Current status of the U.S. Senate......

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Trump cult members are in a bit of a jam.

There are FIVE republican senators who have awakened to the real fact that Trump is.......as his own Sec. of State, aptly labeled him, a "fucking moron."

Without such republican senators as McCain, Collins, Corker, Heller, Murkowski and ....as of today....Flake...... the current count of "yea votes" for whatever Trump was hoping for to legislate, is down to 46 (maybe).

Now, it does not mean that the above 6 are now "liberal democrats,"but what it does mean (as predicted) smarter republicans realize that the "Trump Cult Party" has no room for smart, objective and patriotic republicans.

Partially "thanks" to that fat idiot, Steve Bannon, decent republicans are bailing out from the mindless loyalty oath to a moron-in-chief.

There are FIVE republican senators who have awakened to the real fact that Trump is.......as his own Sec. of State, aptly labeled him, a "fucking moron."

Without such republican senators as McCain, Collins, Corker, Heller, Murkowski and ....as of today....Flake...... the current count of "yea votes" for whatever Trump was hoping for to legislate, is down to 46 (maybe).

Now, it does not mean that the above 6 are now "liberal democrats,"but what it does mean (as predicted) smarter republicans realize that the "Trump Cult Party" has no room for smart, objective and patriotic republicans.

Partially "thanks" to that fat idiot, Steve Bannon, decent republicans are bailing out from the mindless loyalty oath to a moron-in-chief.

You can thank Bannon for Trump. Apparently he is not an idiot, or that makes progressives the whale shit of intelligence. He is considerably smarter than Democrats, but we know that already.

Unfortunately, far too many Republicans are cowards who adhere blindly to the 11th Commandment, and continue to place party before country – a party that is consistently wrong on the issues.

• Banned
Unfortunately, far too many Republicans are cowards who adhere blindly to the 11th Commandment, and continue to place party before country – a party that is consistently wrong on the issues.

Fortunately, my friend, SOME smarter republicans are waking up. Hope the trend continues.

Truly, I don't think objectivity, patriotism and/or intellect are the "boxes" one must tick to be a "card carrying" member of the "Trump Cult Party." All one need be to belong there is bereft of integrity.

He is considerably smarter than Democrats, but we know that already.

Sure, as soon as bannon finally takes a shower......LOL

No. You are mistaking conformity to the establishment as cowardice, they are doing what they are told. They are scared shitless.

Truly, I don't think objectivity, patriotism and/or intellect are the "boxes" one must tick to be a "card carrying" member of the "Trump Cult Party." All one need be to belong there is bereft of integrity.
You can talk about integrity when the only other choice was Clinton. What do you smoke, it must be real good?

You can talk about integrity when the only other choice was Clinton. What do you smoke, it must be real good?

Well, that's where you're mistaken. I can talk about integrity because it, and copious shares of it, is the thing I find most important for a public official to be imbued with. Accordingly, I don't have to think about the person's politics when they lack integrity of the most basic sort, which, quite frankly, alone is not enough integrity.

What are some manifestations of the most basic sort of integrity? Well, truthfully declaring one's own name. Admitting that one did indeed say what one did in fact say. Refraining from attesting to have done things that one has not done.

The fact of the matter is that nothing another individual does or doesn't do/say, think or doesn't' think, believes or doesn't believe, etc. has any bearing on the nature and extent of one's own integrity and manifestation thereof. Thus, nothing having to do with with Mrs. Clinton -- not her politics, not her gender, not what she says, etc., none of it -- has any bearing on whether Donald Trump is a man of high integrity and whether he acts accordingly.

When you and others stop trying to evaluate people through the comparative lens of tu quoque reasoning, you'll perhaps instead develop a clear and soundly develop set of principles pertaining to the single most important thing a person has -- the quality of their character -- cleave unwaveringly to them, and in turn measure people, on their own merits (words and deeds) against those principles, not against one another.

You and everyone else had, besides Trump, at least two other individuals for whom you could vote in the 2016 presidential election. Voting for any of those individuals may not have produced a Republican POTUS, but it would have ensured that the most unrepentantly turpitudinous candidate did not ascend to the presidency. From where I sit, the character of the individual who holds the office of the POTUS, is more important than any political affiliation they espouse or reject, more important than any policy they advance or oppose.

You see, until the 2016 election, in past 70 years, we haven't been presented with a candidate whom, while he was running for president, it was patently clear they are bereft of damn near every aspect of good character, to say nothing of utterly devoid of integrity. The 2016 election was singular in that regard and the American people, or at least enough of them, "blew it" as goes choosing to follow so-called "higher angels." As one conservative economist noted, "Character is the key....Little of value is possible without it."

(Above is the "Cliff Notes" exposition of how important character is. The full version is in the video below.)

For all the discrete ills of the Roman Empire, the underlying cause of all of them, thus Western Rome's fall, was Roman society's and its leaders in particular, lack of character.

Well, that's where you're mistaken. I can talk about integrity because it, and copious shares of it, is the thing I find most important for a public official to be imbued with. Accordingly, I don't have to think about the person's politics when they lack integrity of the most basic sort, which, quite frankly, alone is not enough integrity.

What are some manifestations of the most basic sort of integrity? Well, truthfully declaring one's own name. Admitting that one did indeed say what one did in fact say. Refraining from attesting to have done things that one has not done.

The fact of the matter is that nothing another individual does or doesn't do/say, think or doesn't' think, believes or doesn't believe, etc. has any bearing on the nature and extent of one's own integrity and manifestation thereof. Thus, nothing having to do with with Mrs. Clinton -- not her politics, not her gender, not what she says, etc., none of it -- has any bearing on whether Donald Trump is a man of high integrity and whether he acts accordingly.

When you and others stop trying to evaluate people through the comparative lens of tu quoque reasoning, you'll perhaps instead develop a clear and soundly develop set of principles pertaining to the single most important thing a person has -- the quality of their character -- cleave unwaveringly to them, and in turn measure people, on their own merits (words and deeds) against those principles, not against one another.

You and everyone else had, besides Trump, at least two other individuals for whom you could vote in the 2016 presidential election. Voting for any of those individuals may not have produced a Republican POTUS, but it would have ensured that the most unrepentantly turpitudinous candidate did not ascend to the presidency. From where I sit, the character of the individual who holds the office of the POTUS, is more important than any political affiliation they espouse or reject, more important than any policy they advance or oppose.

You see, until the 2016 election, in past 70 years, we haven't been presented with a candidate whom, while he was running for president, it was patently clear they are bereft of damn near every aspect of good character, to say nothing of utterly devoid of integrity. The 2016 election was singular in that regard and the American people, or at least enough of them, "blew it" as goes choosing to follow so-called "higher angels." As one conservative economist noted, "Character is the key....Little of value is possible without it."

(Above is the "Cliff Notes" exposition of how important character is. The full version is in the video below.)

For all the discrete ills of the Roman Empire, the underlying cause of all of them, thus Western Rome's fall, was Roman society's and its leaders in particular, lack of character.

I suppose you practice what you preach? Please tell us another one.

I suppose you practice what you preach?

By what contrivance did you feel the need to make the conversation about me? ....Whatever, I don't even want the answer to that question because how your mind works isn't important to me. I simply find it odd that you chose that deflective discursive tactic.

It is safe to say that I do practice what I preach. It's safe also to say that I occasionally have lapses, but unlike Trump, it is the lapses that are occasional, not the fact of my exhibiting integrity at the most basic level and in general. I expect no different from any other adult because, quite frankly, even children more regularly than Trump do exhibit the most basic levels of integrity.

And not that I expressly need to defend myself to you or anyone here -- I don't know you; you have no impact on my life; thus whether you concur that I practice what I preach isn't germane to me -- but rather to illustrate just a simple example one of the most basic forms of integrity, that of unequivocally "owning" one's mistakes, most especially when they pertain to points of objective fact, and moving on, I point to the following:
Those are just few examples of that particular form of integrity to which I routinely cleave and that anyone can see that I do. There are others and myriad quantities of my USMB posts show as much. One may find instances in which I lapsed, but one will not find more instances of my having do so than will one find of my not having done so, and that is a key difference between Trump and me. You see, I understand that everyone makes honest mistakes, but not everyone is so small a man/woman, not everyone's character is so turpitudinous, and not everyone's sense of self is so fragile that they, as Trump consistently does, deign attempt defending themselves for having done so.

Even George W. Bush acknowledged and apologized for what was likely the single biggest mistake of his presidency. In doing so, he remarked, among other things, that he "hoped to be remembered as a 'guy that came, didn't sell his soul for politics, had to make some tough decisions, and did so in a principled way.'" That really is all one of good character can ask for, and it's all people can expect of others. In no way can one say credibly that Trump does anything in a principled way, unless, of course, the principle be that of "at all costs, attempt, however preposterously, to make Trump seem to be a deity."

Last edited:

By what contrivance did you feel the need to make the conversation about me? ....Whatever, I don't even want the answer to that question because how your mind works isn't important to me. I simply find it odd that you chose that deflective discursive tactic.

It is safe to say that I do practice what I preach. It's safe also to say that I occasionally have lapses, but unlike Trump, it is the lapses that are occasional, not the fact of my exhibiting integrity at the most basic level and in general. I expect no different from any other adult because, quite frankly, even children more regularly than Trump do exhibit the most basic levels of integrity.

And not that I expressly need to defend myself to you or anyone here -- I don't know you; you have no impact on my life; thus whether you concur that I practice what I preach isn't germane to me -- but rather to illustrate just a simple example one of the most basic forms of integrity, that of unequivocally "owning" one's mistakes, most especially when they pertain to points of objective fact, and moving on, I point to the following:
Those are just few examples of that particular form of integrity to which I routinely cleave and that anyone can see that I do. There are others and myriad quantities of my USMB posts show as much. One may find instances in which I lapsed, but one will not find more instances of my having do so than will one find of my not having done so, and that is a key difference between Trump and me. You see, I understand that everyone makes honest mistakes, but not everyone is so small a man/woman, not everyone's character is so turpitudinous, and not everyone's sense of self is so fragile that they, as Trump consistently does, deign attempt defending themselves for having done so.

Even George W. Bush acknowledged and apologized for what was likely the single biggest mistake of his presidency. In doing so, he remarked, among other things, that he "hoped to be remembered as a 'guy that came, didn't sell his soul for politics, had to make some tough decisions, and did so in a principled way.'" That really is all one of good character can ask for, and it's all people can expect of others. In no way can one say credibly that Trump does anything in a principled way, unless, of course, the principle be that of "at all costs, attempt, however preposterously, to make Trump seem to be a deity."

You seem to be quite full of yourself, along with something else. Trump has all the character he needs. Remember he is trying to do what he was elected to do. As far as I am concerned the incumbents in both parties lack what you have so much of(according to you).

You seem to be quite full of yourself, along with something else. Trump has all the character he needs. Remember he is trying to do what he was elected to do. As far as I am concerned the incumbents in both parties lack what you have so much of(according to you).

what you have so much of(according to you).

I make no explicit claim about how much integrity I have. I claim to have more of it than does Trump. The half-dozen examples I shared wherein I owned my mistakes are more manifestation of integrity than there is on record of exhibiting in the entirety of his public life.

I make no explicit claim about how much integrity I have. I claim to have more of it than does Trump. The half-dozen examples I shared wherein I owned my mistakes are more manifestation of integrity than there is on record of exhibiting in the entirety of his public life.

Consequences from your actions are something that can be avoided, just not for long. Come back down here with the imperfect, you will be more comfortable.

Consequences from your actions are something that can be avoided, just not for long. Come back down here with the imperfect, you will be more comfortable.

I am quite comfortable where I am, thank you.

Trump is also quite comfortable too.

The Republican Platform is much, much bigger, and much more important, than Donald Trump.

Remember a few years ago,, the all the press could say about the Republicans in Congress was that they were "The Party of 'No'"? Well, the Democrats are voting on every issue in lockstep opposition to the President and the Republicans, and the MSM is strangely silent on their uniform, mindless opposition, despite the fact that Trump and the Republicans WON(!).

If the Democrats continue to vote in lockstep against Trump on immigration, taxes, national security, The Wall, and so on, it will be playing right into the hands of the Republicans. The few Republican Jag-Offs mentioned above will remain in line for many important things, like voting to confirm Conservative Judges and Justices, and that might be enough to make everything worthwhile.

Trump is also quite comfortable too.

Is he? He seems a more bit defensive -- about all manners of things that, really people of good/high character would never be defensive about -- to me, and being on the defensive doesn't jibe with my notions of "being comfortable." Comfortable in one's own skin is the first level of comfort, and lots of folks have that, yet Trump apparently does not given his defensiveness about all things great and small.

I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all.
-- Coco Chanel​

Forum List

Back