Femme Fatale: American Rumor (Marvel Comics)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I wanted to add a media-rumor vignette about the First Lady Melania Trump, since all the media-scandal chatter has somewhat clouded our view of her as a real modern-day 'champagne-diplomat.'

This yarn was inspired by V.I. Warshawski and is rated PG-13.

====

Scarlet Witch and Gray Goblin were Marvel villains having lept out of the pages of comics-art universe imaginariums and onto the world of real metaphysics, especially after there were rumors of a terrorist-threat on the life of the U.S. First Lady Melania Trump apparently made by the terrorist groups ISIS and Cobra. Scarlet Witch and Gray Goblin wanted to talk about the impact of pedestrian fashions onto comics-aesthetic pedestrianism-colloquial and user-friendly art/pulp-literature. Comics offered audiences very bizarre characterizations of good and evil and became a quick sub-culture.

marvel18.jpg

An Ivy-League Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan was making stick-figure doodle representations of Gray Goblin and Red Goblin, but unwittingly, Ajay released the spirit of the Red Goblin onto the world of real metaphysics. Ajay felt so bad, but when one of his blue-and-gray stick-figure doodles of Gray Goblin was published in the New Yorker (prestigious magazine/company) as iconically-symbolic of 'low-brow street-art,' Ajay got a teaching position offer at Yale University, where he began teaching a course called Media and Magic.

marvel25.jpg

Meanwhile, Red Goblin had splashed onto the pages of comics-art, and he was a very impressive addition which was being referenced extremely liberally by multiple consumer markets interested in Samhain/Halloween fare. Red Goblin was a leviathan composition of the symbiote and Carnage (Cletus Kasady). Red Goblin trading-cards became all the rave among fans interested in new age comics-oriented 'street-art enchantment.' Donald Trump, Jr. purchased one of these memento-cards (protected in glass no less!) on eBay and kept it in the White House antiques room (as part of the new 'modern antiques' section).

marvel26.jpg

Once again, Ajay Satan (now Professor Satan of Yale) drew a stick-figure rendition of Red Goblin which made the pages of the prestigious New Yorker and was hailed as a modern trophy of pedestrian-mediocrity humor. The doodle perfectly captured the 'silly dimensions' of Red Goblin while also portraying a very 'normal' perspective on the super-villain's aura of anarchy. After all, Red Goblin was a symbol of terrorism, and the U.S. government and all its operatives despised that.

marvel28.JPG

When celebrity Leo DiCaprio was found chatting and tea'-ing with Melania Trump at the White House about his new eco-organization initiatives, critics wondered if the First Lady was simply 'brushing off' the terrorist-threats made on her life. Melania explained she wanted to talk to Leo about two eco-minded comic book 'avatars' --- Swamp Thing and Captain Planet. Leo explained he was highly-interested in making a Captain Planet film. Leo was impressed with Melania's seemingly newfound sense of 'idealism.'

marvel4.jpg

Meanwhile, Martin Scorsese and Wes Andersen were working on a new Scarlet Witch (Marvel Comics) anti-heroine film, starring the luminous Jennifer Connelly (star of A Beautiful Mind and Blood Diamond) as the shifting/transforming 'super-woman.' Scorsese had heard of the terrorist-news stories involving the mild threat on the life of the First Lady (Melania Trump) and wanted to incorporate a patriotism-sideshow to the film involving such a danger. Of course, Scarlet Witch (Connelly) would use her chic and power to save the day.

marvel23.jpg

Since comics-art had become more textured in quality and quirkiness, readers/audiences craved crazy stories to help them daydream about the real-world insanities such as terrorism and eco-pollution. New age comic book anti-heroines such as the red-haired Dark Phoenix of the X-Men (Marvel Comics) symbolized social attitudes towards women in politics, fashion, the police-force, religion, and even the military. Women were expected to be psychic, accessible, and demonstrative. How would art transform gender colloquialisms?

marvel20.jpg

Art is a church of sorts, or at least, a 'citadel.' The way you recognize a piece of work as art is by interpreting the intention of the artist/creator was indeed to make art! Art is simply a collection of subconscious re-presentations of sociological perceptions. If the artist/creator did not intend his/her work to be art, it was either vandalism/slander or science/economics. Comics-art captured a modern social interest in colloquial philosophy and easily-accessible pluralism-dialogue. Ethnic-minority comic book 'superhuans' such as Green Lantern John Stewart (DC Comics) and Black Panther (Marvel Comics) reminded people of the magic of suspension of disbelief.

marvel19.jpg

AJAY: I love my course at Yale...
LEO: You've come a long way with your brand of 'chatter.'
AJAY: Call me the new Walter Cronkite.
LEO: That's a funny statement, Ajay.
AJAY: I studied at Dartmouth and like science-fiction and comics (and some sciences).
LEO: Are you Christian?
AJAY: I'm a born-again Christian admiring the beliefs/practices of the Catholic church.
LEO: Are you a fan of the Dan Brown series of Tom Hanks films (e.g., Angels & Demons)?
AJAY: I like Tom Hanks in those films and the 'concept' of reinterpreting religious 'passion.'
LEO: It's a codified approach to divinity dialogue.
AJAY: Yes, and it's oddly accessible to both the scholar and the layman...
LEO: Are you a fan of Chaucer and Commando War Comics?
AJAY: Yes, I am, Leo; I also really like Captain Planet (like you!).
LEO: We should make a presentation about the First Lady (Melania Trump).
AJAY: Sure; we could talk about Melania as a 'real-life' Wonder Woman.
LEO: Wonder Woman (DC Comics) has seen changes; I like Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot.
AJAY: I prefer Gadot, even though she's somewhat 'lost' in a modern sea of overproduction.
LEO: There are so many darn comics-films out there right now, it can feel like junk-food!
AJAY: I think People Magazine offered a shift in sociological imagination --- towards vanities.
LEO: Do you think 'vanities' lead to indulgences/excess (or bloating/gloating)?
AJAY: Well, many TrumpUSA critics cite our society as 'pro-cholesterol.'
LEO: Let's go watch Guarding Tess on Netflix!

====

:bigbed:

Forum List

Back