Final Verdict On "Able Danger"?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Sep 27, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Is this the end?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Eddie, I'm going to wait on this. Read the previous blog entries. One side or the other doth protest too much.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Absolutely, but I do find it quite interesting that the only scandal in the post 9/11 era to hold "weight" has been the Oil For Food Scandal. Plamegate, Able Danger, etc, maybe I'm being too dismissive, I'm rather tired of being led along by all these domestic issues, ignoring the big picture, big ticket issues.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think that what we see domestically is the combination of MSM and politics that keep the issues in a fog. As a country, regardless of how 'European' our press may sound on 'issues', there is an inherent distrust of international organizations, (read alliances), that while reporting may be held to a very few, (Rosette), the hordes of reporters do not attack. It's not true on what turn into political issues.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Yes, the "fog of war". and things lesser than war. I do look forward to 2008 when we can have a decent debate, because I think the best and brightest will come out to avoid the disaster of 2004 and to avenge the conservative disapointments of 2004-2008.

There are a lot of good Demos out there, but I fear they have been shouted out by the left and horrified by the Dobson/Buchannan types of the right. Willl the solid center remain though?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Perhaps there are good dems, I am not finding many. Then again, can't say I find a lot of good repubs either. Funny on Obama, even the Chicago papers are not as 'big' on him as NYTimes, etc. There is something funny there.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    People need hope and appreciate frankness. Obama seems to be very skilled at showing off both in large amounts. I see him as a fantastic president one day, if the Senate does not corrupt him, or worse, if the Democratic Party does not make him radioactive with their increasing insanity.

The clouds of confusion over Iraq and the irrational hatred of George Bush, the culture of political warfare we have right now, etc etc, all this creates a toxic mixture of terrible proportions for political leadership and opposition.

I wouldn't trust Pelosi and co. with a used car, let alone a country, but I certainly have no love or respect left for the current crowd in GOP political leadership. JUST IMHO though. That's why I wait for 2008, Brownback, Obama, Coburn, Romney, etc. New leaders for a new era.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well I hope you are not disappointed with Obama, the question is which way will the corruption go? Word to the wise, when a politician comes from Chicago to the national stage so suddenly, with little criticism/noise from Chicago, watch out. Just saying...

9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Oh they all disapoint, but isn't that the fun and thrill of it?

Excellent observation from you though. Chicago politics is a world of its own :). As one could say about LA, Baltimore, Miami, NYC, etc.

But perhaps we expect too much from our politicians? I would love for us to have a president who cheated on his wife, lied to many others, accepted bribes in the past, etc, as long as he was competent, ruthless and absolutely unwavering in his committment to securing America's future.

10. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I don't expect TOO MUCH from politicians.

I certainly DON'T expect our president to cheat on his wife, lie, take bribes, or any other morally bankrupt behavior.

I DO expect him to be competent, and absolutely unwavering in his commitment to securing America's future.

I don't think that's anymore than I would expect from myself. Why allow the people that represent us to subscribe to a lower moral agenda?

:puke3: