Finally Laser Missile defense...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, May 7, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/401978|top|05-07-2004::08:06|reuters.html

Definitely a good thing for the defense of this country as well as Israel and other countries that face possible missile threats. With Kim Jong Il selling Long range missiles to the highest bidder, this is definitely a good thing.

2. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Finally, trillions of dollars later, we are finally safe from the Soviets!

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    No Reagan took care of the soviets with the mere threat of SDI. Having completed it allows us to defend against unknown enemies from anywhere on the globe.

4. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Right, unknown enemies with ICBMs. Sure.

That's right, the Soviets didn't fail because Communism failed, they failed because Regean kept threatening to break his treaty obligations and put the entire world at risk of nuclear destruction.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

You see NK selling to the highest bidder? Who do you think is in the market for some Long range missiles? PErhaps Al Queda? And where is Al Queda located? All over the globe? Ahh i see the answer was rhetorical.

That is correct sir. Reagan forced the Soviets hand. Instead of creating a nuclear freeze of which only the US would have been expected to uphold, Reagan told the soviets to disarm or else. If left uncontested like in the previous Administration, the Soviets could have gained more land and more countries to further its strength and resources so that it could sustain itself longer. Reagan simply sped up the process by calling them on the Evil Empire that they were. This resulted in no new land being attained b the Soviets which forced them to rely on their depleting resources that they were scrambling to use to create more weapons to further establish their reign of terror.

So yes Communism would have failed, but would it have happened in 1989 had Reagan not stood up to them.

6. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I suppose Al Qaeda has missile silos all over the world, too. You know, an ICBM isn't exactly a shoulder fired missile.

That's a nice little piece of revisionist history, where'd you pick that one up from? Disarm - or what? Or else WHAT?

You mean how Reagan left Iraq uncontested, allowing them to amass a huge arsenal of WMD to murder people with?

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Perhaps you should go back and take a look at what happened.

Yes compare iraq to The Soviet Union thats cute. Besides i thought he didnt have WMDs according to you guys? I thought that was a lie? Is that why we have the shift towards Bush is killing civilians?

8. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Gee, have you ever heard of a little thing called "time?" You see, the way "time" works is that things change, and what is "today" may not have been "yesterday." Are you getting it yet? You're probably wondering what "time" has to do with anything - this is it. You see, 20 years ago, when Reagan armed Hussein with WMD, was a different "time." The WMD that Hussein had in the 80's and early 90's can't hurt us now , you have nothing to worry about. Do you understand now? How time works? How someone might be able to have WMD in the 80's that he can't hurt people with in the 00's because he doesn't have any WMD in the 00's? Do you get it now? See, now that wasn't too hard, was it? Now when people remark that no WMD have been found, you'll understand that what they mean is no WMD have been found in this time.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I guess i don't when i have the whole world telling me that he has WMD's and that nukes are on the way. When France, Germany, the UN, Clinton, Kerry, Teddy Kennedy along with the CIA, Powell, Condi and Bush are telling me that Iraq has WMDs and is going to have nukes, i usually tend to listen.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    I see so. since we are no longer threatened by the soviets we shouldnt develop a missle defense in case some rogue dictator like Castro got Nukes and tried to hold the world hostage?

If we used that logic with the gun, the bullet proof vest never would have been built.