to reach, and I am aware that it will have indeterminable implications. At a time when there is virtually unanimous agreement that health care reform is needed in this country, it is hard to invalidate and strike down a statute titled "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."

Weigel

Fine, strike down the mandate. One step closer to single payer. Watch what you wish for.

In a meticulous decision a federal judge ruled on a law suit by 28 states that the Health Care law is unconstitutional.

I particularly like the "entire law must be declared void" part. :thup:

you can like it all you want. it's not an accurate statement of law that any responsible jurist would put forth.

And you don't know a responsible jurist from an ashtray that needs cleaning.
The opinion is correct: if the bill had no severability clause then if one part is found unconstitutional then the entire bill must be.
Now get back to cleaning your ashtrays, ijit.

From what I am hearing is that it still will be going to the SC. What was claimed unconstitutional was the insurance mandate. Which in it's own right should kill the whole law but that is yet to be seen.

0bamacare just got smacked...

Perhaps Harry & Nancy should have read it before passing it....

or maybe the rightwingers should know what's in it before opining?

you know, given they keep repeating the same lies over and over.

What lies?

Apparently the authors of the bill didn't think about the Constitutional ramifications of, well, ramming it down our throats....

0bamacare is now officially unconstitutional...:clap2:

Forum List

Back