Fish have feelings too

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
I'm telling ya' .... if I ever have my own sit-com, I'm going to get a bunch of libs for comedy writers, except instead of having them make up jokes, I'll just let them be themselves.

First the therapy over Kerry losing....

Now, PETA is launching a Fish have feelings too campaign (link below)

A PETA spokesman is quoted as saying....

"Most people dismiss fish as dimwitted pea-brains. ... Yet this is a great fallacy,"

...to which my answer is, "No, you got that wrong, I have great respect for fish, it's you that I think are the dim-witted pea-brains"

As long as there are people like this around, we'll never have a laugh shortage in this country!

PETA Campaign Pitches Fish As Smart

capt.vagk10611162008.fish_empathy_vagk106.jpg

Now, if we could get an underwater drill, bore a hole in the fish's skull, and vacuum out his brains BEFORE we pulled him out of the water - well! That would be a whole different kettle of fish, now, wouldn't it?

musicman said:
Now, if we could get an underwater drill, bore a hole in the fish's skull, and vacuum out his brains BEFORE we pulled him out of the water - well! That would be a whole different kettle of fish, now, wouldn't it?
If someone did something like that to a puppy or a kitten, a lot of people would be screaming bloody murder (appropriately enough).

Once I heard on NPR (yes, at one time, I actually listened to that crap) a scientist make the claim that there not enough ants in the world, and too many humans. Of course, I didn't hear the scientist offer to move to Mars, either!

A fellow I once knew (who was definitely a lib), thought this way too. Until one day, his daughter had twins who were born prematurely. He then wanted the doctors to do everything to save them. The twins survived. Afterwards, he felt guilt for feeling that way (he thought he was being a hypocrite for wanting his grandchildren to survive). If I were him, I would have realized that I was a fool for thinking that people had less of a right to survive than animals!

Well I have to ask, what the hell are humans going to eat once they figure out that vegetables have feelings too? I suppose the human race is supposed to just give up and all commit suicide.

CSM said:
Well I have to ask, what the hell are humans going to eat once they figure out that vegetables have feelings too? I suppose the human race is supposed to just give up and all commit suicide.

Hmmm... I never thought about that. Vegetable rights activists. But, you know - with all the insanity I've seen overtaking this country in the span of my lifetime - sure. Why the hell not?

Not new at all---there's already a book out there (sorry-can't remember the name) that explains in detail how plants have feelings etc. Apparently it is convincing enough to really freak out some vegetarians. My brother-in-law has it---I'll try to get the name of it !

KarlMarx said:
If someone did something like that to a puppy or a kitten, a lot of people would be screaming bloody murder (appropriately enough).

Once I heard on NPR (yes, at one time, I actually listened to that crap) a scientist make the claim that there not enough ants in the world, and too many humans. Of course, I didn't hear the scientist offer to move to Mars, either!

A fellow I once knew (who was definitely a lib), thought this way too. Until one day, his daughter had twins who were born prematurely. He then wanted the doctors to do everything to save them. The twins survived. Afterwards, he felt guilt for feeling that way (he thought he was being a hypocrite for wanting his grandchildren to survive). If I were him, I would have realized that I was a fool for thinking that people had less of a right to survive than animals!

We don't want people like that moving to Mars! Spread that throughout the solar system? What would we be doing to the rest of the Universe if we allowed that to spread?

dilloduck said:
Not new at all---there's already a book out there (sorry-can't remember the name) that explains in detail how plants have feelings etc. Apparently it is convincing enough to really freak out some vegetarians. My brother-in-law has it---I'll try to get the name of it !

Well, if people get THAT whacked out, I honestly don't know what to tell them.

"Eat shit", I guess.

I believe the brain of a fish is as big as his eyeball,that makes for a real Einstein!!!! I'll have to ask our pet goldfish to help my son with his homework tonight!!! :mm:

krisy said:
I believe the brain of a fish is as big as his eyeball,that makes for a real Einstein!!!! I'll have to ask our pet goldfish to help my son with his homework tonight!!! :mm:

We have several fish at our house, maybe if they all get together in a Borg-type fashion I could hold a conversation with them.

I have a Managuense, they have a real big eye! It must be truly a Genius! :laugh:

no1tovote4 said:
We have several fish at our house, maybe if they all get together in a Borg-type fashion I could hold a conversation with them.

I have a Managuense, they have a real big eye! It must be truly a Genius! :laugh:

Now that's a big fish!!! Maybe he could join you for dinner tonight!! Better yet,maybe catch a little Hannity and Colmes. I bet he could give some real good insight on the Peterson trial. :teeth:

Now cmon.. Fish DO have feelings, too. I had one African Cichlid that FELT he should be the ONLY fish in the tank.

Forum List

Back