Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says

LONDON - British health experts say the human fetus cannot feel pain before the age of 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the country's abortion laws.

The government-commissioned study is a setback for anti-abortion activists, who want the country's current 24-week time limit for terminations reduced.

The study says that nerve connections in the brain are not sufficiently formed to allow pain perception before 24 weeks.

Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says - More health news- msnbc.com

tossed out for your opinion and discussion

will this change anyone's mind?
When will they air the interview...:lol:

If an endangered animal had the ability to abort, would personal choice still be championed?

LONDON - British health experts say the human fetus cannot feel pain before the age of 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the country's abortion laws.

The government-commissioned study is a setback for anti-abortion activists, who want the country's current 24-week time limit for terminations reduced.

The study says that nerve connections in the brain are not sufficiently formed to allow pain perception before 24 weeks.

I doubt it, because the belief that fetuses can feel pain has not slowed down those who advocate for 3rd trimester abortions.

so yall are against abortion in ALL cases, right?

I think abortion is wrong, but that does not make me anti-abortion. What I oppose is the use of abortion as a birth control method, there should be a valid medical reason for abortions, and that could include mental health to cover incest and rape victims.

What you pro abortionists fail to see is that most would compromise with you.

You allow ultrasounds to be shown to all abortion patients and eliminate abortion as birth control and late term abortion, and many would allow you to abort for incest and rape.

But you won't do that, and in so doing, fail in your argument that you don't want abortions to occur.

YOU are the ones that won't compromise.

life in all forms should be valued
:eusa_eh:

Really?

I'm sure E.Coli and salmanella appreciate your concern, but I still plan to kill them whenever possible.

Same for rabid dogs and cockroaches. I also have no intention of letting white snakeroot grow anywhere dairy cows will be grazing. Ask Lincoln's mom why.

You allow ultrasounds to be shown to all abortion patients and eliminate abortion as birth control and late term abortion, and many would allow you to abort for incest and rape.

But you won't do that, and in so doing, fail in your argument that you don't want abortions to occur.

What you forced birthers don't get is that you are a minority. No need to throw women under to bus to compromise with you. Most Americans want to see abortion remain legal and the choice of the woman who is pregnant.

What you forced birthers don't get is that you are a minority. No need to throw women under to bus to compromise with you. Most Americans want to see abortion remain legal and the choice of the woman who is pregnant.

Could be... doesn't make it moral.

But assuming you are correct, lets have a vote on it like we should. Don't allow a court to make law, but let the people vote.

Also, let the people vote on late term.

It probably won't have much effect. Most forced birthers are not concerned in the least with whether a fetus feels pain or not. Just as they not concerned if an unwanted child lives in misery.

But assuming you are correct, lets have a vote on it like we should. Don't allow a court to make law, but let the people vote.

If the people were allowed to vote on the legality of later term abortion, they would vote in favor of making it a woman's personal choice. But it will never be voted on, nor should it. It is an inalienable right.

If the people were allowed to vote on the legality of later term abortion, they would vote in favor of making it a woman's personal choice. But it will never be voted on, nor should it. It is an inalienable right.

Demonstrate that there is an inalienable to right to end the life of another human being. Also, please define 'later term'.

Demonstrate that there is an inalienable to right to end the life of another human being. Also, please define 'later term'.
It is an inalienable right to eject any body from yours which you do not want in yours. Forced birth is another form of rape.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
they have no way of knowing this, I don't buy it for a second.

I'm sure there are ways they could test that.

I would suspect that electrical shock might be a way to find test it, but I am not sure that they would be able to test that as it is possible that any shock might cause some kind of a reaction. How about a needle? They do Amniocentesis so I am sure they could test pain response with a needle. Or some kind of non-lethal drug?

Not that I think this SHOULD be done, but I suspect they could test it.

Immie

It is an inalienable right to eject any body from yours which you do not want in yours. Forced birth is another form of rape.

WOW if only we coulf get more mother that have children that think as you do to have an abortion.

Wow, that's some pretty desperate writhing.

Firstly, you already had a chance to not be pregnant or to have terminated the pregnancy. Plenty of means exist, from condoms to Plan B. Not to mention the various herbs used through history. That's you did not act constitutes tacit consent.

Secondly, let us use your same principle. Do I have a basic right to throw a man out of my house? What if I throw my child out my house with no clothes in the middle of a blizzard? Oh wait, that'd be murder when (s)he died. An abortion is the willful termination of life, not merely the removal of a visitor from your home. Unless you remove the child and place him/her into a maturation chamber, the fact remains that you are knowingly killing the child- in almost all instances, prior to removal, btw.

There is no right to 'removal' when it spells out homicide. Life trumps all.

Let's see, 6 billion humans vs. a couple hundred thousand seals.

I'll go with the seals on this one.

Would you choose those animals over your family?

Stupid question.

Why would I have to?

Lets not pick an choose you said:
Let's see, 6 billion humans vs. a couple hundred thousand seals.

I'll go with the seals on this one.

Are you saying that your family members hold more value then those animals, but others humans hold less value than those animals.

Forum List

Back