Fire This Judge

I love Posner. He is awesome. Why would you want him fired? Is this your first encounter with him?

I love Posner. He is awesome. Why would you want him fired? Is this your first encounter with him?
He is anti-Constutition. Does that reflect your opinion?

Actually, he is not "anti-constitution". He regularly trolls the Supreme Court. If this is your initial encounter with him then I'm sure you must be shocked. Read the article in context.

Actually, he is not "anti-constitution". He regularly trolls the Supreme Court. If this is your initial encounter with him then I'm sure you must be shocked. Read the article in context
I don't need to. I heard the direct quotes regarding his disdain for our constitution. "Don't consider it for even a few seconds." That's all we need to know. He took an oath on our Constutition to uphold it. He needs to be impeached.

Actually, he is not "anti-constitution". He regularly trolls the Supreme Court. If this is your initial encounter with him then I'm sure you must be shocked. Read the article in context
I don't need to. I heard the direct quotes regarding his disdain for our constitution. "Don't consider it for even a few seconds." That's all we need to know. He took an oath on our Constutition to uphold it. He needs to be impeached.

And on another note about academia and practical law, I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation (across the centuries—well, just a little more than two centuries, and of course less for many of the amendments). Eighteenth-century guys, however smart, could not foresee the culture, technology, etc., of the 21st century. Which means that the original Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the post–Civil War amendments (including the 14th), do not speak to today. David Strauss is right: The Supreme Court treats the Constitution like it is authorizing the court to create a common law of constitutional law, based on current concerns, not what those 18th-century guys were worrying about.

In short, let's not let the dead bury the living.

And on another note about academia and practical law, I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation

Why not? That is the job of one who takes an oath to uphold the Constitution.

Eighteenth-century guys, however smart, could not foresee the culture, technology, etc., of the 21st century. Which means that the original Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the post–Civil War amendments (including the 14th), do not speak to today.

Whether it does or does not is irrelevant. It is the law - the only binding contract between the States - and remains the law until repealed by the mandated process by a majority of the States.

I agree with some of what he wrote, particularly the part about law professors not having any practical experience. They are strictly academia and have zero idea how the real world works.

Forum List

Back