Firefox 57 is there

Isn't my Brave Browser beautiful?

Brave-Homescreen.png

And who the fuck really cares........ :lol:

I tried it. Good gawd what a not-ready-for-prime-time mess. Once installed it opened up, I started experimenting but closed the whole thing thinking I was just closing a tab. Learning curve, no big deal, right?

Then I couldn't find it. No shortcut on the desktop, nothing in the program list, couldn't even find it in Program files on the C disk. As if the installation I know I just did --- never happened. :wtf:

After an internet search -- others had the same question -- found the exe file in some arcane path I never would have guessed, created shortcuts, opened up and tweaked preferences, then imported data from Firefox. Brave just sat there, no indication anything was happening, offering to "restart now", which didn't respond. After a long wait suddenly it says "data imported successfully". Guess there was something going on after all. Who knew. Then tried to restart, would not respond. Sat there and bricked for a long time, finally crashed.

Every time I've tried to open it since, it crashes. Won't respond to anything and according to Task Manager is opening eight different processes gulping up memory. I have yet to find a way to use it at all. I surmise it's called "Brave" because that's what you have to be to try doing something with it. I just call it "Not Responding".
That's what ya get for using Windows.......... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Isn't my Brave Browser beautiful?

Brave-Homescreen.png

And who the fuck really cares........ :lol:

I tried it. Good gawd what a not-ready-for-prime-time mess. Once installed it opened up, I started experimenting but closed the whole thing thinking I was just closing a tab. Learning curve, no big deal, right?

Then I couldn't find it. No shortcut on the desktop, nothing in the program list, couldn't even find it in Program files on the C disk. As if the installation I know I just did --- never happened. :wtf:

After an internet search -- others had the same question -- found the exe file in some arcane path I never would have guessed, created shortcuts, opened up and tweaked preferences, then imported data from Firefox. Brave just sat there, no indication anything was happening, offering to "restart now", which didn't respond. After a long wait suddenly it says "data imported successfully". Guess there was something going on after all. Who knew. Then tried to restart, would not respond. Sat there and bricked for a long time, finally crashed.

Every time I've tried to open it since, it crashes. Won't respond to anything and according to Task Manager is opening eight different processes gulping up memory. I have yet to find a way to use it at all. I surmise it's called "Brave" because that's what you have to be to try doing something with it. I just call it "Not Responding".
That's what ya get for using Windows.......... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Touché, well played. :bow3:

Forum List

Back