Fiscal Cliff? Tax the Rich

So far:

1. No conservative denies that sacrifices must be made for the sake of fiscal discipline.

2. No conservative thinks the Rich should share in that sacrifice.

3. No conservative will offer anything in the way of his or her share of the sacrifice, so it is presumable that none believe they themselves should make any.

Any conservatives object to those conclusions?

Let's do the fiscal cliff and get it over with.

Shake things up.

I agree. According to the CBO it would clean house and reset the economy:

"By comparison, if the economy falls over the cliff (so to speak) next year, the situation could begin to stabilize as early as 2014. "After next year, by the agency's estimates, economic growth will pick up, and the labor market will strengthen, returning output to its potential level (reflecting a high rate of use of labor and capital) and shrinking the unemployment rate to 5.5 percent by 2018," the report noted."

Just How High Is the Fiscal Cliff? - Yahoo! Finance

So far:

1. No conservative denies that sacrifices must be made for the sake of fiscal discipline.

3. No conservative will offer anything in the way of his or her share of the sacrifice, so it is presumable that none believe they themselves should make any.

2. Conservatives know that the "rich" will share in raised taxes (if they are raised, or loopholes being removed, if they are not, oh boy, thousands more pages of tax laws that will exclude the politicians and their wealthy friends, while targeting the producers). Since no liberal will acknowledge, just how much the "rich" should sacrifice (how much they pay in taxes, and many pay over half of their income in federal, state, city, county taxes), or how much the people that are not rich are going to "sacrifice", what do you expect?

If you have a child that blows thru their allowance and comes to you for more, telling you that they are "suffering", do you continue to give them everything that they ask for, or do you tell them that it is time, they learned how to earn their own money?

They are not "conclusions" just statements designed to perpetuate greed and envy as a way to control those that want to have more.....

Everyone is.bleeding the same? riiiiight. Poor little rich boy gets a 15% cut and goes out and buys a new yacht or summer home in Curacao.....and the poor get to decide between food and medication, or electricity.....
Good thing you're not envious or covetous, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

quite religious though.... he understands the widows mite quite well.

I still say a National Lottery. $1/week....taken off your paycheck. At the beginning of the year, when you fill out your 1040, you check a box as to whether you want to participate.

The winner is drawn randomly every week from the pool of people who checked the "yes" box. No rollovers....every week a winner. Let's say 100M people participate....$10 million to the winner, $90 Million goes directly to the debt..every week. That would be 46.8B every year without anyone getting hurt or taxed.....and it will make 52 new multi-millionaires every year.

Let's throw in a bonus.....that original $10M to the winner? Tax Free.....money earned off of that of course will be taxed.

you would still get the entitlement whiners...

they dont have a job... so no pay check.. but still want to be in for the prize.

Good God....Does NO ONE want to think out of the box? OK....That'll be a MOTIVATION for people to go out and get a fucking job, right? If you're REALLY that worried about it....write it into the bylaws that people on Welfare aren't eligible.

No... it wont motivate them one bit. They will wine to be in for the prize...and not have to work for it. Same old same old.... entitlement game.

Everyone is.bleeding the same? riiiiight. Poor little rich boy gets a 15% cut and goes out and buys a new yacht or summer home in Curacao.....and the poor get to decide between food and medication, or electricity.....

15% of skin is 15% of skin.

what you are saying is your are jealous that others have more then you do.

No....what I am saying is that I don't want people to STARVE in this country because of people like you.

EDIT: My wife in I are in the top 10%....we aren't the ones struggling. Stop making this personal you fucking bitch.

I dont want them to starve either. So you can take your people like you shit and shove it up your ass.

ok.. so THEY are jealous of what others have. :thup:

20% is 20%.... rich people will be just as pissed off as the poor.

tax the fuck outta the mother fucking rich, they deserve it for being rich, no matter what the fuck else we do in AMerica we must get RE VE NG E on the motherfucking rich for being successful. Now get busy.

see i have no problem taxing the rich.... just so long as we tax the poor right along with them.

So far:

False choice.

Your weak semantical meme starts with the flawed and patently dishonest assumption that the starting place for 'fairness' of 'sacrifice' for those involved are presently equal.

Fail.

LOL

Last edited:
So far:

1. sounds right

2. really.... i am pretty sure they want everyone to share in the sacrifice.

3. 20% off of everyone ....means everyone. But watch the liberals all say hell no to that.

I believe they would be sacrificing 37% of their income to the Federal government. See #3. LOL

You have the communication skills of a slightly above average baboon.

I had not taken into consideration that there are illiterates that don't understand percentages. Even when I post them twice. My apologies.

The fact that I'm able to perfectly understand 99% of the posters around here is pretty solid evidence that the problem is yours, not mine.

So far:

False choice.

Your weak semantical meme starts with the flawed and patently dishonest assumption that the starting place for 'fairness' of 'sacrifice' for those involved are presently equal.

Fail.

LOL

The starting place is what it is.

If you believe the Rich are already unfairly sacrificing, and therefore should be exempted from the future sacrifices that must be made,

then you should just say so.

Try being concise and direct, as I am.

But you won't, because you're secretly either embarassed or ashamed to admit that you are a tool of the Rich,

assuming you're not currently among the Rich yourself.

It doesn't? You have a hell of a lot more faith in your "sainted riiiiich" than I do. Your people are the "let them eat cake" people of our generation.

tax those mother fuckers right outta the country then what ya gonna do? what will you replace the evil rich and corporations with? huh?

New ones who haven't had their Dick sucked for 30 years and aren't afraid of Competition.

I hate to point out the obvious, Steel but today's competition is "global", so your new ones are going to have to compete against the ones who have relocated. Since you're taxing the new ones at a higher rate...who do you think wins that competition?

So far:

The above is sheer stupidity, Carbineer.

When I as a conservative point out that not only will raising taxes on the wealthy not fix our deficit problems but that doing so will most likely make those deficits even worse by slowing the economy even more...you attack me with this nonsense?

So far:

The above is sheer stupidity, Carbineer.

When I as a conservative point out that not only will raising taxes on the wealthy not fix our deficit problems but that doing so will most likely make those deficits even worse by slowing the economy even more...you attack me with this nonsense?

1. So far, you hadn't been in the thread

2. what part of the word share don't you understand?

Forum List

Back