Fiscal Cliff Negotiations!

So Bu$h II had a mandate w/ his slim victory in '04 but the current President doesn't because he's from a different party? Got it :thup:

Reminder: Obama specifically ran on raises taxes TO THEIR PRIOR LEVELS and he won reelection. He has since negotiated down but the Stonewallers (Repubs) are relentless in their..... well.....stonewalling.

I call Shenanigans.

Please provide evidence that the GOP claimed a mandate in 2004.

If anything, Bush reached out to the Dems and literally begged for cooperation to deal with Social Security. But I doubt a sad hack like you recalls that.

Try 2010. Did they not claim a mandate then, in spite of the fact that they won control of only one House?

Do you understand the difference between the Presidency and the House of Representatives?

Clearly not.

You also don't realize that Obama, not Bush, was President in 2010...but given how Obama continues to blame everything on Bush, your confusion on that point is somewhat understandable.

Last edited:
We have to accept the fact that, politically, American voters are morons who are susceptible to the most fatuous propaganda imaginable. This is how FDR was able to be reelected after 8 years of depression under his watch by continuing to blame it on Hoover. Sound familiar?

The same way George Bush was elected twice?

Another American voter speaks up! Please explain how Bush was reelected by blaming Clinton for...?

So Bu$h II had a mandate w/ his slim victory in '04 but the current President doesn't because he's from a different party? Got it :thup:

Reminder: Obama specifically ran on raises taxes TO THEIR PRIOR LEVELS and he won reelection. He has since negotiated down but the Stonewallers (Repubs) are relentless in their..... well.....stonewalling.

I call Shenanigans.

If anything, Bush reached out to the Dems and literally begged for cooperation to deal with Social Security. But I doubt a sad hack like you recalls that.

Try 2010. Did they not claim a mandate then, in spite of the fact that they won control of only one House?

good but I'm referring to THIS ;) :

Worst Bush Moments: #10, "I Earned Political Capital, and Now I Intend to Spend It" | Alas, a Blog
"I Earned Political Capital, and Now I Intend to Spend It"

In 2004, George W. Bush won the narrowest re-election of a president since 1916. Earning just barely over half the vote, and just 286 electoral votes, Bush should have been humble.

Obama just won reelection w/ 332 electoral votes :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I call Shenanigans.

Worst Bush Moments: #10, "I Earned Political Capital, and Now I Intend to Spend It" | Alas, a Blog

In 2004, George W. Bush won the narrowest re-election of a president since 1916. Earning just barely over half the vote, and just 286 electoral votes, Bush should have been humble.

That is a pathetic stretch. ANYONE in politics has political capital, and uses it.

That is not the same as refusing to negotiate in good faith with other people who were also ELECTED.

I call Shenanigans.

Obama just won reelection w/ 332 electoral votes :eusa_whistle:

Bush was a fucking idiot..... And he had republican house and repubz congress.

Hey Mrs. Myopic, Congress also went on vacation, they also are part of the budgetary process. They have again let us down and we should and will let our voice be heard, or they will feel our wrath on the next day of voting.
You notice that they could not hurt their poor rich folks with the discomfort of making them pay more in taxes or creating legislation to help the poor and hard workers of our nation with adequate wages for a decent life while the rich, get richer through the same legislative process.

Last edited:
Hey, the Congress is on vacation, so why not the President. You people created this.

Let's go over the fiscal cliff. Instantly, much of the deficit is solved. The military-industrial complex takes a well deserved haircut. You guys get to celebrate less funds for children and seniors. And you will get full credit for that.

So he has to fly to Hawaii and then fly back in 4 days?

Sure glad we have the money.

The president is entitled to quality family holiday time just like everybody else. Please stop this foolish insinuation that he should stay home waiting for the phone to ring.

I am certain that usmb members are much more worried about this than our elected leaders. They've all moved on to their holidays.

We should too. Merry christmas and mahalo!

Hey, the Congress is on vacation, so why not the President. You people created this.

Let's go over the fiscal cliff. Instantly, much of the deficit is solved. The military-industrial complex takes a well deserved haircut. You guys get to celebrate less funds for children and seniors. And you will get full credit for that.

So he has to fly to Hawaii and then fly back in 4 days?

Sure glad we have the money.

I don't, but his position does. I doubt he would take a hop flight like I did while in the military.

The president is entitled to quality family holiday time just like everybody else. Please stop this foolish insinuation that he should stay home waiting for the phone to ring.

I am certain that usmb members are much more worried about this than our elected leaders. They've all moved on to their holidays.

With so many people under and unemployed, Obama could have shown some class, leadership, and empathy by having a low key family holiday at Camp David, or by enjoying the 54 Christmas trees at the White House. Instead, taxpayers are footing the bill for $Millions.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

That is a pathetic stretch. ANYONE in politics has political capital, and uses it.

That is not the same as refusing to negotiate in good faith with other people who were also ELECTED.

ummm...... he made that statement immediately after you people reelected him. :clap2: You too young to remember what happened in 2004? :dunno: Nice try though. :redface:

Last edited:
You don't grok the English Language "too good", do you?

Saying one is going to "spend political capital" is not the same as refusing to negotiate by saying "I Won",

With so many people under and unemployed, Obama could have shown some class, leadership, and empathy by having a low key family holiday at Camp David, or by enjoying the 54 Christmas trees at the White House. Instead, taxpayers are footing the bill for $Millions.

Just sayin'.

If he were as old as Reagan was he could stay at the White House since he had no one to visit.

You don't grok the English Language "too good", do you?

Saying one is going to "spend political capital" is not the same as refusing to negotiate by saying "I Won",

he made the statement just two days after his reelection and based on his narrowest or narrow wins you hack:

He made this clear in a press conference held just two days after the election, when he told the press, in no uncertain terms, that this was his country now, and the rest of us were just living in it

Stop digging or you'll hit China!!!

Just sayin'.

I hear you and point taken...but that isn't fiscal cliff related.

If he did stay he'd be chastised for making a statement.

Retail sales don't seem to be suffering.

Forum List

Back