First direct observation of carbon dioxide's greenhouse effect at Earth's surface

jc, quit running. In your own words, what does this peculiar rant mean? Summarize it. I could summarize the stupidity of it easily enough, but we all want to see you attempt it. You claim it's an amazing refutation of something, so you must understand it, right?

But to maintain a certain temperature there must be an input of thermal energy (usually called "heat") which balances the natural heat losses. James Hansen incorrectly assumed that radiation from the colder atmosphere could transfer the extra thermal energy into the surface. But radiation mostly transfers thermal energy out of the warmer surface, not into it. The actual process involves energy being transferred during molecular collisions, as with conduction. You are familiar with this diffusion process which can be observed if your car is left in the Sun and then driven into your garage. Close the garage door and open the car doors and gradually you will feel the temperature of the air in the garage warming and that of the air in the car cooling. Warm air molecules (with more kinetic energy than cooler ones) have shared that extra energy with others from outside the car. You may not feel the air moving out of the car, but some of the thermal energy is being transferred by diffusion and maybe some net air movement away from the hotter source inside the car. The overall process is called convective heat transfer in physics, whether or not you can detect actual air movement."

When you get done with that, explain why you keep lying about all the experiments you've been shown, and why you deny that backradiation exists, even though it can be directly measured.

The point, again, is:
A. You have no idea of what the crap you say even means. Yes, it is that obvious.
B. You have no testicles. Yes, that's also that obvious.
Hey mantooth, let's take the scenario laid out in the abstract, You have a cool garage and you have hot air in a car, when the doors are opened, will the garage become warmer?

Will the car become cooler?
Will the temperatures balance after some time? Will that balance be warmer or cooler in the garage prior to the car door being opened?

What say you?

Convection and conduction exist, yes.

Now, how does that disprove global warming?

Lay out the logical argument for us. Step by step. Show us this disproof.

Make sure you explain the problems with your theory. If convection carries heat upwards out to the edge of space, why does the atmosphere get colder as you go up? In the oceans, where convection actually does occur, the water gets warmer as you go up. Yet that doesn't happen in the atmosphere. Why not?

Convection and conduction exist, yes.

Now, how does that disprove global warming?

Lay out the logical argument for us. Step by step. Show us this disproof.

Make sure you explain the problems with your theory. If convection carries heat upwards out to the edge of space, why does the atmosphere get colder as you go up? In the oceans, where convection actually does occur, the water gets warmer as you go up. Yet that doesn't happen in the atmosphere. Why not?
so I see you didn't answer the questions. Hmmm, how unusual is that? hahahahaahahaha you couldn't answer a question if someone asked you your name. this goes no further until you answer the questions from my post. I can't go further without your response. come on human up and answer and let's keep discussing this.

Oh one other thing, the garage is closed in, so the basics don't work the same as the atmosphere, that was more for the purposes of air flow, and it is important to understand how you answer my questions.

Last edited:
so I see you didn't answer the questions.

And down jc goes, another face plant into a cow patty!

jc, you had the opportunity there to show everyone how you aren't as gutless and dishonest as everyone thinks. You could have proven your brilliance, and put all those dirty warmers in their place. Instead, you pissed yourself and fled the field, with everyone's laughter echoing after you.

There's a reason scientists have respect. They simply put out the data, and let it stand on its own terms. Give it a shot. Lay down your argument, step by step. I have nothing to do with your argument, so there's zero reason to bring me into it, and doing so is a very obvious evasion.

so I see you didn't answer the questions.

And down jc goes, another face plant into a cow patty!

jc, you had the opportunity there to show everyone how you aren't as gutless and dishonest as everyone thinks. You could have proven your brilliance, and put all those dirty warmers in their place. Instead, you pissed yourself and fled the field, with everyone's laughter echoing after you.

There's a reason scientists have respect. They simply put out the data, and let it stand on its own terms. Give it a shot. Lay down your argument, step by step. I have nothing to do with your argument, so there's zero reason to bring me into it, and doing so is a very obvious evasion.
So I see how you are, you don't answer a question and that's on me. And that's on me how? Come on bright human tell me, how your inability to answer shows something about me? I'm interested in this one.

One thing I did do is show your inability to answer a simple little question. how sad is that? Why are you even here then? If you don't wish to play nice, what is the mission? You are losing daily here with that tactic. I know you most likely don't see that, but alas, it's true, sooooo true.

I didn't ask for another "Mamooth makes me cry" rant. I asked you to explain your theory that supposedly disproves global warming.

By refusing to talk about anything but me, you seem to be saying that your theory that disproves global warming has me in the theory somehow. Most curious. Do tell us more. I've never been part of a theory before.

However, if that's not the case, then stop obsessing about me and explain your theory to everyone. Start with your garage, end with how it disproves global warming theory, and go step by step in between.

I didn't ask for another "Mamooth makes me cry" rant. I asked you to explain your theory that supposedly disproves global warming.

By refusing to talk about anything but me, you seem to be saying that your theory that disproves global warming has me in the theory somehow. Most curious. Do tell us more. I've never been part of a theory before.

However, if that's not the case, then stop obsessing about me and explain your theory to everyone. Start with your garage, end with how it disproves global warming theory, and go step by step in between.
well I asked for you to answer my questions first. Too bad cry baby. Your evasion is proof of your lack of knowledge.

No, I was the one who asked first, asking you to explain your theory. So, by the standards you've just set, you have to go first. Yes, your evasion backfired on you, so get cracking.

How about you quit running and just explain your theory that you claimed disproves global warming? The laws of physics do not involve me in any way. Whining about me is not an explanation. Just explain your goddamn theory already.

Confirmed at last. All they have to do now is reproduce the results at many more locations. Any deniers care to respond?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0225132103.htm

Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide's greenhouse effect at Earth's surface for the first time. They measured atmospheric carbon dioxide's increasing capacity to absorb thermal radiation emitted from Earth's surface over an 11-year period at two locations in North America. They attributed this upward trend to rising carbon dioxide levels from fossil fuel emissions.
More at the link.

Also, a video:

get ready to have your thread filled w/ "yabut" replies from the deniers
emot_rant.gif

Confirmed at last. All they have to do now is reproduce the results at many more locations. Any deniers care to respond?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0225132103.htm

Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide's greenhouse effect at Earth's surface for the first time. They measured atmospheric carbon dioxide's increasing capacity to absorb thermal radiation emitted from Earth's surface over an 11-year period at two locations in North America. They attributed this upward trend to rising carbon dioxide levels from fossil fuel emissions.
More at the link.

Also, a video:

get ready to have your thread filled w/ "yabut" replies from the deniers
emot_rant.gif

You're warning is a bit late, but thanks anyway.

"First, the computer models are very good at solving the equations of fluid dynamics but very bad at describing the real world. The real world is full of things like clouds and vegetation and soil and dust which the models describe very poorly. Second, we do not know whether the recent changes in climate are on balance doing more harm than good. The strongest warming is in cold places like Greenland. More people die from cold in winter than die from heat in summer."

Letters to a heretic An email conversation with climate change sceptic Professor Freeman Dyson - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent

well worth the read. AGWCult demolished

We lost SSDD, but we now have Billy to to carry on his "photons can't move from cold to hot" cult fairy tales.

Yes, Billy here is claiming that molecules are intelligent entities which know if they're emitting towards a warmer surface, and which put on the brakes if they see such a warmer surface ahead of them, even if it's a thousand light years away. Violates pretty much every law of physics and causality out there, but when has that ever stopped a denier?

Sky Dragon Slayers are among the dumbest human beings on the planet. Billy is their representative here. He's a openly nuts, yet most of the deniers here still kiss his ass. In Denierstan, cult loyalty overrides everything else. It doesn't matter how stupid, crazy or immoral a fellow denier is, you are still required to back him up, period.

Once again Mampoop fails at basic physics... Energy is emitted from all matter/molecules. Please tell me how they discerned which photons were from CO2 and which were from the earths other atmospheric gasses as the emittance bands overlap other gases...? I am eager to hear this one..

Last edited:
We lost SSDD, but we now have Billy to to carry on his "photons can't move from cold to hot" cult fairy tales.

Yes, Billy here is claiming that molecules are intelligent entities which know if they're emitting towards a warmer surface, and which put on the brakes if they see such a warmer surface ahead of them, even if it's a thousand light years away. Violates pretty much every law of physics and causality out there, but when has that ever stopped a denier?

Sky Dragon Slayers are among the dumbest human beings on the planet. Billy is their representative here. He's a openly nuts, yet most of the deniers here still kiss his ass. In Denierstan, cult loyalty overrides everything else. It doesn't matter how stupid, crazy or immoral a fellow denier is, you are still required to back him up, period.

Once again Mampoop fails at basic physics... Energy is emitted from all matter/molecules. Please tell me how they discerned which photons were from CO2 and which were from the earths other atmospheric gasses as the emittance bands overlap other gases...? I am eager to hear this one..

That's not entirely true. Dark matter doesn't emit anything as far as we can tell.

As for detecting CO2 with photons, they call it spectrometry, bubba. You didn't know this? Huh.

That's not entirely true. Dark matter doesn't emit anything as far as we can tell.

As for detecting CO2 with photons, they call it spectrometry, bubba. You didn't know this? Huh.
A Spectrometer CAN NOT differentiate a photon emitted by O2 and Photon emitted by CO2. Their wave patters are the same because they are emitted at the same wavelength.

Epic Fail

Try again to show me how they differentiated the two..

There are several gases which emit at the areas CO2 emits. The wave length is determined by the temperature resonance of the molecule. It would be good for you all to review the spectral bandpass of earths atmospheric gases..

Last edited:
co2-atmospheric_transmission.png

O2, Ozone, Water Vapor, NO2 are just a few. So which ones were being registered on the sensors that were cooled below 78K? All of the gasses are much warmer than that, so all will emit toward the sensor.

Billy, none of what you posted has jack to do with you being a barking kook who is pushing a theory that violates multiple basic laws of physics and causality.

Tell us more about your kook theory. How does a molecule know not to emit a photon towards an empty spot in space ten-light years away that a star will drift into in 10 years? Does each molecule have a little computer built in, complete with a galaxy-scanning supersensor?

Billy, none of what you posted has jack to do with you being a barking kook who is pushing a theory that violates multiple basic laws of physics and causality.

Tell us more about your kook theory. How does a molecule know not to emit a photon towards an empty spot in space ten-light years away that a star will drift into in 10 years? Does each molecule have a little computer built in, complete with a galaxy-scanning supersensor?
holy crap, did you write this crap? When can you write something of value? Oh wait, you can't. LOL

You are totally clueless.. You have no concept of Photons or the speed of light distances they travel. I wonder if you will ask those who did the CO2 study how they discerned which photons were emitted by NO2? Or O2? Or... All the gasses I mentioned emit at the same wavelength (Frequency) that their sensor was tuned to detect and cooled below the level of the emitter so that it could see the photon at the right frequency.

You dont have a dam clue about the physics of it... You probably think a cooler body can warm a warmer body...

The source of photons from those gases can be determined by the spectrum they emit. He's not the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. That would be you Billy Boy.

The source of photons from those gases can be determined by the spectrum they emit. He's not the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. That would be you Billy Boy.

Re-read what i posted Crick... That same spectrum is emitted by other gases. How did they discern which gas emitted them? And that is my point!

Forum List

Back