Florida Governor Race

To get a better sense of the numbers are political independents allowed to vote in Florida primaries?

Here in Arizona we independents are free to pick either a Republican or Democratic Party ballot. On Tuesday I picked Republican but in November, the (R) or (D) designations will have very little bearing on my selections.

No, FL primaries are closed. I do not like that system.

If you think "Independents" are going to vote for a Communist...

iu
I'm an Independent. Not all of them are conservatives, ya know.

I know you ain't voting in no FL election for a commie! :funnyface:

You better worry about Kennebunkport er summin.

;)

iu
Excuse me. I didn't know you were referring only to Florida Independents. I'm sure they're different from Independents elsewhere in the nation.

To get a better sense of the numbers are political independents allowed to vote in Florida primaries?

Here in Arizona we independents are free to pick either a Republican or Democratic Party ballot. On Tuesday I picked Republican but in November, the (R) or (D) designations will have very little bearing on my selections.

iu

Closed primaries are the only way that should be allowed. If you can vote for either party, why have political parties? Just let anybody who want to run and you'll have a never-ending series of runoffs!

Well I'm an Independent and I'll be voting for DeSantis.

You probably should change that, too late now. (For this election)

Yeah, being independent has to suck for FL primaries. You could vote for what, 4 people?

Nope the only thing we can vote for is bullshit in the primaries.

I was a registered Rep but left the party decades ago.

I like being an Independent. I'm the person both sides are always trying to sway to their side.

The last Dem I voted for as POTUS was Carter. The worst vote I ever cast.

You didn't vote for Graham after that? He was a good governor.

The last good Democrat in FL, AFAIK.

Jimmy Carter, oh, God bless him. I admire the guy and he's a good man.

He did do some good things as president (the best he knew how)

He also had some..not good policies.

You need to seek medical attention. I fear you have suffered a stroke!

Great man! Worst President ever before Obama.

Yeah, being independent has to suck for FL primaries. You could vote for what, 4 people?

I like being an Independent. I'm the person both sides are always trying to sway to their side.

Wrong! He tried to stop Congress from voting themselves the keys to the country, he vetoed the bill they passed, then they overrode him. One of the biggest blows against representation of the people in government. Carter stood up for what he knew was right and lost. It's really sad.

Congress really, really wanted to be rich and corrupt.

I found out about this while researching why medical prices are so high.

Wrong! He tried to stop Congress from voting themselves the keys to the country, he vetoed the bill they passed, then they overrode him.

I have no idea what you are talking about, and I suspect neither do you. He was an incompetent boob as a president. Great humanitarian though!

Wrong! He tried to stop Congress from voting themselves the keys to the country, he vetoed the bill they passed, then they overrode him.

I have no idea what you are talking about, and I suspect neither do you. He was an incompetent boob as a president. Great humanitarian though!

Oh but I do, teacher man. His foreign policy sucked. Yes, he was the worst before Obama. I still like the guy as a human being.

Oh but I do, teacher man. His foreign policy sucked. Yes, he was the worst before Obama. I still like the guy as a human being.

I notice you still have not explained your comment, thus I doubt you don't want it shown that you are clueless.

How so? Why would you vote for any democrat? They want more taxes more illegals more regulations and more crime, etc, etc.

My preference is to vote for whoever I believe is better fit for the job. For example, the Secretary of State is responsible for handling elections. So when it comes time to make my pick, if one candidate is an experienced CPA, that would far more entice my vote as opposed to another guy citing his membership in the NRA.
Thanks but never vote for a democrat. You will vote for the end of this country.

im not communist enough to live in fl so i aint worried about it :dunno:
So what state do you live in? Sounds like the state of denial.
Denying what? o_O
If you want to get into a flame fest, try to be more clever. Cause you wont win posting shit like that :113:
You wrote you are not "communist" enough to live in Florida. It raises the question, What state do you live in that is "communist" enough for your liking?

Thus my little comment.

Last edited:
im not communist enough to live in fl so i aint worried about it :dunno:
So what state do you live in? Sounds like the state of denial.
Denying what? o_O
If you want to get into a flame fest, try to be more clever. Cause you wont win posting shit like that :113:
You wrote you are not "communist" enough to live in Florida. I don't even know what that means. What state do you live in that is "communist" enough for your liking?

Thus my little comment.
:lol:

I notice you still have not explained your comment, thus I doubt you don't want it shown that you are clueless.

Oh yeah, lemme get right on that House Resolution stuff instead of another beer. :rolleyes:

It's not on Wiki. It was the first half of Congress fucking the citizens. The 2nd half came during Reagan's 2nd Congress.

I've done research into why medical prices are so much higher than before. ;)

Our system results in the more independent thinkers (which I prefer) as we've seen with McCain and Flake. Now in presidential primaries, only party members vote in those and they foot the bill for the costs.

Getting back to Florida, thanks for the answer about independents. I'm just a numbers person and that helped me understand what was behind those being presented. Given independents couldn't vote, a 200,000 deficit isn't insurmountable. But then that's only going by the numbers without giving any consideration to political positions.

Florida will likely go red all the way around

Probably the most important state this year, and it looks like team red will have the advantage when districts are drawn after the 2020 census

Our system results in the more independent thinkers (which I prefer) as we've seen with McCain and Flake. Now in presidential primaries, only party members vote in those and they foot the bill for the costs.

Getting back to Florida, thanks for the answer about independents. I'm just a numbers person and that helped me understand what was behind those being presented. Given independents couldn't vote, a 200,000 deficit isn't insurmountable. But then that's only going by the numbers without giving any consideration to political positions.

This isn't rocket surgery.

Who will Independent Americans vote for?

A Republican, or a corrupt Communist anti-American in America?

Last I knew, "Independent" was an American political party.

At one time, "Democrat" was too, but that is no longer the case.

why would you ever vote democrat? what is it they offer you?

LOL I took a chance on Carter. Worst mistake I ever made.

I never want a nice guy in the white house, all they do is nothing. And look good doing it.

Bullet taxes! :2up:

Forum List

Back