First Clear Lead of The Campaign -- Advantage Obama

no it's not a start, oversight? my ass, they could have had oversight a long time ago when Greenspan and McCain sounded the alarms...

McCain's Economic Adviser is ex-Texas Sen. Phil Gramm. On Dec. 15, 2000, hours before Congress was to leave for Christmas recess, Gramm had a 262-page amendment slipped into the appropriations bill. It forbade federal agencies to regulate the financial derivatives that greased the skids for passing along risky mortgage-backed securities to investors. And that, my friends, is why everything's falling apart. That is why the taxpayers are now on the hook for the follies of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Bear Stearns and now the insurance giant AIG to the tune of $700 billion.

Once again you partisan hack Bush has almost nothing to do with it and never has. Congress is to blame and remind me who runs congress and who in 2003 REFUSED to change regulations when Bush ask them to? Which party was it that blocked those changes then? And which party was it that spent the last 40 years making it easier and easier for people unable to repay loans to not only get them but make institutions required to GIVE them?

You are as dumb as a box of rocks.

No sure, Bush is as dumb as a box of rocks and you voted for him twice so what does that say about you?

Why would any American vote for these results?

Perpetual War, Mismanaging of Federal Treasury Funds, and Fear Mongering.

Increased Governmental $pending while cutting Taxes to the Wealthy.

$9 ($11?)Trillion Dollar National Debt.

Privatizing Profits while Socializing the Bailouts of failed Corporations.

Unfair Taxation of the Middle Class.

High prices for GASOLINE, Electricity, and Everything Else!

High Medical Costs and Prescription Drugs.

Bank Failures and Record Home Forclusures.

Invasion of Privacy, and disregard for our Constitution.

Religious Hypocrisy and Abuse of Tax Laws.

Repeal of Habeas Corpus and personal privacy.

Politicalization of the Justice Department.

Degradation of our Infrastructure.

Decline in US stature and respect of the World Community.

???

Did you read the article in the NY Times in 2003 where the Bush administration set forth legislation to reign in Fannie & Freddie, & where democrat Barney Franks blocked the bill & actually quoted as stating there was nothing wrong with Freddie & Fannie!

That was 5 years ago.

Do you actually believe that taking more tax dollars out of business is going to help "main street"? Tax hikes=job losses

You were asked yesterday what onerous riders were put on that bill...

have you answered yet?

If not, I'm not interested.

You were asked yesterday what onerous riders were put on that bill...

have you answered yet?

If not, I'm not interested.

You ae not interested because you KNOW tax increases are BAD for the economy. TAXING business more dries up jobs and forces companies to move or close down. YOU know that any tax will be directly dumped on the consumer, as in the working public and you know that a Wind fall tax plan will be felt at the pumps and in peoples wallets.

You don't care though because you are a partisan hack.

You ae not interested because you KNOW tax increases are BAD for the economy. TAXING business more dries up jobs and forces companies to move or close down. YOU know that any tax will be directly dumped on the consumer, as in the working public and you know that a Wind fall tax plan will be felt at the pumps and in peoples wallets.

You don't care though because you are a partisan hack.

Nope... I'm not interested because if you don't know what else was in there, you don't know why the bill was rejected. Sorry... just how it is.

As for "taxes" which, for some reason I can't fathom, you insist on returning to even though it was irrelevant to this thread... I know no such thing. The repubs have this warped idea that somehow tax savings awarded to corporatists will trickle down to the little people. You believe this DESPITE thirty years of it being proven to be a lie.

What is BAD for the economy is cutting taxes during wartime and living on the national credit card. Your guys suck at money management.

I don't know either candidates precise position but here is what Obama is saying:

It's a start, anyway....

And how is that better than what McCain is saying?

"Further inaction is simply not an option," McCain said in brief remarks to reporters, his first news conference in more than a month. "We must pass legislation to address this crisis. If we do not, credit will dry up, with devastating consequences for our economy. People will no longer be able to buy homes and their life savings will be at stake. Businesses will not have enough money to pay their employees."

He called the proposed bailout a "staggering" figure that amounts to a $10,000 contribution for each U.S. household, money that could otherwise be used to rebuild roads and bridges in every town in the country. To protect taxpayers, he asked for a bipartisan board to provide oversight, a plan to recover the money, a cap on compensation for executives of firms that are helped by the bailout and a ban on earmarks on the legislation.

McCain stopped short of saying he would vote "no" if his priorities weren't reflected. He said he was confident the final plan would include them.

While members of Congress have agreed in principle on aspects of the administration's proposal, many Democrats and some Republicans, like McCain, have insisted the plan deny "golden parachute" payments to executives at failing financial firms.

"In any solution, we must see accountability, we must see transparency and we must make sure taxpayers' dollars don't line the pockets of executives," McCain said earlier Tuesday while campaigning in Ohio.

More...

And just to get back to the initial point of the OP:

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 Email to a FriendAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Barack Obama attracting 49% of the vote while John McCain earns 47%. It’s the first time in more than two weeks that Obama has enjoyed a lead larger than a single percentage point (see trends). Both men are now viewed favorably by 55% and Rasmussen Markets data currently gives Obama a 54.4% chance of victory (see market results for key states).

Forty-one percent (41%) say they are certain to vote for Obama and will not change their mind. Forty percent (40%) say the same about McCain. The remaining 19% are the candidates’ target audience for Friday night’s debate.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

It's anyone's game to win or lose. The debates are going to tell the story...

Forum List

Back