Fired? For following company policy?

What the fuck? I am forced to defend Planned Parenthood in tow different threads because people cannot read?

Planned Parenthood is, ultimately, about abortions. They are not, however, about abusing children, or prostitution. As much as it pains me to admit it, they believe in what they are doing, and they are there to protect women from exploitation. I may not follow the logic, or fully support them, but they do do good work.

Their policy obviously involves following the law, and assisting in the exploitation of minors, and in prostitution, is illegal. What the woman who was fired did was egregious because it violated those principles.

Gotta disagree with you here, QW. This is not the first time that they have been caught doing this and how many times have they done it and not been exposed?

I do agree with you, though, that PP does do some good things outside the realm of abortion.

Immie

I really believe that most of us would prefer not to kill the unborn, but those who support "choice", as defined by this issue, believe that the government has no place in this discussion. In some respects, I understand that agrument. On the other hand, I happen to believe that one of the most important functions of the government is to protect and defend life.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I, too, don't believe it's "preferred" to kill the unborn and/or it's taken lightly. And I agree that the government doesn't have a right to say what is done with my body.
Where I disagree is the protecting and defending life. When exactly is it considered life? When the sperm hits the egg? When the heart begins to beat? Is the yolk of an egg considered "life" before it turns into a chick?

On top of that, what about defending the right to say what grows in ones body that wasn't asked to be planted? Or the consequences of bearing that life if it can kill the "carrier" due to "possible or probable malfunction" of carrying it?

I really believe that most of us would prefer not to kill the unborn, but those who support "choice", as defined by this issue, believe that the government has no place in this discussion. In some respects, I understand that agrument. On the other hand, I happen to believe that one of the most important functions of the government is to protect and defend life.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I, too, don't believe it's "preferred" to kill the unborn and/or it's taken lightly. And I agree that the government doesn't have a right to say what is done with my body.
Where I disagree is the protecting and defending life. When exactly is it considered life? When the sperm hits the egg? When the heart begins to beat? Is the yolk of an egg considered "life" before it turns into a chick?

On top of that, what about defending the right to say what grows in ones body that wasn't asked to be planted? Or the consequences of bearing that life if it can kill the "carrier" due to "possible or probable malfunction" of carrying it?

I suspect that you and I will disagree on my answer to this and quite frankly I'm okay with that. I would really prefer not to get into that discussion again, because I am certain it will not lead to the changing of either one of our minds.

I believe science backs me up when I state that from the moment of conception on, the embryo... fetus... etc. is, was, and always will be a human being. In my humble opinion, when life actually begins is irrelevant. What matters to me is whether or not this is a human being and no one will ever convince me that it might be a chimpanzee!

I realize that you may have a difference of opinion from me and obviously, the legal system in the U.S. does not seem to agree with me. That being said, I don't always believe that the legal system is right in everything it does.

Immie

In his defense, maybe he meant that people who read/write for the Daily Kos, The Nation and Mother Jones are "nobody's"???

:tongue:

I, too, don't believe it's "preferred" to kill the unborn and/or it's taken lightly.
Women having multiple abortions reaches record high - Times Online

And I agree that the government doesn't have a right to say what is done with my body.

It's not your body. It's a distinct human organism- another human life. You fail biology 101.
Where I disagree is the protecting and defending life. When exactly is it considered life?

Scientifically? By definition? Both germ cells are alive. Conception marks the beginning of a new human life- the creation of a new living human organism.

Any more stupid questions?
On top of that, what about defending the right to say what grows in ones body that wasn't asked to be planted?

Take a pill within 72 hours of the rape and odds of pregnancy are extremely low.

- Rape or Incest <0.5%
Why Do Women Have Abortions?

Why can't you people be honest?

Is this legit this time, or is this as bogus as when the exact same thing happened two years ago?

Forum List

Back