Finally!! I did it ...finally..

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Computer hell been going on. I couldn't get McAfee off my computer without crashing it. I HATE McAfee!!
(sorry to those that like/love it).
I can't stand for anything to take control of my computers...and I usually won't let go until I get it as I want it.

Finally did today. I am happy happy!

*knock on wood* that is is totally gone.. :lol:

Is it as invasive as McAfee, or Norton? I hate both of those. (again no offense to those that love them)

Depends on what you mean as invasive. I just downloaded it after getting it for 6 months free when I bought this pc (I got it about 4 years ago), and after that, it was 40 bucks per month. It scours everything in the background..even pics on a thread. Warns me when I wander where I shouldn't wander, bitchslaps malware without me even knowing it. I never see it at work except when it tells me to BACK UP NOW. It also scans when I google and lets me know which sites are safe in the list that pops up with a green check mark. Anything with a minus on it, means don't click it. I love my webroot!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I pretty much am getting that now. I was a beta tester for malwarebytes years back, so have a lifetime for it...and it takes care of everything...........but for a ''just in case'', I added Avast!

I like Avast. Never had a problem. I like AVG as well. I think malwarebytes takes care of most though.

I don't wanna deal with any of them. I want them to do their job and me not have to do anything. Webroot does that for me, lol.

That's what I like. Protect me, otherwise leave me alone....kinda how Gracie feels.

Every A/V program is only so good, none of them will stop everything. That said the best free A/Vs are Panda Free, Avast, AVG (which I personally think is as invasive as Norton) and Bitdefender.
Most independent labs don't rate VIPRE very high.

Malwarebytes is NOT and anti-virus program, it's a back up malware detector.

If you want further protection use Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit software that runs with your browser to help stop 0-day exploits.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit - Free Zero-Day Exploit Protection

Every A/V program is only so good, none of them will stop everything. That said the best free A/Vs are Panda Free, Avast, AVG (which I personally think is as invasive as Norton) and Bitdefender.
Most independent labs don't rate VIPRE very high.

Malwarebytes is NOT and anti-virus program, it's a back up malware detector.

If you want further protection use Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit software that runs with your browser to help stop 0-day exploits.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit - Free Zero-Day Exploit Protection

Yessir, I know. But malwarebytes has found and blocked things for me that my antivirus also found.
I ♥ malwarebytes, and won't be without it.

All what? Just a discussion.

Forum List

Back