Finally some signs of life on the republican idea front

You guys on the left have the intellectual nimbleness of a brick wall. There is such a staleness,a reflexive ness, a boring sameness to anything you guys post. Let me help you out. The op is about someone starting to talk about ideas, positions, and hint at platforms. I am the first to admit that repubs have their minds in cement so far and are coasting on the very fertile anti Obama campaign. That will not get in done in2016 maybe not even in 2014 so repubs need to cultivate a message. Christie is addressing Americans biggest fear which is the demise of the middle class, that is a winning strategy f you can effectively convey the message. And I only mentioned it as a sign of life for repubs not some kind of transformation. How the one percent or or borrowed liberal idealism gets into the conversation I don't know. All that seems to be happening is that USMB has a legion of liberals whose sole purpose is to launch pre emptive personal attacks on anything republican or the people that might espouse anything republican. The vacuum of original liberal thinking only points to a limitless upside for republicans if they can recognize winning strategies and have the courage to follow,through on them and have a Reagan like person to carry the flag.

Want to emphasize this

What was the reason that Christie gave the taxpayers of New Jersey when he forced them to spend 24 million dollars on a special election just weeks before their general election last year?

Was that reason a straight shot......from a straight shooter?

"There is not just income equality in this country there is opportunity inequality" says gov Chris Christie on Fox News tonight. Finally someone is talking about ideas. Run with it boys and girls, 2016 is on like donkey kong.

Chris Christie would be my candidate! He isnt going to waiver. He knows how to negotiate. And people respect him!

Another ginormous FAIL

-Geaux

"There is not just income equality in this country there is opportunity inequality" says gov Chris Christie on Fox News tonight. Finally someone is talking about ideas. Run with it boys and girls, 2016 is on like donkey kong.

Christie will never win in 2016. Kasich and Gingrich can.

The nice thing about Christie and Bush is that they will box out the far right RINOs who stupidly think the other 88% of America wants, or can be led to want, their 1950s vision of a culturally McCCarthyite America.

The Christie-wing of the Party, that is, the Democrat Wanna-bees, failed in 2008 and 2012. If Republicans run Christie he'll lose 545, 56 states and won't even carry his home state.

I apparently am missing a lot, not a surprise to many I am sure.

With democrat rule for the last 8 years are we really happy? Sure doesn't seem like it. After 8 years of democrat rule with 6 of it under Obama is the country really getting better? We talk of the demise of the middle class as if it is the Republicans who have been in charge. As if what the democrats have been doing has helped the middle class yet society shows what they have done has not, so why continue?

Of course the come back will be that the Republicans have blocked everything Obama wanted to do. Yet the NYT is reporting on the front page that Obama has delivered on the majority of what he promised. Really conflicting views of the world. I say that the NYT is right, to our demise.

Remember the hay days for the middle class? Remember the economic growth that Reagan started after the malaise of Jimmy Carter? Or the economy under Clinton with a Republican lead Congress? Remember when everything went to crap and who controlled Congress? Apparently many don't remember any of that history.

Just the other day Mac posted that the Republican party didn't have a vision and implied they had no platform. I have put three links in my signature line to exactly that, has anyone bothered to look? It took me exactly 5 minutes to find all three and people say they can't find it, really?

There have been Republicans discussing ideas all along. Opportunity won't increase until the economy does. The economy won't increase until business does. The government cannot legislate wealth into existence. Printing money doesn't create wealth.

There will be a pop quiz on this in a few days.

Christie ... the Dem in Repub clothing. There is plenty of opportunity for ALL. It's a matter of self-motivation; personal planning; inner desire; and hard work/effort. The folks complaining that they don't have an opportunity are the ones sitting on their asses waiting for something to fall into their laps.

Christie was interviewed by Chris Wallace on foxes Sunday news show. Wallace asked a lot of pointed questions and Christie was sharp, on point, and svelte. I didn't feel as if he was quite as bull in a china shop in your face as he has been characterized in this interview. I am not promoting or hating on Christie, I am just pleasantly surprised that some of the potential repub pres candidates are throwing out some trial balloons for the repub message. I hope it gets contagious
It sounding like Christie and Jeb Bush are going to be the names to watch in the primaries. Bush has been out of the limelight for sometime which might work in his favor. Christie's quarantine may well blow up in his face or it may show him up as a forward thinking leader. Holding this nurse who's been fighting the spread of Ebola quarantined in a tent for 3 days is not likely to buy him any votes. She is leaving N.J. for Maine. It will be interesting to see how she's treated there.

Judging from some of the tweets I have seen, I expect other returning healthcare workers to be pretty vocal on the subject of quarantine in the US.

This is your idea of signs of life?

"Income inequality" and "opportunity inequality" are problems.

Where are the Republican solutions?

Boy I tell ya, just hint that the republican brain might have some signs of life and it stirs up a hornets nest on the left. I think this is telling, liberals know how precarious their position is, that's not me saying that it is leftist commentators that say the republicans should be even farther ahead. Failure is stamped on the foreheads of the democratic elite(Obama, Pelosi, Reid). So you have the party faithful launching pre emptive strikes on republican point people because there is nothing in the tank for them. Sixty six percent think the country is going in the wrong direction. People are finally realizing that supporting Obama policies and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The only thing left for diehard liberals is sound and fury as they try to shout down those using common sense.

The door is wide open, who is going to step through it?

For the record these guys cannot win. Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, bobby Jindal, Bill Maher. Just seeing if your listening.

Forum List

Back