FEMA is failing the people of the east coast.

Sorry We're Closed: FEMA Shuts Down Disaster Centers "Due To Weather"

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Just like Katrina FEMA as a disaster relief organization is inept.

Assuming you just heard about this the way you presented it, I have a question for you. I'm asking that question ASSUMING that you didn't knowingly present this story in a disingenuous way.

Do you ever see a story and think to yourself that it doesn't sound quite right or that there must be something more to it than what you just read?

I ask because that was my first impression when I read this story. So, I looked a little further, and it wasn't very difficult to get some facts that change the whole tenor of the story.

One center on Hylan Boulevard that was supposed to be open from 8:30 a.m. through 8 p.m. had a sign taped to the front door in the morning reading, “FEMA Center Closed Due to Weather,” according to a published report. Centers in other hard-hit areas reportedly had similar signs posted.
Public Information Officer John Knowles said the facilities had to be shut down for the safety of the disaster survivors and staff.

“Those trucks had to be pretty much taken down and taken off the island due to structural concerns,” Knowles said. “We didn’t want to have damage so we couldn’t return to the island and assist individuals.”

Knowles stressed that it was strictly the mobile sites that were closed.
“We had to take those tents down, we had to take those vehicles down so no one was seriously injured or hurt,” Knowles said.

A fixed site at Mt. Manresa Jesuit House on Staten Island was open and fully-operational Wednesday, Knowles said.

The mobile disaster units were back up and running Thursday on Staten Island at the following locations:

600 New Dorp Lane, Staten Island, N.Y. 10306
239 Fingerboard Rd, Staten Island, N.Y. 10305
6581 Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, N.Y. 10309
To find a disaster recovery center click here.

FEMA Responds To Criticism Of Closure Of Mobile Centers Due To Nor’easter « CBS New York

So, only two conclusions come to my mind. Either you're not very smart (at least not smart enough to figure out that a story doesn't quite sound right and look for answers in order to get a fuller explanation), or you're intentionally misrepresenting the truth.

Which is it?

FEMA will be there any day fellas. Yall hang in there. Big govt is there for you. Quit complaining. Its only been two weeks.

Hey! they've already been there, did little and then left because of what? "the weather" now the folks are stuck there freezing there asses off because some incompetent union electrical company can't get the fucking job done. It's just classic.

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Assuming you just heard about this the way you presented it, I have a question for you. I'm asking that question ASSUMING that you didn't knowingly present this story in a disingenuous way.

Do you ever see a story and think to yourself that it doesn't sound quite right or that there must be something more to it than what you just read?

I ask because that was my first impression when I read this story. So, I looked a little further, and it wasn't very difficult to get some facts that change the whole tenor of the story.

One center on Hylan Boulevard that was supposed to be open from 8:30 a.m. through 8 p.m. had a sign taped to the front door in the morning reading, “FEMA Center Closed Due to Weather,” according to a published report. Centers in other hard-hit areas reportedly had similar signs posted.
Public Information Officer John Knowles said the facilities had to be shut down for the safety of the disaster survivors and staff.

“Those trucks had to be pretty much taken down and taken off the island due to structural concerns,” Knowles said. “We didn’t want to have damage so we couldn’t return to the island and assist individuals.”

“We had to take those tents down, we had to take those vehicles down so no one was seriously injured or hurt,” Knowles said.

A fixed site at Mt. Manresa Jesuit House on Staten Island was open and fully-operational Wednesday, Knowles said.

The mobile disaster units were back up and running Thursday on Staten Island at the following locations:

FEMA Responds To Criticism Of Closure Of Mobile Centers Due To Nor’easter « CBS New York

So, only two conclusions come to my mind. Either you're not very smart (at least not smart enough to figure out that a story doesn't quite sound right and look for answers in order to get a fuller explanation), or you're intentionally misrepresenting the truth.

Which is it?

Clearly a rhetorical question.

Look at all these right wingers complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough, what a joke!

It's not right wingers up their freezing their asses off budnuts, it liberals and it's getting funnier by the moment. they are getting what they voted for,, but I still feel sorry for em.

Which is it?

Neither.

My eyes and ears are open to the reality of what is transpiring. One or two news sources or blogs do not tell the whole store no matter their perspective.

I've watched weeks of news coverage now. Read dozens upon dozens of articles. And can EASILY come to the conclusion that FEMA as an organization is failing on many fronts.

Only hacks turn a blind eye to the obvious based on who is in the whitehouse or who is controlling the response.

Meanwhile...

Cuomo Blasts Power Companies For Slow Response

Cuomo Blasts Power Companies For Slow Response - Bed-Stuy, NY Patch

And that utility company is govt owned...:eusa_eh:

Well, it's not Federally owned, in fact the entities below are the ones who are on the ground:
National Grid plc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Public Service Enterprise Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"LIPA, a non-profit municipal electric utility, owns the retail electric system on Long Island and provides electric service to over 1.1 million customers in Nassau and Suffolk counties, and the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens. LIPA does not own any electric generation assets on Long Island, and it does not provide natural gas service.

National Grid USA, previously Keyspan Energy, maintains LIPAs transmission and distribution system under a management services agreement. On December 15, 2011, LIPA selected PSEG to take over management and operation of the electric grid, starting in January 2014.[1]

I heard Spike Lee was doing a documentary of how this is 43's fault, HBO is producing it and Bill Maher is doing commentary...

Oblamer does the lead in of how everything at FEMA was left in shambels when he took over...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Grandpa question? Do you know the role of FEMA? Do you know who is rationing gas? And why? Also what tent cities do you speak of? I am in nj and I don't see any. Also you must think cristy is fucking up too then, no?

It's too damn bad they sent the conservative rednecks from Alabama home. They'd have their damn power by now. Unions... not so much. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Grandpa question? Do you know the role of FEMA? Do you know who is rationing gas? And why? Also what tent cities do you speak of? I am in nj and I don't see any. Also you must think cristy is fucking up too then, no?

christy fucked up the day he believed obama to be the guy to fix things.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Look at all these right wingers complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough, what a joke!

Yep, lots of right wingers in Coney or Staten Islands. :rolleyes: Just like with Katrina, I think folks should have gotten out of there before it hit. If they were determined to stay, they should have been disaster ready, which means more a few cans of soup and some flashlights.

With that said, just like Katrina both states and feds should have stepped up help, it's getting cold fast now.

Staten Island and certain parts of Brooklyn are republican strongholds.

christy fucked up the day he believed obama to be the guy to fix things.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny how you guys don't even know the facts, fucking learn them or shut the fuck up.

The tents are being put up on race track parking lots.
The govt is the one controlling the rationing of gas.
FEMA is responsible for the same things they were in Katrina but somehow its different now I guess.
And I'm not targeting Christie or any other individual. I'm saying the entire system is flawed.

It's funny how you guys don't even know the facts, fucking learn them or shut the fuck up.

you shut the fuck up, you didn't even know that freezing their ass off people were living in a tent city.

Ok Grampa, I haven't read the article yet, but I am willing to bet that there's a good reason. I DO find it funny that many republicans who incessantly state "get government out of the way and let the private industry take care of it!" and "Private industry does it better than government!", are the same ones who are complaining about FEMA'S alleged lack of response and lack of turning the electricity on and fuel delivery. Both of the aforementioned industries are controlled by PRIVATE business entities!!! :lol:

What's even funnier is watching the very people who believed that big government would be their for them are finding out differently. It's coming as quite a shock.

Tent city in New Jersey is cold and hard on evacuees - Hartford Top News | Examiner.com

makes perfect sense, a NJ person can't see tent cities but the rest of us can.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how many people are staying there? Also ITS NOT FEMA. How about instead of looking into an article by the examiner, you follow what the gov. And what people on the ground who live there are saying.

Tent city in New Jersey is cold and hard on evacuees - Hartford Top News | Examiner.com

makes perfect sense, a NJ person can't see tent cities but the rest of us can.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how many people are staying there? Also ITS NOT FEMA. How about instead of looking into an article by the examiner, you follow what the gov. And what people on the ground who live there are saying.

hey! budnuts,, did you see the very very very very liberal Anderson Cooper report on this clusterfuck? didyahuh?

Forum List

Back