Fiscal Cliff winners and loser

Anyone who actually pays federal income tax is a loser in this situation...

Oh... and every citizen who will pay taxes in the future is also a loser because they will eventually have to pay for this reckless spending that was not cut one bit in this 'deal'

Why do you think washington was in sucha fucking uproar over getting a deal to side step the last deal? Because neither side wants to see any actual cuts. It's all a big fucking show and these bureaucrats will destroy this nation. Because people are complacent to being fucked over.

TV still works.

Oh.. I know this.. I have said all along that on both sides it is about nothing more than sustaining power and pandering to get it

Makes me wonder just how far we're willing to let these rent seekers fuck us before people stand up for their rights. I'm hoping not to the point where it is too late, but we certainly have lost the spirit of 1776.

Oh... and every citizen who will pay taxes in the future is also a loser because they will eventually have to pay for this reckless spending that was not cut one bit in this 'deal'

It could have been worse. Taxes could have gone up a lot more.

Things can always be worse... things still are not good though with this.... it should have been 50X the spending cuts and work on getting a greater number who do not pay federal income tax back to paying it at least at some level

Never put taxes on the same table as cuts. A politician will always go for tax increases.

Things can always be worse... things still are not good though with this.... it should have been 50X the spending cuts and work on getting a greater number who do not pay federal income tax back to paying it at least at some level

our problem was running two wars on china's dime... the fact that anyone thinks we should victimize middle and working class people to pay for the stupidity of cutting taxes during wartime for the ONLY TIME IN RECORDED HISTORY is the problem, DD. Happy New Year, btw.

our problem was running two wars on china's dime... the fact that anyone thinks we should victimize middle and working class people to pay for the stupidity of cutting taxes during wartime for the ONLY TIME IN RECORDED HISTORY is the problem, DD. Happy New Year, btw.

We just did. One way or another taxes are going up for everyone.

Makes me wonder just how far we're willing to let these rent seekers fuck us before people stand up for their rights. I'm hoping not to the point where it is too late, but we certainly have lost the spirit of 1776.

After citizens united....

"We" have very little control.

You think 30+% of anyone's earnings should go to taxes?? I don't.. You think anyone should be exempt from tax in some class warfare battle cry for votes?? I certainly don't

Did I agree with how Bush handled things fiscally?? No.. IMHO should have drastically cut spending in other areas if a war was to be fought.. but that is not the point here.. that is past...

And Happy New Year to you too Jill... just had my B-Day too, sucks getting old :)

R

Not everyone makes more than 400k.

R

Not everyone makes more than 400k.

Look up how many two income households do. More than you think. SS is going up on everyone.

Look up how many two income households do. More than you think. SS is going up on everyone.

I would like to have the problem of my taxes going up from 35 to 39 percent on 450k.

Why not just cut to the chase...you have no problem with taxes going up as long as they aren't yours. It's all relative.

Ok. If I made 500k and 50-100k of that went from being taxed at 35 to 39, I wouldn't be crying.

I would like to have the problem of my taxes going up from 35 to 39 percent on 450k.

Why not just cut to the chase...you have no problem with taxes going up as long as they aren't yours. It's all relative.

Ok. If I made 500k and 50-100k of that went from being taxed at 35 to 39, I wouldn't be crying.

I believe in that whole equality in treatment thing.... so having taxes go u for some and not others, or having it go up in degrees depending on some subjective pandering because of what others deem 'comfortable' or whatever, does not fly with me

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that while we're being told there is no increase under $400,000 the truth is that's a lie...guess who is telling it?

Jillian is right. The Chimp named W decided to reward his rich friends with a tax cut, while starting two wars one of which was totally unecessary. We will be paying for the frolics and the insanity of the recovering alcoholic for decades. As for recovering, he may be back on the bottle since Daddy is ailing. Just a rumor...

After citizens united....

"We" have very little control.

Right. Is that how Obama won re-election? I thought it was because retards turned out in large numbers to vote for him. Romney even spent more money (wisely, mind you. He understands fiscal issues...) and still lost.

Still going with that loss of control thing because of a SCOTUS decision?

I believe in that whole equality in treatment thing.... so having taxes go u for some and not others, or having it go up in degrees depending on some subjective pandering because of what others deem 'comfortable' or whatever, does not fly with me
We have had stepped taxes for years. A flat tax is not on the horizon. Would you prefer everyone's taxes went up by that percentage?

Forum List

Back