Finally President Obama calls in the Marines!

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Looks like President Obama has finally had enough of people shoving us Americans around, killing our ambassadors, bombing and burning our consulates, attacking our troops all over the world, etc.

Today our Commander in Chief finally called in the finest fighting force our country has to offer: The United States Marines. And he gave them a job worthy of their long and honorable history of working the hardest, training the best, and fighting the toughest battles any enemy has been able to offer.

Barack-Obama-Marine-umbrella-620x362.jpeg

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take … an umbrella?

No big deal folks. A Marine is always a Marine no matter where he is or what he's doing. Holding an umbrella for the President does not diminish his strength, his courage or his character. The young man in dress blues may have been in combat just weeks ago. At the moment, he is assigned to more mundane tasks which include doing whatever the President desires. I am not an Obama supporter, but I don't think he misused the Marine. I imagine it is easier to make a speech when someone else is holding the umbrella. If I could have someone by my side, I would want a Marine to be there.

The Professor - Former member of 2nd ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gun Fire Liaison Company), USMC.

when are you liarberals going to turn loose of Bush ??

i could find photos of every damn democRAT from FDR to present who were sheltered in the same or similar way.

turn loose libs, before this sickening obsession kills you !! :up:

I thought protocol stated that Marines cannot carry umbrellas while in uniform. Oh well, I guess no one else was available.

Looks like President Obama has finally had enough of people shoving us Americans around, killing our ambassadors, bombing and burning our consulates, attacking our troops all over the world, etc.

Today our Commander in Chief finally called in the finest fighting force our country has to offer: The United States Marines. And he gave them a job worthy of their long and honorable history of working the hardest, training the best, and fighting the toughest battles any enemy has been able to offer.

You know, you have to love the Marines, and this guy in particular. His expression is priceless.

He is saying, "Yeah, the guy is full of shit. But you do something stupid, I'm going to remove your colon with this fucking umbrella!"....

You know, you have to love the Marines, and this guy in particular. His expression is priceless.

He is saying, "Yeah, the guy is full of shit. But you do something stupid, I'm going to remove your colon with this fucking umbrella!"....

Actually I think he was saying "Mr President we've had your ass covered so when are you going to cover us?"

Heard that today on The Five. Made me laugh

Here you go soldier.

What's this for sir?

To hold over the Presedient. It's raining.

Tell him to hold his own fucking unbrella....sir.

Marines have always been the bodyguards of the ELITE CLASS, lad.

Their primary purpose of the Marines contingent on board naval vessels has ALWAYS been to protect the officer class from the enlisted sailors.

Where do you think the dismissing phase: " Tell it to the Marines" comes from?

It comes from the contempt of the common sailor for the bodyguards of their masters, lad.

It suggests that from a seaman's POV, the Marines have no function on board ship other than to serve as bodyguards for their masters.

Their primary purpose of the Marines contingent on board naval vessels has ALWAYS been to protect the officer class from the enlisted sailors.

It comes from the contempt of the common sailor for the bodyguards of their masters, lad.

It suggests that from a seaman's POV, the Marines have no function on board ship other than to serve as bodyguards for their masters.

what a dopey looking picture

--LOL

I knew a Marine who'd served embassy duty for a tour of duty.

IN ou-la-la PARIS, no less.

Believe it or not this young man hated that duty, he hated Paris, and he was THRILLED to be assigned back into a combat unit whose soul duty was to prepare for combat at some date to be decided in the future.

FWIW he could easily have been a poster-Marine, his shit was so squared away and four-oh.

He also could easily have been a male model which is why I suspect he got that Embassy duty in the first place.

Who tells you these things?

There were no civilian aides available to perform the duty.

It's just another example for his disdain of the men assigned to protect the White House.

Forum List

Back