FEMA is failing the people of the east coast.

Sorry We're Closed: FEMA Shuts Down Disaster Centers "Due To Weather"

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Just like Katrina FEMA as a disaster relief organization is inept.

Ok Grampa, I haven't read the article yet, but I am willing to bet that there's a good reason. I DO find it funny that many republicans who incessantly state "get government out of the way and let the private industry take care of it!" and "Private industry does it better than government!", are the same ones who are complaining about FEMA'S alleged lack of response and lack of turning the electricity on and fuel delivery. Both of the aforementioned industries are controlled by PRIVATE business entities!!! :lol:

What's even funnier is watching the very people who believed that big government would be their for them are finding out differently. It's coming as quite a shock.

What about the people who actually prepared (full tank of gas, water, CASH, food, bills, etc) before the storm and figured they prepared for enough time and miscalculated or calculated correctly, and expected partial government help?

Sorry We're Closed: FEMA Shuts Down Disaster Centers "Due To Weather"

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Just like Katrina FEMA as a disaster relief organization is inept.

gee I bet you wish the state would jsut take care of it all huh

The state didn't pack up and leave town because it was going to snow.

The State was also not quartered in mobile units when high winds were predicted.

I see the Sandy comparisons to Katrina are still going even post-election.

I guess the politicking never does stop.

Ain't that the truth.

The response is being compared not the storm. Katrina set the bar for a terrible response and its only natural to draw comparrisons to see how far we've come and what we've learned.

Or we can just stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is hunky dory

I see the Sandy comparisons to Katrina are still going even post-election.

I guess the politicking never does stop.

Ain't that the truth.

The response is being compared not the storm. Katrina set the bar for a terrible response and its only natural to draw comparrisons to see how far we've come and what we've learned.

The main argument about FEMA's response to Katrina had to do with the elapsed time after the storm before they actually got there. That wasn't an issue with Sandy, was it?

Ain't that the truth.

The main argument about FEMA's response to Katrina had to do with the elapsed time after the storm before they actually got there. That wasn't an issue with Sandy, was it?

I guess that depends on which neighborhood is asked. Showing up and actually doing what needs to be done are two different things are they not?

Ain't that the truth.

FEMA responded with assets in 3 days after being asked when Katrina hit, just like they were required to do by law. This time around they got resources into the area 3 days after the storm, despite the fact that they are now allowed to preposition supplies in advance.

What, exactly, is your point?

Ain't that the truth.

Actually I think the main argument was that they were turning trucks full of supplies back and not allowing them into the area to distribute clean water and food until THEY were ready.

FEMA responded with assets in 3 days after being asked when Katrina hit, just like they were required to do by law. This time around they got resources into the area 3 days after the storm, despite the fact that they are now allowed to preposition supplies in advance.

What, exactly, is your point?

Exactly, it wasn't as dire a situation in NY/NJ as it was in NOLA after Katrina, thanks for the confirmation.

Actually I think the main argument was that they were turning trucks full of supplies back and not allowing them into the area to distribute clean water and food until THEY were ready.

In general, there was a certain lackadaisical feel to the Katrina response, all the way up to W continuing his vacation for days after the storm moved on.

Who's the "THEY" in your statement, the city of NOLA?

I guess that depends on which neighborhood is asked. Showing up and actually doing what needs to be done are two different things are they not?

They're absolutely two different things.

I just wonder if the numbers of people not satisfied with the fema response are comparable to those that are satisfied, and this whole thing is being made out to be worse than what it really is.

I just wonder if the numbers of people not satisfied with the fema response are comparable to those that are satisfied, and this whole thing is being made out to be worse than what it really is.

Possible I suppose but still better to error on the side of caution.

From the outside looking in the whole thing looks a mess to me.

I could be way out of line here but things like this would seem much better handled by the military than local, state or federal govts. I mean look at the shit they can do and accomplish in war zones. Maybe dumb but just a fleeting thought.

Possible I suppose but still better to error on the side of caution.

From the outside looking in the whole thing looks a mess to me.

I could be way out of line here but things like this would seem much better handled by the military than local, state or federal govts. I mean look at the shit they can do and accomplish in war zones. Maybe dumb but just a fleeting thought.

Are you suggesting that we use public resources that are already prepared and trained for such events instead of maintaining a separate department full of amateurs that think Twister is a documentary?

Forum List

Back