Flexible and cheap

Thanks for that! I really did expect that even the arctic would be viable for solar due to the 24 hour days. My experience with solar is that it's efficient enough to keep on generated on cloudy days or right up until sunset. Where I am on Vancouver Island the cost of heating is quite low compard to Canada's interior.
And ironically, much warmer that a lot of the US too.. If we see -5C during the winter it's unusual.

Where are you located Old Rocks?
Portland, Oregon. I have been to Vancouver, BC, and I remember it as a pretty city. Been north as far as Yellowknife in Canada in '75. Haven't traveled in Canada for a couple of decades. Hope to make up for that in the coming decade as I am now retired.

But they ARE just that.. AOCortez, Bernie Sanders are the new primadonnas in Congress talking about "the Green New Deal".. They are DESIGNING AMERICA'S FUTURE ENERY SYSTEMS... It's a shame to ANYONE who's worked in Science/Engineering all their lives and should be OBVIOUS that what THEY KNOW about "alternatives" and "green energy" could fit on the back of a postage stamp.

I have NOT been proven wrong because after 60 years of having solar panels available -- the total INSTALLED BASE of solar in B.C. is NOT ENOUGH TO POWER A FUCKING CARNIVAL... What's wrong with you people? Go BEAT ON YOUR city, state, national govt to FIX THAT and leave us to dealing with our morons in govt.

Maybe politicians are smarter in B.C. and that's why they dont MANDATE or subsidize solar in a place where it makes no economic sense..
As usual, you are just making up shit and flapping yap about things of which you know nothing. While there are no huge solar farms in BC, there are smaller community installations in the single MW range done or being built, in spite of opposition from existing utilities.

https://www.toolkit.bc.ca/Success-Story/Kimberley’s-former-mine-site-becomes-home-largest-solar-project-BC

Portland, Oregon. I have been to Vancouver, BC, and I remember it as a pretty city. Been north as far as Yellowknife in Canada in '75. Haven't traveled in Canada for a couple of decades. Hope to make up for that in the coming decade as I am now retired.
Oregon! The most beautiful state of them all!

People live by the ocean and the inland dustbowls are reserved for coyotes and ground hogs. We'll give you Alberta in trade for Oregon?

I haven't been to your state for over 20 years but the last ime I was there was to do a canoe race on one of the rivers. (can't remember which one now?)

And in 93 we anchored our sailboat in a little cove at Port Orford for the night. (in the dark and in the fog)

Oregon! The most beautiful state of them all!

People live by the ocean and the inland dustbowls are reserved for coyotes and ground hogs. We'll give you Alberta in trade for Oregon?

I haven't been to your state for over 20 years but the last ime I was there was to do a canoe race on one of the rivers. (can't remember which one now?)

And in 93 we anchored our sailboat in a little cove at Port Orford for the night. (in the dark and in the fog)
Quite a compliment from someone from BC. I traveled the length of the Bulkley Valley, BC and was enthralled with it beauty. While there are vast areas of high desert in Eastern Oregon, there are some mountain areas that are simply gorgeous. The Wallowa Valley is one of those. I have traveled extensively in Eastern Oregon, as I have a strong interest in Geology, and it is a very varied area. And the Willamette Valley has to be one of the most livable areas in the world.

Quite a compliment from someone from BC. I traveled the length of the Bulkley Valley, BC and was enthralled with it beauty. While there are vast areas of high desert in Eastern Oregon, there are some mountain areas that are simply gorgeous. The Wallowa Valley is one of those. I have traveled extensively in Eastern Oregon, as I have a strong interest in Geology, and it is a very varied area. And the Willamette Valley has to be one of the most livable areas in the world.
Yes, the Willamette river, I'm reminded from your mention of the valley, where we raced marathon canoes. I've not seen the valley or much of the interior of Oregon but I'm sure it's as impressive as the coast.
Can you tell that I love the ocean wherever I travel?
Cannon Beach! One of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world!

Forum List

Back