Flake & Corker - Rejected RINOs Bite the Dust

Discussion in 'Congress' started by protectionist, Oct 25, 2017.

1. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    FALSE. FALSE. FALSE. :biggrin:

No, Trump has NOT done the same as everyone else. Other foreign visa employers bring in people for the purpose of boosting their profits, by paying low wages. With Trump it is a Florida seasonal problem. Two different things entirely (as I already explained)

Trump needed foreign workers because Americans just don't want seasonal jobs. HERE's some proof (this was posted here over a year ago, but you're a know nothing rookie, so you have to have everything explained to you that everyone else knows)

The New York Times article >>

"For anyone not hired, the employer must tell the Labor Department why. Among the reasons Mar-a-Lago gave: that the applicants could not be reached or were not qualified, as Mr. Trump suggested in his recent interview, and that they did not want the jobs.

That was the case for Austin L. Cohen of Delray Beach, who received a call from Mar-a-Lago and a tour of the 20-acre resort after sending in his résumé for a wait staff position that paid $10.60 an hour for at least 30 hours a week.

Mr. Cohen said that he ultimately chose to keep looking for a permanent job, and that he wanted benefits; the job listing did not mention any. “It was more like a temporary position,” Mr. Cohen said. “You work six months and then you’re out of work again. It was my decision not to take the job.”

Some applicants said they decided against working at Mar-a-Lago because, like some other private clubs, it discourages gratuities; its job listings say “no tips.” Local labor analysts say that private clubs often lose job candidates to restaurants where tipping is permitted."

And no, one cannot always find qualified workers (especially for seasonal work) You want to hire these guys ? >>>

upload_2017-11-1_14-4-57.jpeg [​IMG]

As for your >> "everybody is showing the same thing. Trump has low poll numbers, DACA is popular and voters support a path to citizenship for illegals." Nope. Correction > "Everybody" in the fake news, liberal media, is showing the same thing. We just laugh at that. Go to the polls and elect Donald Trump.

2. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    I'll assume you know the rest of the world does not have the MARKET that the USA has. They need us (our consumers$$$) more than we need them. Trade war ? LOL. As Pat Buchanan said. "We'd eat their lunch." No doubt about it.

3. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    You think I don't understand this ? HA HA. Of course they can't sell if the price of making something, is above what they can sell it for. And that is just what I've said. This is why they can't (and won't) raise the price. They can only price it up to the point where it starts reducing sales, and causing losses. My 18 year old college freshman students all got this, with no trouble. And you ? :biggrin:

4. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    :lame2: excuse. Back to the drawing board for you. :laugh:

5. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
  6. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856
    You'll forgive me if I don't just take your word for it. I backed up my position but I don't recall that you have, you just keep repeating the same mantra. Either you don't understand the issue or you are simply wrong. Which is it?

7. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    MY word ? How about the words of Microeconomics teachers all over the world since 3000 B.C ? The bell shaped curve of prices vs income isn't my word. It is unrefutable ,standard business economics.

You gave me nothing. As your back up, all you presented were a few guys in think thanks, partisan to outsourcing. I gave you pure Microeconomics law. You don't understand it. ?

Wow. Look, take this graph.

[​IMG]

On the X axis put prices (going up from left to right)
    On the Y axis, put business income (going from the origin, and rising going upward)

At thre top is the market price (what you sell at) Note that as price goes up to the right of the market price (top of the curve), income/profit start dropping. So you CAN'T raise price above your market price (not for tariffs or anything else) Got it ?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  8. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856
    I think we'll have to just have to agree to think each other is an ignorant fool.

9. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    You don't have too. You could consult with the hundreds of my ex teenage students who LEARNED what you strangely don't seem to be able to catch on to. Why ? Not my problem.