Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says

Where is the equality here? The kid loses and the woman is not a mother. I guess if you consider lose-lose equality you got me. A win-win is the child is born and adopted. Many people can benefit from that and a possible relationship in the future is preserved.
How does a woman lose by not becoming the mother of a child she does not want? How does she lose by not being pregnant for 9 months? How does she lose by not going through the emotional trauma of abandoning her child?

Oh please. Boo hoo hoo, she gives her baby up for adoption and feels she abandoned him. Waaaah. But hey, let's just rip 'em apart and kill 'em before he pops out and hey, it's all good. Give me a break.
Obviously you have no human feelings at all if you can't feel compassion for a woman who must give up her child.

How does a woman lose by not becoming the mother of a child she does not want? How does she lose by not being pregnant for 9 months? How does she lose by not going through the emotional trauma of abandoning her child?

Oh please. Boo hoo hoo, she gives her baby up for adoption and feels she abandoned him. Waaaah. But hey, let's just rip 'em apart and kill 'em before he pops out and hey, it's all good. Give me a break.
Obviously you have no human feelings at all if you can't feel compassion for a woman who must give up her child.

Obviously you have no human feelings at all if you can't feel compassion for an unborn human being ripped apart and destroyed, with his mother's consent no less!

Last edited:
Where is the equality here? The kid loses and the woman is not a mother. I guess if you consider lose-lose equality you got me. A win-win is the child is born and adopted. Many people can benefit from that and a possible relationship in the future is preserved.

Tell that to all the kids in foster homes. Too bad some states won't let homosexuals or single mothers/fathers adopt. But hey, I guess no parents is better than one or two of the same gender, right? :eusa_eh:

Did you know that Steve Jobs was adopted? I didn't.

HowStuffWorks "13 Famous People Who Were Adopted"

Adoption gives the kids a chance; abortion ends their existence.

I agree with letting homosexuals/singles adopt.

Obviously you have no human feelings at all if you can't feel compassion for an unborn human being ripped apart and destroyed, with his mother's consent.
When have I ever mocked what happens to a fetus during an abortion?
I think your heartless and cruel post above demonstrates without any doubt that you could not care less about women or children or even fetuses. All you care about is the idea that a fetus must be regarded as a human being.

And Steve Jobs being adopted changes what? I'm willing to bet I could find some axe murderer who was adopted, doesn't change a thing.

You might want homosexuals and singles to adopt, however, the majority of people who are against abortion I'm willing to bet are also against homosexuals adopting kids or against homosexuals in general. I see banning abortion in general as a poor solution to a problem facing America today.

The majority of women who have abortions aren't monsters who take glee in having them. And while you may not believe that, some do. The same people who complain about abortion, are usually the same people who complain about food stamps, school lunches, and other things that children need.

George Carlin had a great quote about Abortion:

George Carlin: Back in Town (1996) (TV) - Memorable quotes

"If you're pre-born, you're fine, if you're pre-schooled, you're fucked"

Ah so they cant feel pain they must not be People yet eh. I guess we might as well kill all the paralyzed people right now. After all there not people.

the lengths people will go to, to justify KILLING BABIES for just about any reason, is appalling to me.

If you are a women and you had an abortion for any but the most extreme reason, You are not worthy of life yourself IMO. Definitely if the only reason you did it was because you just weren't ready or didn't want a baby right now. You my friend are SCUM.

Any parent will tell you nobody is ready until they hold their kid the first time. :)

You dumbass, it's "Their" not people.

Actually, it would be "They're not people." Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Lets not pick an choose you said:
Let's see, 6 billion humans vs. a couple hundred thousand seals.

I'll go with the seals on this one.

Are you saying that your family members hold more value then those animals, but others humans hold less value than those animals.

Really depends on the other humans in question.

Adolph Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, murderers, rapists, sociopaths definitely less value.

you don't know anything about a child until it becomes an adult. You may just have murder another barrack obama. That isn't for you, me or anyone else to decide

You're wrong.

It's for the woman who is pregnant to decide and perfectly legal. Men have no dog in this fight and should butt out.

will this change anyone's mind?
The only people whose mind it would change are those who are affected by things such as facts and evidence. Ignorant hicks need not apply. Cases in point:
they have no way of knowing this, I don't buy it for a second.
No it doesn't change my mind. Nor do I believe the ''study''.

Most "choicers" that I know of don't like abortion anymore than I do, they simply don't want the government choosing for the woman.
Correct. No one LIKES abortion. There is no pro-abortion group, although the term pops up from anti-abortion people making it up and projecting it onto others because they don't understand that there exist other options outside of polar opposites.

Could be... doesn't make it moral.

Also, let the people vote on late term.
Most states have already banned it outright. Morals have nothing to do with this issue. Ethics are what should determine these outcomes. Ask about the difference if you don't already understand it.

There is pain associated in all aspects of abortion
Apparently not. But why listen to such things as science and evidence?

Wow! Over a hundred million children are orphans in this world, but you were able to find THIRTEEN that became famous! Aren't you so clever with those high success rates!

Obviously you have no human feelings at all if you can't feel compassion for an unborn human being ripped apart and destroyed, with his mother's consent no less!
Why? Let's really examine this. Who is supposed to be feeling the pain here? The woman? Clearly not, if she's getting an abortion. The fetus? Well that was just shot down. Who?

Oh, you mean people like you, who have ZERO invested interest in the actual people involved. Yes, let's change our policy because somewhere in the world, someone might have a theoretical problem with someone else's actions. You tell me who is feeling the pain.

Really depends on the other humans in question.

Adolph Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, murderers, rapists, sociopaths definitely less value.

you don't know anything about a child until it becomes an adult. You may just have murder another barrack obama. That isn't for you, me or anyone else to decide

You're wrong.

It's for the woman who is pregnant to decide and perfectly legal. Men have no dog in this fight and should butt out.

Tell that to the thousands of fathers out there paying child support for kids they didn't want.

LONDON - British health experts say the human fetus cannot feel pain before the age of 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the country's abortion laws.

The government-commissioned study is a setback for anti-abortion activists, who want the country's current 24-week time limit for terminations reduced.

The study says that nerve connections in the brain are not sufficiently formed to allow pain perception before 24 weeks.

Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says - More health news- msnbc.com

tossed out for your opinion and discussion

will this change anyone's mind?
I doubt it but it might just stop those posts from people that claim abortion is wrong because fetuses can feel pain.

You idiot, nobody claims abortion is wrong because it causes pain. We say it's wrong because it's murder. It's murder whether it's painful or not. You loons are the ones who are always trying to justify it by saying babies aren't alive, babies can't feel pain (or perform quantum physics), haven't achieved "personhood". People who support abortion are the only ones affected by the knowledge that babies don't feel pain prior to 24 weeks. It makes you feel better about killing babies. Good for you.

Correct. No one LIKES abortion. There is no pro-abortion group, although the term pops up from anti-abortion people making it up and projecting it onto others because they don't understand that there exist other options outside of polar opposites.

I love it when people stick their feet in their mouth and then swallow them.

Steinem on Palin: Feminists Don't Criminalize Abortion - CBS News Video

According to some people you cannot be a feminist if you oppose legal abortions, I would guess that would define feminists as pro abortion.

Pro-choice activism targets "Abortion Changes You" campaign - Feministing

That looks pro abortion to me. What always gets me is how supposedly intelligent people do not see the disconnect in claiming that no one wants more abortions, and the reality that some people do. The reason I alsmost always come across as anti abortion when I post on the subject is that the lies from the pro abortionist overwhelm my bs detector and I have to refute them.

If anyone's ideas about abortions should be changed by a study that proves that a fetus feels pain at 24 weeks it is the pro abortion crowd, especially the portion that wants to guarantee abortions after the second trimester. Yet they come here and attack the anti abortion people for bing hypocrites. If the only defense you can mount for your position is that a bunch of lies, and attacking the other side of the issue, then your case is obviously weak and you should look around for facts to strengthen it.

You idiot, nobody claims abortion is wrong because it causes pain. We say it's wrong because it's murder. It's murder whether it's painful or not. You loons are the ones who are always trying to justify it by saying babies aren't alive, babies can't feel pain (or perform quantum physics), haven't achieved "personhood". People who support abortion are the only ones affected by the knowledge that babies don't feel pain prior to 24 weeks. It makes you feel better about killing babies. Good for you.
Just to have you state the obvious: why is it that you believe murder to be wrong? I want to hear it in your own words.

There is no pro-abortion group, although the term pops up from anti-abortion people making it up and projecting it onto others because they don't understand that there exist other options outside of polar opposites.

According to some people you cannot be a feminist if you oppose legal abortions, I would guess that would define feminists as pro abortion.

That looks pro abortion to me. What always gets me is how supposedly intelligent people do not see the disconnect in claiming that no one wants more abortions, and the reality that some people do. The reason I alsmost always come across as anti abortion when I post on the subject is that the lies from the pro abortionist overwhelm my bs detector and I have to refute them.
That's pro-CHOICE. It even says so in the title of the very link you just posted. You just proved my point: it's a term that ignorant hicks such as yourself project onto others for disagreeing with them because they can't understand anything outside extreme opposites.

Pro choice. Not pro abortion.

Just to have you state the obvious: why is it that you believe murder to be wrong? I want to hear it in your own words.

There is no pro-abortion group, although the term pops up from anti-abortion people making it up and projecting it onto others because they don't understand that there exist other options outside of polar opposites.

That's pro-CHOICE. It even says so in the title of the very link you just posted. You just proved my point: it's a term that ignorant hicks such as yourself project onto others for disagreeing with them because they can't understand anything outside extreme opposites.

pro choice for what though?

I mean if i say I'm pro choice for murder, does that not mean I support murder?

Wow, a study supporting the baby butcher industry published by people who support baby butchering, documented by baby butchers themselves!

dubbya dubbya dubbya dot abortionbreastcancer.com/abc_summary dot html (site will not let me post links yet supposedly)
On March 13, 2000 the U.K.'s Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists became the first medical organization to warn its abortion practitioners,

The "Royal College" practices baby butchering, what makes you think it is actually going to produce an unbiased study?

Considering that the so called "study" is published by those who fully support the baby butcher industry(MSNBC), concocted by baby butchers themselves(The Royal college of propaganda), combined with the fact that any pregnant women will tell you that non-sleepy movements (kicks and such) can be felt waaaaay before 24 weeks (6 months, more precisely) is nothing other than pure pinko propaganda?

Or simply lookup "SILENT SCREAM"...

Seriously? You goddam pinko haters of babies?!?

Freekin hateful pinkos. Go to hell where you belong.

Oh yeah ya supposed "Feminists" did ya know that abortion has a direct link to breast cancer?

Last edited:

Here we go again, more lies in defense of abortion. If this was about CHOICE then no one would attack another person for making an actual choice, they would support those who think abortion is wrong and welcome them into the world of liberated women with open arms. Instead they claim that if you are anti abortion you are not a feminist.

And you attempt to pass that off as pro choice.

I would also love for you to show me a screenshot of the Steinem video that says anything about pro choice anywhere.

So you're asking what the word CHOICE means and applying it to a completely different context. Choice is in regards to women deciding what they can or cannot due with their own bodies. Just because one such option happens to be the one you don't like, does not mean the choice is only about that option. Just as you have demonstrated in other threads, you don't understand the idea of OPTIONS. It is not "pro choice FOR abortion", but rather pro choice for autonomous decision making. But to answer your second question: If you were "pro choice for murder", it means you're a moron.

Let me know if you're still struggling with this concept.

You idiot, nobody claims abortion is wrong because it causes pain. We say it's wrong because it's murder. It's murder whether it's painful or not.

That tautology doesn't work. "Murder" is a legal (social) term referring to unlawful killing. The reason people can have legal abortions in many places is because they're not murder. Now if we follow your argument here, that would suggest they're not wrong. Which means you're probably going to have to rethink your argument here.

Social definitions are more important than biological definitions when it comes to something like this.

SmarterThanHick,
Why do you hate babies?
Seriously what could a baby do to you other than make you a responsible and humane human being?
Why do you hate humanity so much?

Is shiny yellow rocks like gold, or paper representing gold, worth more than innocent human life?

What makes someone so hateful as you?

Baby haters, please explain what causes your hatred of little ones so extreme as to kill them?

Is it really just pure evil greed?

So you're asking what the word CHOICE means and applying it to a completely different context. Choice is in regards to women deciding what they can or cannot due with their own bodies. Just because one such option happens to be the one you don't like, does not mean the choice is only about that option. Just as you have demonstrated in other threads, you don't understand the idea of OPTIONS. It is not "pro choice FOR abortion", but rather pro choice for autonomous decision making. But to answer your second question: If you were "pro choice for murder", it means you're a moron.

Let me know if you're still struggling with this concept.

No, I'm saying you're pro choice for abortion, so don't pretend like you don't condone abortion. You do.

Forum List

Back