Flake & Corker - Rejected RINOs Bite the Dust

Comedy in the US Senate. Two of President Trump's fiercest critics, Jeff Flake (AZ) and Bob Corker (TN),have been saying they've had it with Pesident Trump. They loudly condemn his immigration policy (of enforcing the law), and relentlessly lambast his personality (New York brash-direct-honesty). They say they can't work with the president, and are laughably using that as a red-herring "reason" for their retirement.

Trump repsonded to these Senators by saying the real reason they're quitting, is because they have no chance for re-election. It's a no-brainer. These 2 clowns have approval rating %s in the teens. Rather than be fired by the voters in their states, these RINOs (who support Obama/Hillary policies of illegal immigration and globalism), are quitting.

Flake recently wrote a book called Conscience of a Conservative. In it, and speaking to reporters, he referred to Globalism (AKA free trade) and pro-immigration as "conservative policies", Huh ?,while fully rejecting the protectionism that put Trump in the White House.

Wow! Is Flake really that flakey that he doesn't know these are prime policies (immigration & globalism) of the looney left, Obama and Hillary Clinton in particular ? No wonder these oddballs have been rejected by their states' voters.

Trump got elected by tapping into the massive anti-immigration and anti-globalist sentiments of Republicans nationwide. Corker and Flake have opposed this nationalism, very popular among Repubicans, and they're now paying the price for that. We could feel sorry for these 2 sore losers as they exit, if only they did it in a dignified way, but they don't, as they pretend there's something wrong with Trump an his policies, when actually it is THEIR rejected policies that sunk them.

That was a good piece of bad fiction. There was no evidence that Corker was in any trouble.

There is no such thing as globalism. It is a invention if far right looney tunes who want to scare people. Free trade is good for America. Mark Levin went over it on his show earlier this week. In nearly every state, a significant portion of a state's GDP comes from trade. Flake is also more in tune with voters than you are on immigration. The last Fox poll showed that 80% of voters support DACA and a path to citizenship for illegals. This shows

Trump got elected because he was not Clinton. Your nationalism is a metaphor for hate. The same type of hate that Hitler used in his rise to power. In Hitler's case it was Jews. In this case it is anyone other than white males. Their policies have not been rejected by Democrats and independents. If Republicans think they can win by appealing to 30% of voters then you are in for a big shock.
‘’Path to citizenship’’ = amnesty
The only thing worse than nationalism is globalism.
There would be no trump if there was no obama, people don’t like being forced to eat a shit sandwich

Truth be told though, how many of us had this opinion before the election? I was a neophyte to politics, especially U.S politics and i never knew the terms Establishment, RINO etc. So, I actually preferred Rand Paul or Rubio in the primaries and I didn't think Jeb was a bad choice. I still am a big supporter of Rand Paul, even though I disagree with him on alot of his foreign policy ideas.

At first I questioned Trumps motives, was he a Democrat plant? With all the support CNN was giving him I thought this was not good for the GOP. It took some time for him to grow on me and I had to read between his controversial and strong comments to see, "this guy is being attacked by everyone, why is that?". Clearly he was onto something, he had his finger on the pulse.

There was a guy on another Conservative forum who bravely told us all to watch out as Trump would win. Some mocked him, again I listened and tried to understand what this guy was seeing, he said the country is pissed, from PC culture to job losses and Illegal immigration and only Trump had the courage to take it on. He was like that one pollster who predicted that Trump would win and everyone laughed at him, now he looks like a genius. I made sure to give that brave man maximum credit. He was right early on. One hell of a call (if only I had listened to him, early on, some online betting sites were offering 100-1 for Trump to win the election!).

Anyways, RINOs have a massive uphill climb, on both sides of the aisle. Due to this, the ability for the Democrats to win is very low, they simply love their groupthink and refuse to embrace new ideas and anything that minimized government and expands individual liberty. You would think they would have learned after one massive upset loss and after seeing Trump mop the floor with 16 GOP candidates...

Trump showed he is the ultimate con man. The fact is that the economy is changing. Carrier is the textbook case. They agreed to keep some of their operations in the US however those jobs are now going due to automation. A majority believe in a pathway to citizenship. We now see the Republicans establishing a PC culture of their own. Trump has no courage. He takes advantage of situations and uses it for his benefit.

The fact is that Democrats could do well. They are recruiting atypical House candidates such as veterans and prosecutors. In the Arizona Senate race, they have a middle of the road Democrat. Trump does not believe in individual liberty. He has never used the word freedom.

Trump did not mop the floor with 16 Republican candidates. He won largely because he had the largest portion of a split electorate. Also early voting helped Trump. Before early voting, voters would cast their vote for the remaining candidates if their favored candidate dropped out. However with early voting, those votes became wasted votes. In SC, Trump won with 32% of the vote. That is hardly overwhelming.
Fuck a “path to citizenship” illegal is illegal, make the fuckers go to the back of the line and wait 10-12 years to prove themselves as responsible law breakers...

Comedy in the US Senate. Two of President Trump's fiercest critics, Jeff Flake (AZ) and Bob Corker (TN),have been saying they've had it with Pesident Trump. They loudly condemn his immigration policy (of enforcing the law), and relentlessly lambast his personality (New York brash-direct-honesty). They say they can't work with the president, and are laughably using that as a red-herring "reason" for their retirement.

Trump repsonded to these Senators by saying the real reason they're quitting, is because they have no chance for re-election. It's a no-brainer. These 2 clowns have approval rating %s in the teens. Rather than be fired by the voters in their states, these RINOs (who support Obama/Hillary policies of illegal immigration and globalism), are quitting.

Flake recently wrote a book called Conscience of a Conservative. In it, and speaking to reporters, he referred to Globalism (AKA free trade) and pro-immigration as "conservative policies", Huh ?,while fully rejecting the protectionism that put Trump in the White House.

Wow! Is Flake really that flakey that he doesn't know these are prime policies (immigration & globalism) of the looney left, Obama and Hillary Clinton in particular ? No wonder these oddballs have been rejected by their states' voters.

Trump got elected by tapping into the massive anti-immigration and anti-globalist sentiments of Republicans nationwide. Corker and Flake have opposed this nationalism, very popular among Repubicans, and they're now paying the price for that. We could feel sorry for these 2 sore losers as they exit, if only they did it in a dignified way, but they don't, as they pretend there's something wrong with Trump an his policies, when actually it is THEIR rejected policies that sunk them.
All these 'RINO's were chosen in their GOP primaries, they didn't sneak into office when no one was looking. Flake's lifetime ACU rating is 93.07 while Corkers was 80.28 (Bernie's was 6.96). These guys were hardly liberal Dems but the GOP continues to eat its' own. Last man standing please turn off the lights.

Being conservative not a requirement to be part of the GOP, in fact, it is frowned upon. Dumbass

Those are traditional GOP goals that have been upended by Trump and Bannon. Maybe it is you and they who are the RINOs?
Nonsense! In 1954, then Republican Eisenhower enacted Operation Wetback. The mass deportation of millions of Mexican illegal aliens. I was in the 4th grade just starting to study current events in school. I did a report on OW. Republicans all over the country hailed it as a major achievement, and praised IKE highly. It was one of his main campaign talking points when he ran for re-election in 1956 (and won by a landslide).

Eisenhower's INS agents (= to ICE now) went house to house in southwestern states hunting down illegal aliens, arresting them and deporting them quickly. They were sent back to Mexico by plane, train, and ships. Ships took aliens to the south of Mexico (Vera Cruz) and when Mexican officials refused to port them, Eisenhower ordered them to be dumped in the shallow water. Women & children got to shore in small boats. Men were dumped in the water, and they waded their way in.

Mexican politicians furiously condemned the operation. Eisenhower paid no attention to them at all, and Republicans cheered wildly. Since then, for most of my life I was a liberal (until 2009), and stopping illegal immigration and affirmative action were the 2 issues I agreed with conservatives on.

Today's RINOs are more defined by their acceptance of illegal immigration (and legal) and globalism, than anything else. >> both pure, fundamental policies of Barrack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Democrats in general.
You appear to have selective memory loss. I seem to recall that notorious Ronald RINO Reagan taking a different approach:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson–Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1]
  • legalized certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants, and;
  • legalized select illegal immigrants in the United States before January 1, 1982
You may also have forgotten that Bush’s action in 1990 was designed to ease family disruptions caused by the landmark 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act, which allowed nearly 3 million illegal immigrants to gain legal permanent residency.

Under typical immigrant patterns, families do not all arrive together. Thus some family members qualified for residence but others still faced deportation. President Ronald Reagan at first eased the rules for minor children, and then Bush in early 1990 extended it to cover children and spouses, including authorization to work. However, the new rule did not make them legal residents, and they were required to renew their ”voluntary departure” status annually; they also had no legal basis to return to the United States if they left the country.
Reagan and the bush’s were/are progressive career politicians. Nothing conservative about them.
No two ways about it...

You appear to have selective memory loss. I seem to recall that notorious Ronald RINO Reagan taking a different approach:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson–Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1]
  • legalized certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants, and;
  • legalized select illegal immigrants in the United States before January 1, 1982
You may also have forgotten that Bush’s action in 1990 was designed to ease family disruptions caused by the landmark 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act, which allowed nearly 3 million illegal immigrants to gain legal permanent residency.

Under typical immigrant patterns, families do not all arrive together. Thus some family members qualified for residence but others still faced deportation. President Ronald Reagan at first eased the rules for minor children, and then Bush in early 1990 extended it to cover children and spouses, including authorization to work. However, the new rule did not make them legal residents, and they were required to renew their ”voluntary departure” status annually; they also had no legal basis to return to the United States if they left the country.
No memory loss at all. I remember well.
Thanks for posting almost the identical post that I posted here in USMB about 5 years ago. You have a point you're trying to make ? If so, fill us in. :biggrin:
I don't really care if the GOP tears itself apart or gets captured by extremists but it is a symptom of the divisiveness of our politics today. Nothing gets done in a democracy without compromise and that has become a dirty word in the GOP. If the GOP can't compromise with its various factions then it will never be able to compromise with the Dems. Ideological purity will be the end of the republic.
Being conservative has nothing to do with the GOP.
The GOP needs to die.

So two thoroughly mainstream Republicans (now known as RINOs) can't take it and leave.

Trumpsters rejoice and cheer their departure.

How is the GOP a big tent, again?
They are just two progressives that call themselves conservatives, They should be arrested for perjury.
They can’t help being spineless I guess

The GOP is made up of progressive career politicians, who’s only requirement is to be spineless
They're clearing out the rotten apples now. Trump's doing that. 2018-2019 GOP will look better.

True enough but the reason they're Made in China is because they make them cheaper than we do here. We'd have to pay more for that item if it was made here. We'd be taxing ourselves to subsidize that US worker and our standard of living would decline. Some of us still think capitalism is the bringer of wealth and protectionism is the opposite of capitalism.
FALSE! The firm cannot raise its price above the market price (the current price).. To do so reduces SALES$$ such that profits are reduced. No can do. I taught this for years in my Microeconomics class at CCNY. Now you get the benefit

What do you think the price is ? Or where it comes from ? Somebody's lucky number ?

If an item could have a price increase, without reducing sales/income/profit, the item would have ALREADY been priced at that level. This is the bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income..
If there are tariffs on an import their price will go up. If your cost of production is higher than the import was you may now be competitive at the new price. What the consumer sees are higher prices.

Rino = sane

What you support is nazism and repression of millions of people.

You pretty much lose all credibility when all you can say is "nazi" and "repression".

Who exactly is he repressing, and how exactly? Give me details, or go eat shit.

when are you going to understand that YOU'RE the RINOS..... you aren't the GOP. you aren't anything but temper tantrum throwing trumpian angry white Christian male supremacists.

Shilllian, the commie and alleged barrister is trying to tell people what defines conservatism and how anyone that isn't just right of Mao-Tse- Tung is a white supremacist! We all know why Shillian is for open borders because it gives her more options for non-discriminating bed partners whose tastes are not that lofty....plus she has the whole "I'm a barrister and I can keep ICE at bay with legal maneuvering" working for her.

My question to Shillian is what about those that are not so "hard up" and don't need an underclass of willing "bunk mates" that feel like they have to mount an ugly skank like yourself lest they be deported and lose your support? Have you ever thought about that, Shillian??? You are one of the most disgusting commie shills on this board and you absolutely SUCK at debating or discussing issues. You must be a real "wiz-kid" in front of the black-robed administrators parading around as "judges" during closing arguments. The only way I see you ever winning a case is by blowing just enough jurors to cause a mis-trial.

you trumptards are the RINO's.

If there are tariffs on an import their price will go up. If your cost of production is higher than the import was you may now be competitive at the new price. What the consumer sees are higher prices.
FALSE! The post you quoted (# 58) refuted this before you even posted it. All you're doing is displaying an ignorance of basic Microeconomics, that thousands of 18 year old college students know, and you don't.

Again, you can't raise prices above the market price, or set it wherever you feel like. You jut don't know how a firm sets its prices. You ever hear of the word SALES$$ ?

Maybe you DO think the price comes from your lucky number. Your birthday maybe ?

when are you going to understand that YOU'RE the RINOS..... you aren't the GOP. you aren't anything but temper tantrum throwing trumpian angry white Christian male supremacists.

Shilllian, the commie and alleged barrister is trying to tell people what defines conservatism and how anyone that isn't just right of Mao-Tse- Tung is a white supremacist! We all know why Shillian is for open borders because it gives her more options for non-discriminating bed partners whose tastes are not that lofty....plus she has the whole "I'm a barrister and I can keep ICE at bay with legal maneuvering" working for her.

My question to Shillian is what about those that are not so "hard up" and don't need an underclass of willing "bunk mates" that feel like they have to mount an ugly skank like yourself lest they be deported and lose your support? Have you ever thought about that, Shillian??? You are one of the most disgusting commie shills on this board and you absolutely SUCK at debating or discussing issues. You must be a real "wiz-kid" in front of the black-robed administrators parading around as "judges" during closing arguments. The only way I see you ever winning a case is by blowing just enough jurors to cause a mis-trial.

Seriously, Shillian? Is that the BEST you have got? I would be curious as to what you believe the "opposition party" actually has stood for since the days of the Bushpuppet. We already know what the fabian socialist leftist party is all about.

Seriously, Shillian? Is that the BEST you have got? I would be curious as to what you believe the "opposition party" actually has stood for since the days of the Bushpuppet. We already know what the fabian socialist leftist party is all about.

quiet, scum.

quiet, scum.

C'mon, Shilllian, don't hide those debate skills of yours.........let the whole forum see your reply as to what you believe the opposition party really stands for and how those that support Trump are "RINOs". Step up up to the plate, kiddo.....or STFU.

quiet, scum.

Shillian = gutless, knows-nothing coward and leftard shill.

FALSE! The post you quoted (# 58) refuted this before you even posted it. All you're doing is displaying an ignorance of basic Microeconomics, that thousands of 18 year old college students know, and you don't.

Again, you can't raise prices above the market price, or set it wherever you feel like. You jut don't know how a firm sets its prices. You ever hear of the word SALES$$ ?

Maybe you DO think the price comes from your lucky number. Your birthday maybe ?
Although I've never taken a Microeconomics class nor ever heard of the word SALES$$ I think I do understand the market and my understanding is that when tariffs raise the cost of imports the market price rises.

You have no idea what globalism is. It is about the free flow of capital worldwide. That is all it supports. The fact is that there is nothing wrong with multi-culturalism. This country was founded on the idea of freedom. Free trade is not harmful to Americans. It is beneficial to America. TPP had some jurisdictional issues but it would have reduced or eliminated thousands of tariffs on American goods. The jobs you are talking about are low skill jobs. These jobs are not coming back. Carrier is a textbook case. Carrier kept some of the jobs in the US however they are being eliminated due to automation. You suffer from the same delusions that $15.00 minimum wage supporters do. You cannot force wages up artificially. If these jobs were to return to the US, they would be largely automated.

The fact is that there is nothing wrong with US dollars going overseas. That is inevitable as the dollar is the world's currency. There is nothing predatory about it you loon. The 14th Amendment has not been mis-interpreted.

The hate card fits here. You are spouting a bunch of nonsense. Globalists are the far-right's bogeyman used to scapegoat others just as Hitler did. Jews were responsible for Germany's problems. To you it is anyone who is not white. You sound more like the liberal. You constantly lie. The fact is that Trump was less hated than Clinton. 25% of Trump's support came from voters who voted against Clinton not for Trump. Those of us who conservatives who hold Trump accountable and refuse to compromise our principles.
You're not a conservative. You're an ultra-liberal supporter of Obama/Hillary policies of traitorous globalism, harmful immigration, massive loss of US $$$ to remittance imperialism + welfare to foreigners, multicultural madness (you don't even know what a NATION is), birthright citizenship, and then you try to use to race card to protect yourself from criticism of all these extremely harmful things,

You are a madman. You are dangerous. Your idea are as harmful to the American people as anything I've ever heard in this forum. You ought to be in mental institution. I'm less worried about nutjobs like you now though, since the American people have tossed the globalists out, Trump has taken over , and the globalist immigrationists (ex. Flake, Corker, Jeb Bush, etc) are dropping like flies. I know the country is now finally on the right track, after 24 years of derailment. Lots of repair work to do, with the loons having been in power for so long.

I suspect, like various other globalist goons, you are attached to globalism and immigration with stock ownership in outsourcing (intl and/or domestic) companies, and are worried about your stock income. I hope you lose every penny, you filthy traitor. There was a time when creeps like you would have been tarred and feathered.

Our ancestors provided us with immigration law to protect us from foreigners swamping us with their numbers, and creating a list of harms to the American people.

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs.

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($133 Billion year).>> Economy loss.

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases.

17. Influx of terrorists.

I am a conservative and you are not. Ronald Reagan supported free trade because he saw what protectionism did with the Great Depression. Sure I showed my support for Clinton by voting independent. The free flow of capital is not traitorous. Immigration is not harmful as we are all immigrants. The country is better because of immigration. You have no clue what a nation is. I interpret the Constitution the way I see it not the way you want it to read. You are the one who is harmful to this nation. Your white supremacist views are rejected by this country.

You can do nothing but call people names. The fact is that general election voters are not going to rubber stamp right wing extremists. Flake's seat will go to a Democrat and Corker's seat could go to a former Democrat centrist Governor.

More jobs have been lost to automation than outsourcing. That is what has happened to Carrier workers. Maybe you want to outlaw technology. Ultimately consumers decide and I am content to let them decide. You don't have a clue about what I do and you threaten violence.

By they way, they aren't the cause of dandruff?
FALSE! I AM A CONSERVATIVE. And YOU are the farthest thing from it. You're an ultra-liberal supporter of Hillary's Globalism (supports NAFTA, WTO, TPP, and is a member of the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, both arch outsourcing globalist organizations. Obama deep into globalism too, of which immigration is part of it. Immigration is domestic outsourcing, as I already said.

No, you don't get to redefine conservatism, and call yourself that, especially when you're in perfect tune with Obama, Hillary, Flake, and other globalist enemies of the American worker, American business owner, and the American people.

As for what a NATION is, you are obviously the one who has no clue. You can look up 5 years of my posts in this forum and you will find the definition of NATION posted many times. I have a bachelors degree in Geography, and I taught and Economics in college for a few years. One does not need to be a college teacher however, to know the definition of a NATION. Just a glance in th dictionary will do. For your edification >>

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people with a territory, economic life, and a distinctive language and culture in common.
(Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition)

You talk like a nut case, saying I threaten violence. Yeah ? Where was that, Mr Fabrication ? As for automation, it's a constant ongoing thing, that has been around for hundreds of years (like horses replaced by cars). Ho hum. Has little to do with globalism, immigration and other things that ultra-liberals like Obama, Hillary, and you support.

You are right wing kook of long standing. I haven't heard of the Trilateral Commission and the CFR in decades. No wonder everyone is liberal to you. You are so far in right field you are in the parking lot.

I am a conservative and you are a right wing looney tune. Ronald Reagan was a free trader as well because he saw the effects of protectionism. It was something called a depression. You are the enemy of America. You subscribe to jobs that are dying due to automation instead of retraining people for the new jobs.

The definition of a nation has never applied to the US. The US has always been a melting pot. It has been made up of different cultures blended together. To say a culture should never change is arrogance.

You were the one who talked about tar and feathering people. That is hardly a hello and how are you doing. Technology is at a level we have never seen. Jobs will be lost but new jobs will be opened up. Workers are ill-prepared for these jobs. We are a nation of immigrants. Someone in your family was a immigrant. Why shouldn't others do what your family did.

You are aware of the fact that Trump uses H1B visas tor his resorts. People who disagree with you are not traitorous. They support a path to citizenship for illegals. That has nothing to do with what you are complaining about. The laws should be followed and it should be applied evenly. Are Trump's resorts under investigation as well?

NumbersUSA shows that you can manipulate the numbers by manipulating the question. You can put in things that are not true to get the reaction you want.
HA HA. You really thought you had something there, didn't you ? Sure I'm "aware of the fact that Trump uses H1B visas tor his resorts" I'm not only aware of it, I posted about it more than a year ago. Now here's what YOU seem to NOT be aware of >>

Trump is absolutely right. I live in Florida. I've been here 28 years. Florida has a seasonal employment situation. The state is inundated with northerners and Canadians who live in Florida just during the winter months, and not many Americans want to work just for 6 months, if that long. Many apply out of desperation, but never follow through. This is common all over the state in winter.

You also have a lot of people who apply to Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, et al, who aren't qualified, have no experience or training and/or have criminal records (which is why they're unemployed to begin with). The foreign workers come from a group of trade school graduates, and hve clean records.

Finding clean record, qualified workers, who want just temporary work for a few months in Florida during the winter, is not a simple task. But this isn't the scenario for most of the employers who hire with H1B visas. Microsoft et al in the high tech industry especially, hire to boost their profits, from the low wages foreign workers are wiling to accept. Then the traitors force the longtime, loyal American workers to train the foreign replacements. This is treason, unequivocally.

And yes, indeed, NumbersUSA shows that you can manipulate the numbers by manipulating the question. And it is the liberal media that is exactly who is doing that, as NumbersUSA has shown.

You show that you are a Trump partisan. He does the same thing everyone else does and that is okay with you. The fact is that qualified Americans have applied and been turned down. Trump also uses H2B visas for his resort. He has never proven that foreign workers were needed as there is no proof he has even tried to find Americans to fill the jobs. The programs should be reformed however Trump's businesses should be held accountable as well.

The trouble with your assertions on Trump's poll numbers is everybody is showing the same thing. Trump has low poll numbers, DACA is popular and voters support a path to citizenship for illegals. The questions asked in the polls are publicly available. NumbersUSA is using push polling to get the numbers they want.

New Topics

Forum List

Back