FL Lt. Gov. (R) resigns; gambling scandal.

From the article:
"Gerald Bailey, commissioner of Florida’s Department of Law Enforcement, said the arrests are only the first wave of the investigation and the second wave will look at the “large sums” of money spent on lobbying and donations to political campaigns. He would not give details."

this might just be a beginning...

From the OP's link..

It would appear that there is far less, at this point, there than what the OP would love to have us think.

The public relations firm she co-owned, 3 N&JC, did work for St. Augustine-based Allied Veterans. A Navy veteran who served in the Gulf War, Carroll also appeared in a TV ad in 2011 promoting the organization’s work on behalf of veterans and their families.

Authorities refused to discuss any ties between the 53-year-old Republican and the investigation. Her aides had no comment.

Carroll said in a statement Wednesday that neither she nor the public relations firm was targeted in the probe, and she stepped down so that her ties to the organization would not be a distraction for Republican Gov. Rick Scott’s administration.

Now, if later, it turns out that she is more closely tied, than that will be a horse of a different color.

In 2012 a credit card campaign finance fraud scheme caught up Marco Rubio and others and might have cost him a Veep nod. The other dominoes may now be falling. You can look at what might someday be seen as the roots of this developing scandal in the April 28,2012 New York magazine where this may be what's unraveling now:
" Former party chairman Jim Greer, set to go on trial this July, has promised (or threatened) to implicate "current and former elected officials, political consultants and lobbyists" who, he says, framed him to cover up their own actions."
The entire rotten edifice of Florida politics may be crumbling this very moment!

I know you think you are the designated Global Diplomat...but hey seriously???

Put me on ignore, you'll feel better ;)

I like to take the game that other Poster's play and beat them about the head and shoulders with it..

Please don't make the mistake of thinking I actually care what you think ;)

Good get someone with some integrity.

Now if you only you had any integrity dad....you'd want to get rid of President Monkey Boy.

Because clearly calling the President Monkey boy is a sign of integrity.

Why is it that when a prospective scandal involves a Republican, it's suddenly a case of, "I don't care," or "Both parties do it."

But, when it's a thread about a Democrat caught up in a scandal, it's evidence of....something nefarious.

Why is it that when a prospective scandal involves a Republican, it's suddenly a case of, "I don't care," or "Both parties do it."

But, when it's a thread about a Democrat caught up in a scandal, it's evidence of....something nefarious.

Funny.. that is what you took away from people saying that bad personal behavior has no boundaries along party lines and that any one with bad behavior any people with bad/dishonest behavior should not be in office??

I like to take the game that other Poster's play and beat them about the head and shoulders with it..

Good get someone with some integrity.

Now if you only you had any integrity dad....you'd want to get rid of President Monkey Boy.

If you don't care, why respond?

why is you use generalizations and straw men to attack people?

Funny.. that is what you took away from people saying that bad personal behavior has no boundaries along party lines and that any one with bad behavior any people with bad/dishonest behavior should not be in office??

I thought it was funny as well.

LOL....poor Avatar...you'll just have to deal with it ;)

If you don't care, why respond?

Forum List

Back