Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

If I were his patient, republican, democrat or whatever or no party affiliation, I would NOT EVER in a million years, keep him as my Doctor.

I have said it in another thread that I would not remain his patient either. I believe he has the right to do business with whomever he wants to do business, but I do not believe it is right to punish other people for the actions of the government. Those who voted for Obama had a vast array of reasons for doing so. Not all of them support this shitty bill. The doctor should not be punishing his patients for Obama's failures as President.

If I were his patient, republican, democrat or whatever or no party affiliation, I would NOT EVER in a million years, keep him as my Doctor.

And that's your right and the right of anyone else. but what about his rights?

his right to what avatar?

His right to do business with whomever he chooses to do business with AND his right to run his practice in the manner that he believes will best suit his personal goals.

Apparently this guy is a pretty lousy doctor. His ratings from patients are low.

Patient Ratings for Dr. Jack Cassell, MD, Urology, Mount Dora, FL

:lol:

I wouldn't doubt it, but he got his name in all the papers and I'm pretty sure some visual media? He also made a cultural point, nothing wrong with that.

And that is the entire point of his statement. He's making a political point to a government that has not listened. Last I heard we did have a right to speak out against wrongs against us.

How many Republicans on here would HONESTLY WANT to have this very high strung man, as their Doctor?

Do you think he can practice medicine well with this kind of hysterical demeanor?

Very high strung man? What makes you think he is hysterical? The fact that you are hysterical over this, does not mean that he is hysterical. The fact that the left gets hysterical every time they are challenged does not indicate that this doctor is hysterical. He is making a political statement in a calm manner. I have not seen him on TV ranting and raving, have you?

No, I see a man making a political statement, plain and simple. And THANK GOD WE STILL HAVE THAT RIGHT for the time being

god you people are a shit load of a joke.. he has not fucking right to do this. he does not need to supporot obama but there no reason for this.

why are you guys avoiding this?

The modern version of that oath reads:

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

Do you feel that all doctors should be compelled to perform abortions?

This particular Doc is a Urologist, stupid. Has nothing to do with abortion.

So, can I assume that you believe that all OB/GYN's should be required to perform abortions regardless of beliefs about the nature of human life?

his right to what avatar?

A doctor who runs his own practice is also a business person. As a business person, he may want to receive a certain amount of money for his services rendered to those who choose to hire him.

The new provisions for health insurance will redefine that arrangement. If he does not agree with the terms of the redefinition, he has the right to say so.

Absent the redefinition, though, he should be able to charge whatever he wants. If it's too high, he should go out of business. If it's excessively high and yet he retains customers, the customers have determined that his service is worthy.

Under the new definitions, worthiness will play no role driving the practice of medicine into a regulated to a lower level state of being.

There is nothing wrong with Walmart, but occassionally, I like to walk through Macy's. If I'm feeling particularly uppity, Von Maur. Love that live piano music.

And what is the purpose for him to put the sign on the door and essentially SPIT in his own patient's faces? What do his patients now, have to do with Obamacare? What right does he have to bring politics in to his medical practice and his one on one care with his patients?

He deserves to LOSE HIS LICENSE, he is NOT mentally sound to put a sign like that on his door for his own patients to read....they have a RIGHT to receive the medical care they have paid this doctor for WITHOUT his political leanings and dismay becoming a part of it.

You are getting hysterical again. He didn't spit in anyone's face and as far as we know, he didn't turn anyone away. He put a sign in his window making a political statement. He is within his rights to do so.

Whether or not it was an intelligent business decision is to be seen. No one ever said doctors were good business men.

Immie

Ame®icano;2170204 said:
It's funny he never protested while he accepted medicare and medicaid patients.

Where does it say he accepted medicare and medicaid patents?

Dr. Jack Cassell, MD, Urology, located in Mount Dora, FL - Free reports and ratings

I wonder if he got student loans for college or med school. :eusa_whistle:

Without proof otherwise, I have to assume he is or has already paid those notes back, so your point would be?

Wait, if you were TM, I would have to guess that you believe having borrowed funds to get through medical school would mean that he is beholden to the U.S. Government for life.

Immie

Last edited:
Unethical or a sign of things to come?

100402-sign-hmed-230p.hmedium.jpg

Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters - Health care- msnbc.com

What a douche.

If I were a urologist in the area I would quickly counter with an ad welcoming all of his patients that he no longer wants to treat.

Ame®icano;2170182 said:
And that's your right and the right of anyone else. but what about his rights?

Does he have the right to break his CODE OF ETHICS for his profession?

Does he have the right to take tax payer's money for his education and then not serve tax payers?

Does he have a right to not serve a black person just because he is black?
Where are his rights on that one Avatar?

Few questions for you C4A.

Did he took taxpayers money for his education?
don't know if he did or didn't, but IF he did....

Is he sign saying he's not taking black people?

No, not the point.... but as a business owner, since his rights seem to only matter to some....does he have this "right" to turn them down because they are black and does that right to his own opinion, give him the right to discriminate, because his rights superceed the rights of others?

No new patients are coming to this guy's door, the sign was for patients he ALREADY ACCEPTED as patients...

coming to his office for their SCHEDULED health care visit with them...he has put a sign on his door that is pretty intimidating and downright crazy, for his own patients, who may differ with his political view to see...does he have the right to impose his political views on to his existing patients when they are paying him for only his Medical treatment and care?

I don't think he should...I believe it is unethical and against his oath and code of ethics.....that's what I am saying.

What a douche.

If I were a urologist in the area I would quickly counter with an ad welcoming all of his patients that he no longer wants to treat.

He's backpedaling away from it now saying it was a joke. Maybe he's had a chance to think about what this could do to his business. The dummy.

Pffft! I'd still be trying to raid his patients. He's obviously letting his politics affect his standard of care. Even if he agreed to treat an Obama supporter, would you really want him to treat you if he was pissed off the whole time.

Welcome to America. If you want to run off business, someone else will be glad for them.

Ame®icano;2170182 said:

Does he have the right to take tax payer's money for his education and then not serve tax payers?

No, not the point.... but as a business owner, since his rights seem to only matter to some....does he have this "right" to turn them down because they are black and does that right to his own opinion, give him the right to discriminate, because his rights superceed the rights of others?

No new patients are coming to this guy's door, the sign was for patients he ALREADY ACCEPTED as patients...

coming to his office for their SCHEDULED health care visit with them...he has put a sign on his door that is pretty intimidating and downright crazy, for his own patients, who may differ with his political view to see...does he have the right to impose his political views on to his existing patients when they are paying him for only his Medical treatment and care?

I don't think he should...I believe it is unethical and against his oath and code of ethics.....that's what I am saying.
Keep up the "he's crazy" rhetoric. :thup: You may just get those psychiatric gulags that worked so well for the Soviets.

Ame®icano;2170182 said:

Forgive me, but it seems to me that you believe he should be enslaved rather than free to perform services that he spent many years perfecting.

Your point about serving black people is a valid point and one that should not be ignored. We have laws in this country protecting against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion etc. That does not mean that business owners must provide services to EVERYONE. As long as they are not found to be discriminating based upon one of the protected classes they are not breaking the law. They may be immoral for their discrimination, but they are breaking no laws.

Immie

Last edited:
Ame®icano;2170182 said:

coming to his office for their SCHEDULED health care visit with him...he has put a sign on his door that is pretty intimidating and downright crazy, for his own patients, who may differ with his political view to see...does he have the right to impose his political views on to his existing patients when they are paying him for only his Medical treatment and care?

Keep up the "he's crazy" rhetoric. :thup: You may just get those psychiatric gulags that worked so well for the Soviets.

ok fine...

His ABNORMAL behavior.... :D

What a douche.

He's backpedaling away from it now saying it was a joke. Maybe he's had a chance to think about what this could do to his business. The dummy.

Pffft! I'd still be trying to raid his patients. He's obviously letting his politics affect his standard of care. Even if he agreed to treat an Obama supporter, would you really want him to treat you if he was pissed off the whole time.

Welcome to America. If you want to run off business, someone else will be glad for them.

Pissed off?

Have you seen him on tv ranting and raving? I have not.

All I see is a sign that is making a political statement.

Has he refused service to anyone? Not that I know of.

The only thing I can find that he is actually guilty of is making a poor business decision.

Immie

coming to his office for their SCHEDULED health care visit with him...he has put a sign on his door that is pretty intimidating and downright crazy, for his own patients, who may differ with his political view to see...does he have the right to impose his political views on to his existing patients when they are paying him for only his Medical treatment and care?

ok fine...

His ABNORMAL behavior.... :D
:thup: Yup, he doesn't agree with Obama and his legislation. He's abnormal.

What a douche.

No I wouldn't want him to treat me. I hope he loses business over this, he's obviously too emotional and agressive about politics to do anyone any good as a Dr. Maybe he should apply to be on Boehner or Cantor's staff instead.

No I wouldn't want him to treat me. I hope he loses business over this, he's obviously too emotional and agressive about politics to do anyone any good as a Dr. Maybe he should apply to be on Boehner or Cantor's staff instead.

This is anecdotal, but I've noticed that many doctors, while brilliant medically, have some rather strange ideas politically.

The only ones I see getting emotional over this are people on the left.

Immie

Forum List

Back