Fiscal Cliff Deal Reached: White House, Hill Leaders Agree To Delay Sequester

I was pointing out the compromise. I'm not the one screaming about taxes going up. I would have preferred the payroll tax holiday not expire for another year, but that is what compromise is about. Everyone either gets a little of what they like, a little of what they hate or both.

Which would have helped to weaken Social Security even more:eusa_eh:

No it wouldn't. The money from the payroll tax holiday wasn't actually taken from SS, but from the General Fund. It wasn't "hurting" SS.

You guys need to get on the same page with the payroll tax holiday. Some of your RW friends are screaming about the middle class tax increase...of course those are the people with the most severe cases of ODS.

Shut up and "pay your fair share":razz: The payroll tax on most lower income people is to cover Social Security and it's all part of the general fund now anyway Thanks to LBJ...Oh and your Liincoln "quote" is almost certainly bullshit from some left wing blog

Last edited:
I'll say this over and over again. The President said (nearly 1300 times during his campaigns) that "No one, making under $250,000 will see their taxes rise one penny".

Every American that is now employed will see their taxes go up. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Now, who is the liar?

See, that's where the liberals come out and try to make excuse after excuse, or example after example, doing their best to show everyone that "their boy" didn't lie.

Here's a news flash for you "true believers". Your guy is a liar and a thief.

Get used to it. We have 4 more years of his lies and thievery to go through.....

I'll say this over and over again. The President said (nearly 1300 times during his campaigns) that "No one, making under $250,000 will see their taxes rise one penny".

Every American that is now employed will see their taxes go up. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Now, who is the liar?

See, that's where the liberals come out and try to make excuse after excuse, or example after example, doing their best to show everyone that "their boy" didn't lie.

Here's a news flash for you "true believers". Your guy is a liar and a thief.

Get used to it. We have 4 more years of his lies and thievery to go through.....

And more hidden taxes than you can shake a stick at.... From the tobacco tax to the tax on certain pieces of medical equipment......Not to mention the increases in health care and health insurance.....You know, what Obamacare was originally supposed to fix......

So, $620 billion in tax increases (supposedly) in exchange for a promise of $15 billion in "cuts", a 41:1 ratio of taxes to cuts.

The cuts never come. They didn't come when Reagan was promised $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes. The cuts didn't come when Bush I was promised $2 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes.

Nobody is cutting shit.

The House is out of it's frickin' mind if they vote for this.
Again pay attention to the technique of telling just enough truth but leaving out the critical info in order to deceive!

The $ 630 billion in tax increases is over 10 years, while the $15 billion in spending cuts is to cover the 2 month delay in sequestration!!!!!!!!

Lies like that do not happen by accident, they are premeditated. They are crafted to present a half-truth in the most deceptive way possible. Now even after the lie is exposed, the poster will continue to trust their source of this premeditated deception! The poster is a perfect example of the 'Misinformation Voter" the GOP depends on.

Bullshit. This is nothing more than than the same old game played for decades: tax hikes now in exchange for cuts later....cuts that NEVER come.
When caught in a gross exaggeration, comparing 10 years of tax increases to 2 months of spending cuts, the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood deny the truth and double down on the lie.

Your fiscal cliff deal cheat sheet

— The sequester will be delayed for two months. Half of the delay will be offset by discretionary cuts, split between defense and non-defense. The other half will be offset by revenue raised by the voluntary transfer of traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs, which would tax retirement savings when they’re moved over.

Last edited:
Again pay attention to the technique of telling just enough truth but leaving out the critical info in order to deceive!

The $ 630 billion in tax increases is over 10 years, while the $15 billion in spending cuts is to cover the 2 month delay in sequestration!!!!!!!!

Lies like that do not happen by accident, they are premeditated. They are crafted to present a half-truth in the most deceptive way possible. Now even after the lie is exposed, the poster will continue to trust their source of this premeditated deception! The poster is a perfect example of the 'Misinformation Voter" the GOP depends on.

Bullshit. This is nothing more than than the same old game played for decades: tax hikes now in exchange for cuts later....cuts that NEVER come.
When caught in a gross exaggeration, comparing 10 years of tax increases to 2 months of spending cuts, the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood deny the truth and double down on the lie.

— The sequester will be delayed for two months. Half of the delay will be offset by discretionary cuts, split between defense and non-defense. The other half will be offset by revenue raised by the voluntary transfer of traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs, which would tax retirement savings when they’re moved over.

Gross exaggeration my ass. Just how many times do you think we'll fall for this shit? More taxes now, spending "cuts" later. Christ they aren't even cuts, merely slight reductions in the planned rate of increased spending. There will be no cuts. That's not what Washington does. It spends, whether we have the money or not.

Gross exaggeration my ass. Just how many times do you think we'll fall for this shit? More taxes now, spending "cuts" later. Christ they aren't even cuts, merely slight reductions in the planned rate of increased spending. There will be no cuts. That's not what Washington does. It spends, whether we have the money or not.
Just as many times as you repeat your bullshit!

The spending cuts are already in place, that's what the sequester is, spending cuts! In order to delay the sequestered spending cuts, equivalent spending cut offsets had to be found to cover the 2 month delay. If Congress can't agree on more directed spending cuts, by law the across the board sequestered spending cuts take effect.

That is why it is so obviously dishonest to count only the 2 month delay offset spending cuts, without the sequestered spending cuts, as the only spending cuts involved in the deal. But you couldn't be part of the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood if you weren't dishonest!!!

Last edited:

The spending cuts are already in place, that's what the sequester is, spending cuts! In order to delay the sequestered spending cuts, equivalent spending cut offsets had to be found to cover the 2 month delay. If Congress can't agree on more directed spending cuts, by law the across the board sequestered spending cuts take effect.

That is why it is so obviously dishonest to count only the 2 month delay offset spending cuts, without the sequestered spending cuts, as the only spending cuts involved in the deal. But you couldn't be part of the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood if you weren't dishonest!!!

Keeping in mind that Obama said the sequestration "will not happen" and given the history of promised "cuts" that never actually hit the books, I call bullshit. We will spend more this year than we did last year. Same the year after that. Good grief, just look at the budget Obama proposed:
image001-3.preview.png

When we actually CUT spending, you let us know...:doubt:

In a few years Big Brother will claim raising Taxes was a wonderful success. And as usual, most people will believe him. Tax Revenue has never been the problem. It's the spending. And they haven't addressed that. Bush and Obama really have completely screwed many future generations. They should be ashamed of themselves, but somehow i doubt they are.

Last edited:

Keeping in mind that Obama said the sequestration "will not happen" and given the history of promised "cuts" that never actually hit the books, I call bullshit. We will spend more this year than we did last year. Same the year after that. Good grief, just look at the budget Obama proposed:
image001-3.preview.png

When we actually CUT spending, you let us know...:doubt:
Again, caught in an exaggeration so gross as to be a lie, the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhoos simply lies some more and tries to divert. The out of context quote, in context, means the undirected across the board sequestration spending cuts will be replaced with directed SPENDING CUTS!!!!!!

And your chart, from one of the most dishonest Republicans, Jeffie Sessions, leaves out the current fiscal 2012 spending of $3.8 trillion, so 2013 shows a decrease in spending in spite of costs and population increasing, as they do every year.

Last edited:
HA!...Look at edthe¢himp making excuses for the big fat pork-a-thon disguised as a solution to the fecal cliff!

What a fucking rube! :lmao:
As usual, you have nothing to contribute!

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause."
- Victor Hugo

So, $620 billion in tax increases (supposedly) in exchange for a promise of $15 billion in "cuts", a 41:1 ratio of taxes to cuts.

The cuts never come. They didn't come when Reagan was promised $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes. The cuts didn't come when Bush I was promised $2 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes.

Nobody is cutting shit.

...spending cuts will be replaced with directed SPENDING CUTS

Sure they will, whatever you say...:cuckoo:
Again, the sequestered spending cuts are already enacted by already passed and signed law. If the GOP House does not approve of the new directed spending cuts and do nothing the sequestered spending cuts will be enforced.

No matter how you try to spin it, it was a lie for YOU to claim that only $15 billion in spending cuts are the total of spending cuts involved in the deal.

BTW, the spending cuts under St Ronnie were nixed by REAGAN himself because he would not allow cuts to his Star Wars pork barrel military spending, and if spending cuts are nixed now it will be because the GOP will not give up its pork filled military spending slush fund!

'Fiscal Cliff', just another empty catch phrase. Gotta brainwash and scare the People i guess. Looks like Big Brother got another one over on us. What a country.

Nobody is cutting shit.

...spending cuts will be replaced with directed SPENDING CUTS

Sure they will, whatever you say...:cuckoo:
Again, the sequestered spending cuts are already enacted by already passed and signed law. If the GOP House does not approve of the new directed spending cuts and do nothing the sequestered spending cuts will be enforced.

When we actually cut spending, you let us know.

No matter how you try to spin it, it was a lie for YOU to claim that only $15 billion in spending cuts are the total of spending cuts involved in the deal.

Actually, your statement is a lie. But hey, it's about what YOU know will happen in the future....:doubt:

BTW, the spending cuts under St Ronnie were nixed by REAGAN himself because he would not allow cuts to his Star Wars pork barrel military spending, and if spending cuts are nixed now it will be because the GOP will not give up its pork filled military spending slush fund!

Of course, if we could only spend according to what YOUR guy wants, everything would be golden! :lol:

Nobody is cutting shit.

Repeating your lie will not make it true!

I already posted that fiscal 2012 has spending of $3.8 trillion and the chart YOU posted shows fiscal 2013 spending at $3.62 trillion.

Repeating your lie will not make it true!

Oh, so we have cut spending? Fucking liar.

I already posted that fiscal 2012 has spending of $3.8 trillion and the chart YOU posted shows fiscal 2013 spending at $3.62 trillion.

We'll see. History does NOT support your argument. We're headed towards $20 trillion of debt. The tax rate hikes will only suppress economic growth and your promised cuts never seem to materialize. But I'm sure you know what's best...:doubt: Again, you let us know when we actually cut spending.

Even the relief Bill for the Sandy victims they had to stuff full of BS Pork, but we're cutting spending....Riiiight......I'll believe it when I see the debt clock going the other direction.........

Forum List

Back