Fired? For following company policy?

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
A clinic manager in New York was fired for following PP policy? Sucks to be this manager.

Planned Parenthood fires employee in controversial video - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A Planned Parenthood clinic manager has been fired for behavior captured on an undercover video made by an anti-abortion group, a Planned Parenthood spokesman said on Wednesday.

The video recorded at a central New Jersey clinic was made by Live Action, which says it shows Planned Parenthood trying to cover up sexual abuse and sex trafficking.

The footage, recorded January 13, shows the manager discussing abortion, sexually transmitted disease testing and contraception with people posing as a pimp and prostitute and coaching them to lie about their age and other information, according to Live Action.

The clinic manager was fired late on Tuesday, said Planned Parenthood spokesman Stuart Schear.

"The behavior we saw in the videotape was egregious and repugnant," he said, adding it was "completely inexplicable and inconsistent with what Planned Parenthood does."

Is that last part of the quote correct? What exactly was egregious and repugnant? The behavior or the fact that an anti-abortion group had the audacity to film the behavior?

Schear said the secret tapings were part of a large, coordinated national effort to take funding away from Planned Parenthood by creating controversy in the organization.

Earlier in January, Planned Parenthood said it alerted U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to the string of health-center visitors in a number of states that indicated involvement in sex trafficking of minors.

Seems to me like what is important to PP is the "coordinated national effort" against PP rather than the evidence shown on the tapes.

Immie

Planned parenthood has been an ill conceived organization from the beginning. Why don't they just change the name to show what they really are, a pro-abortion clinic and this is not the first time this kind of thing has been reported.

A clinic manager in New York was fired for following PP policy? Sucks to be this manager.

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A Planned Parenthood clinic manager has been fired for behavior captured on an undercover video made by an anti-abortion group, a Planned Parenthood spokesman said on Wednesday.

The video recorded at a central New Jersey clinic was made by Live Action, which says it shows Planned Parenthood trying to cover up sexual abuse and sex trafficking.

The footage, recorded January 13, shows the manager discussing abortion, sexually transmitted disease testing and contraception with people posing as a pimp and prostitute and coaching them to lie about their age and other information, according to Live Action.

The clinic manager was fired late on Tuesday, said Planned Parenthood spokesman Stuart Schear.

"The behavior we saw in the videotape was egregious and repugnant," he said, adding it was "completely inexplicable and inconsistent with what Planned Parenthood does."

Is that last part of the quote correct? What exactly was egregious and repugnant? The behavior or the fact that an anti-abortion group had the audacity to film the behavior?

Schear said the secret tapings were part of a large, coordinated national effort to take funding away from Planned Parenthood by creating controversy in the organization.

Earlier in January, Planned Parenthood said it alerted U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to the string of health-center visitors in a number of states that indicated involvement in sex trafficking of minors.

Seems to me like what is important to PP is the "coordinated national effort" against PP rather than the evidence shown on the tapes.

Immie

Are they saying that the person saying those things as a worker was a "plant" ???

Immie

Are they saying that the person saying those things as a worker was a "plant" ???

Not according to what I have read. They are saying the employee did something that was "egregious and repugnant" yet they attack those who brought it to light... go figure!

Immie

From your article...

"Planned Parenthood said it notified authorities in New Jersey after the January 13 visit and contacted national authorities after similar unusual visits occurred in at least 12 centers in six states within one week.

Planned Parenthood said the FBI is reviewing evidence and photos.
"

From your article...

"Planned Parenthood said it notified authorities in New Jersey after the January 13 visit and contacted national authorities after similar unusual visits occurred in at least 12 centers in six states within one week.

Planned Parenthood said the FBI is reviewing evidence and photos.
"

Yes?

Isn't that what I said? They are blaming the messenger not the manager.

Immie

I don't know...It just looks like there's more going on here than meets the eye. :dunno:

I don't know...It just looks like there's more going on here than meets the eye. :dunno:

Of course there is! It comes from the media doesn't it? I don't care which direction the slant ;) is there is definitely a slant.

For me? I don't think Stuart Schear is being honest. I believe they fired the manager because he/she got caught not because of what the manager said or did. He actually has the audacity to blame Live Action for what his own management did? Takes gonads to do that if you ask me.

Immie

Planned parenthood has been an ill conceived organization from the beginning. Why don't they just change the name to show what they really are, a pro-abortion clinic and this is not the first time this kind of thing has been reported.

Pro abortion is a term coined by anti-abortionists to make out that those who support choice are proactive and 'like' the idea. I have yet to meet a pro-abortionist - including the three women I know of who have had one....

Pro abortion is a term coined by anti-abortionists to make out that those who support choice are proactive and 'like' the idea. I have yet to meet a pro-abortionist - including the three women I know of who have had one....

You are absolutely correct, but let's be honest here, Pro-choice people do the same thing when they call people who are pro-life, anti-choice. It goes both ways.

I have never met anyone that is "pro-abortion" although I suspect that people like Patricia Ireland of NOW and the lady that used to run NARAL, don't remember her name, as well as the lady that runs or used to run Emily's List are "pro-abortion". Then there is Margaret Sanger who founded PP. But, the vast majority of Pro-choice people are not all that different than Pro-life people. I really believe that most of us would prefer not to kill the unborn, but those who support "choice", as defined by this issue, believe that the government has no place in this discussion. In some respects, I understand that agrument. On the other hand, I happen to believe that one of the most important functions of the government is to protect and defend life.

Immie

Immie

PP had an obligation to notify law enforcement EVERY time an adult showed up and seemed to be engaged in trafficking. What they should be doing now, rather than bitching about "gotcha" journalism, is auditing and training to assure no other PP employee breaks the law as that clinic manager did.

This could be a moment for them to capture greater public support, and they're blowing it by behaving defensively, IMO.

You are absolutely correct, but let's be honest here, Pro-choice people do the same thing when they call people who are pro-life, anti-choice. It goes both ways.

I have never met anyone that is "pro-abortion" although I suspect that people like Patricia Ireland of NOW and the lady that used to run NARAL, don't remember her name, as well as the lady that runs or used to run Emily's List are "pro-abortion". Then there is Margaret Sanger who founded PP. But, the vast majority of Pro-choice people are not all that different than Pro-life people. I really believe that most of us would prefer not to kill the unborn, but those who support "choice", as defined by this issue, believe that the government has no place in this discussion. In some respects, I understand that agrument. On the other hand, I happen to believe that one of the most important functions of the government is to protect and defend life.

Immie

Nobody calls pro-lifers anti-choicers.

What the fuck? I am forced to defend Planned Parenthood in tow different threads because people cannot read?

Planned Parenthood is, ultimately, about abortions. They are not, however, about abusing children, or prostitution. As much as it pains me to admit it, they believe in what they are doing, and they are there to protect women from exploitation. I may not follow the logic, or fully support them, but they do do good work.

Their policy obviously involves following the law, and assisting in the exploitation of minors, and in prostitution, is illegal. What the woman who was fired did was egregious because it violated those principles.

I wonder why people keep saying that, are they ashamed of their positions?

The debate is about abortion, and there are three basic positions. You are either for it, against it, or somewhere in between. Euphemisms might make you feel better, but to claim that no one is pro abortion simply because you are not willing to take a stand is disingenuous.

Forum List

Back