Finally! I've been saying this for two years! The Reagan/Palin Connection.

Ridicule and Disdain: The Reagan-Palin Connection - Big Government

I RECOGNIZED THIS TWO YEARS AGO, when Palin was first nominated. The same disdain and contempt poured on her and STILL being poured on her is the same disdain they poured on Reagan.

Reagan was a "dunce." Reagan was "just an actor." Reagan couldn't possibly lead. He would get us in a war. Blah blah blah.

But all the elitists were wrong, and he turned out to the THE BEST PRESIDENT HIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.

Reagan did the things the experts said couldn't be done, like STOPPING COMMUNISM. Experts said only "containment" was possible. Reagan didn't contain. He confronted. And all the MORON LEFTISTS wrung their hands and said he was leading us to war, and all the leftists WERE, ONCE AGAIN, DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I watched all this start to unfold 34 years ago, when Reagan ran in 1976. I was only 14 and even then I knew Reagan was the man to get this country out of the mess Carter had put us in.

Well the same situation is happening. The president the elites told us would solve everything (Barack Obama, MMM MMM MMM!) is a collosal failure.

Will liberal morons turn out to be wrong again, and Palin be the one to pull us out?

Don't be fooled conservatives, when the experts, the media, the "wizards of schmart" tell us someone is an idiot. They said the same about Reagan.

The American people didn't listen to those fixated on "being in the smart club" and the American people turned out to be right.

Learn a little lesson from history, and stop worrying about what the media says about Palin.

;)

Palin, in a recent speech, couldn't even be bothered to check her facts about Ronald Reagan, specifically, his college alma mater. Oh the irony...

yeah, and our CIC couldn't even take the time to learn how to pronounce, corpsman.:eusa_shhh:

Oh the disgusting POS.

It's pretty pathetic. The last time I checked neither Palin nor Reagan needed teleprompters to give a speech.

Obama, breaks down to UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, every time he goes off teleprompter.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Palin, in a recent speech, couldn't even be bothered to check her facts about Ronald Reagan, specifically, his college alma mater. Oh the irony...
I know! She even said the U.S. had 57 states!

Oh wait..

Oh wait...we're not talking about Obama, are we...

The IRONY is that Sarah Palin is no Ronald Reagan. He had some brains. All she's got is a nice ass.

Thank you communist. That's what the communists always called the US.
Yeah....the Great White Brother always has better-ideas.​

:rolleyes:

Look, you outed yourself, as an America hating commie. You can run away now.
.....And, Reagan was still responsible for Genocide, in Central America.

"As ambassador to Honduras from 1981 to 1985, Negroponte played a key role in US aid to the Contra death squads in Nicaragua and shoring up the brutal military dictatorship of General Gustavo Alvarez MartÃ*nez in Honduras. Between 1980 and 1994 U.S. military aid to Honduras jumped from $3.9 million to $77.4 million. Much of this went to ensure the Honduran army's loyalty in the battle against popular movements throughout Central America."

You had to live through it to recognize the metamorphosis. During those early days of June 2004, as the nation mourned the passing of Ronald Reagan, you would have never known he had been ridiculed and treated with disdain for most of his political career—not only by Democrats but by establishment Republicans. Frankly, I was stunned by the display of love and gratitude in 2004.

After two terms as California governor, Reagan took on Gerald Ford for the presidency in 1976. The entire Republican establishment opposed him. Ford was the sitting president, having achieved that position only by Senate appointment as vice president after Spiro Agnew resigned and then after Nixon was forced out of office by Watergate. He was not exactly the people’s choice. Again, the big guns came out to declare the challenger an extremist. It was an uphill battle, one that Reagan lost that year, only to claim the nomination four years later, this time defeating the establishment candidate George Bush.

Democrats in the 1980 campaign depicted Reagan as an idiot, a grade “B” movie actor who had starred with a chimpanzee, of all things.

The identical tactics used against Reagan are now being used against Sarah Palin. Even though she was McCain’s vice-presidential pick, and you could say that makes her “establishment” in one sense, she never was at home in that role. Neither did Republican insiders consider her to be one of them. The political professionals in the McCain campaign had little more than disdain for her; that became publicly obvious after the election.

In Alaska, she truly had been a disturber of the status quo within the Republican Party. She was guided more by principle than party loyalty. Even today, as her Facebook numbers rise and her influence is felt via endorsements for candidates running for both state offices and Congress, she is shunned by the establishment. The same type of people who considered Reagan a simpleton and a neanderthal have dubbed her “Caribou Barbie.”

Her faults? Well, she didn’t graduate from one of the approved universities. How can you be president if you didn’t graduate from either Harvard or Yale?

I RECOGNIZED THIS TWO YEARS AGO, when Palin was first nominated. The same disdain and contempt poured on her and STILL being poured on her is the same disdain they poured on Reagan.

Reagan was a "dunce." Reagan was "just an actor." Reagan couldn't possibly lead. He would get us in a war. Blah blah blah.

But all the elitists were wrong, and he turned out to the THE BEST PRESIDENT HIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.

Reagan did the things the experts said couldn't be done, like STOPPING COMMUNISM. Experts said only "containment" was possible. Reagan didn't contain. He confronted. And all the MORON LEFTISTS wrung their hands and said he was leading us to war, and all the leftists WERE, ONCE AGAIN, DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I watched all this start to unfold 34 years ago, when Reagan ran in 1976. I was only 14 and even then I knew Reagan was the man to get this country out of the mess Carter had put us in.

Well the same situation is happening. The president the elites told us would solve everything (Barack Obama, MMM MMM MMM!) is a collosal failure.

Will liberal morons turn out to be wrong again, and Palin be the one to pull us out?

Don't be fooled conservatives, when the experts, the media, the "wizards of schmart" tell us someone is an idiot. They said the same about Reagan.

The American people didn't listen to those fixated on "being in the smart club" and the American people turned out to be right.

Learn a little lesson from history, and stop worrying about what the media says about Palin.

;)

They said the same thing about Quayle.

And they were right.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

;)

Did she run in 57 states?

:lol::lol::lol:

The difference is, Obama' said "57 states" off the cuff. Palin's failure to know that Eureka College is in Illinois, not California, was part of her speech.

But hell, I couldn't care less if she thinks DC is a city in Maryland. I just think comparing her to Ronald Reagan is a huge stretch of the imagination. Reagan dotted his i's and crossed his t's. Palin can't answer simple questions, not because she doesn't want to, but because SHE DOESN'T KNOW.

Think about the Arnold event in CA. How Republicans wanted to change the constitution so he could become president.
Orrin Hatch even submitted a bill to that effect.

Take the actor from TN as well.
This is a common event for modern day republicans.

The "actor from Tennessee," Fred Thompson, was a lawyer and involved in politics to a certain degree before he became an actor...

Nothing new here..... isolate, ridicule and destroy. It's the same old politics of personal destruction.

Except, it ain't working... Look what they did with the Teaparty, first they were hicks, then they were idiots, then they were anti-government radials, then they were racists.... now... They're REPUBLICANS!!!

It's a joke. The radical left is being marginalized, even the left wingers are walking away from the fascist left wing nuts.

And of course the New Right hasn't been demonizing Obama and the Democrats at all. Right? Fucking hypocrites. You never disappoint. :lol:

It's pretty pathetic. The last time I checked neither Palin nor Reagan needed teleprompters to give a speech.

Obama, breaks down to UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, every time he goes off teleprompter.

Are you kidding? Reagan used teleprompters all the time.

president_reagan_gives_the_state_of_the_union_address_to_congress_1988.jpg

reagan.jpg

And Palin?

photo-palin-teleprompters-nra-charlotte.jpg

LOL, because she simply DOESN'T KNOW about where somone WENT TO COLLEGE.
But the Obama misspoke off the cuff about 57 states and how TO PROUNCE CORPSMAN.
you betcha.:lol:

The American people will decide if Palin is the one for them to run for President. and it will be a blast to see all the lefties heads EXPLODE if that should happen..

Last edited:
I know! She even said the U.S. had 57 states!

Oh wait..

Who the hell cares where Reagan went to college? WTF??????????

Ooooh, touching some nerves here. Righties get all upset over Palin criticism. :lol: Hurts when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot, eh? Tough shit. Deal with it.

The OP tries to imply that Sarah Palin deserves recognition for the "real" Sarah, and has been demonized just as Reagan was. My reference to her faux pas was directed more at the OP's hint that she can even hold a candle to Reagan.

;)

yeah, and our CIC couldn't even take the time to learn how to pronounce, corpsman.:eusa_shhh:

Oh the disgusting POS.

The children are all here, I see. I can leave now.

Oh the disgusting POS.

Reagan used teleprompters, but he preferred notes (just like McCain). Palin just uses her palms, and when she doesn't, refuses to answer questions, sticking to generalities and platitudes instead. Oh and bashing Obama. JUST LISTEN TO HER ONCE IN A WHILE. When she ever has something with teeth to say, send up a flare.

Funny how more PEOPLE are now listening to what Palin has to say than that boring, condescending, preaching, lying boyking.

I think that is what has the lefties all worried.

But the Obama misspoke off the cuff about 57 states and how TO PROUNCE CORPSMAN.

The American people will decide if Palin is the one for them to run for President. and it will be a blast to see all the lefties heads EXPLODE if that should happen..

Right. You win, little girl. Now run along, your mommie's calling and you can point and tell her you just beat up big bad Maggie. :lol:

Right. You win, little girl. Now run along, your mommie's calling and you can point and tell her you just beat up big bad Maggie. :lol:

I have no idea what the hell you are babbling about.
Oh well.

palin is never going to be president. I do hope she runs though and has to actually free form debate someone intelligent just so we can put her to rest once and for all.

palin is never going to be president. I do hope she runs though and has to actually free form debate someone intelligent just so we can put her to rest once and for all.

LOL, they said the same thing about Reagan. and you all saw how that turned out.:lol:

Sarah Palin and Ronald Reagan have one thing in common,

neither one of them will ever be our future president.

Palin is defended relentlessly by the right for two reasons

1) she's one of them and they have a cult like allegiance to their own.

2) they could never bring themselves to admit that they jumped on her bandwagon by mistake.

Forum List

Back