FEMA is failing the people of the east coast.

Grandpa question? Do you know the role of FEMA? Do you know who is rationing gas? And why? Also what tent cities do you speak of? I am in nj and I don't see any. Also you must think cristy is fucking up too then, no?

Tent city in New Jersey is cold and hard on evacuees - Hartford Top News | Examiner.com

makes perfect sense, a NJ person can't see tent cities but the rest of us can.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how many people are staying there? Also ITS NOT FEMA. How about instead of looking into an article by the examiner, you follow what the gov. And what people on the ground who live there are saying.

Those people are on tv everyday telling their stories. Seems you are ignoring them for political purposes

I see the Sandy comparisons to Katrina are still going even post-election.

I guess the politicking never does stop.

Much of the iconic boardwalk is buckled and much of the piers are out to sea," he said. "The shore and boardwalk in Seaside Heights of my childhood no longer exists."

"This is our Katrina," the governor added.

You need to stfu until you know what you're talking about. huh?

New Jersey to restore most power by Saturday, governor says - CNN.com

Gramps I read you foolishness on these forums all the time and never say anything, but now I am, your ignorance is astonishing, of course fox can find a few dissatisfied people, but answer my questions, what is the role of FEMA, what and who brought about rationing, who is in charge of the clean up? Who is in charge of the power supply? You cant answer a single fucking question, then you quote some thing that is completely anticdotal. Be real and stop being a total fool. It's very annoying.

Sorry We're Closed: FEMA Shuts Down Disaster Centers "Due To Weather"

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Just like Katrina FEMA as a disaster relief organization is inept.

Assuming you just heard about this the way you presented it, I have a question for you. I'm asking that question ASSUMING that you didn't knowingly present this story in a disingenuous way.

Do you ever see a story and think to yourself that it doesn't sound quite right or that there must be something more to it than what you just read?

I ask because that was my first impression when I read this story. So, I looked a little further, and it wasn't very difficult to get some facts that change the whole tenor of the story.

One center on Hylan Boulevard that was supposed to be open from 8:30 a.m. through 8 p.m. had a sign taped to the front door in the morning reading, “FEMA Center Closed Due to Weather,” according to a published report. Centers in other hard-hit areas reportedly had similar signs posted.
Public Information Officer John Knowles said the facilities had to be shut down for the safety of the disaster survivors and staff.

“Those trucks had to be pretty much taken down and taken off the island due to structural concerns,” Knowles said. “We didn’t want to have damage so we couldn’t return to the island and assist individuals.”

Knowles stressed that it was strictly the mobile sites that were closed.
“We had to take those tents down, we had to take those vehicles down so no one was seriously injured or hurt,” Knowles said.

A fixed site at Mt. Manresa Jesuit House on Staten Island was open and fully-operational Wednesday, Knowles said.

The mobile disaster units were back up and running Thursday on Staten Island at the following locations:

600 New Dorp Lane, Staten Island, N.Y. 10306
239 Fingerboard Rd, Staten Island, N.Y. 10305
6581 Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, N.Y. 10309
To find a disaster recovery center click here.

FEMA Responds To Criticism Of Closure Of Mobile Centers Due To Nor’easter « CBS New York
So, only two conclusions come to my mind. Either you're not very smart (at least not smart enough to figure out that a story doesn't quite sound right and look for answers in order to get a fuller explanation), or you're intentionally misrepresenting the truth.

Which is it?

Neither.

My eyes and ears are open to the reality of what is transpiring. One or two news sources or blogs do not tell the whole store no matter their perspective.

I've watched weeks of news coverage now. Read dozens upon dozens of articles. And can EASILY come to the conclusion that FEMA as an organization is failing on many fronts.

Only hacks turn a blind eye to the obvious based on who is in the whitehouse or who is controlling the response.

You presented a decidedly incomplete picture of what happened and why it happened. Because of the omissions, some might some say that the story you presented was, in fact, closer to qualifying as propaganda. Now, if the average person made that kind of honest error, a heartfelt apology would normally be forthcoming. Since you haven't offered one, and you are, instead, rather defiant, I'm forced to conclude that the truth doesn't mean that much to you. You're just engaging in propaganda for motivations that are easy to read.

In the end, the only thing you've managed to accomplish is to seriously damage your credibility. As a consequence, any post you make or any thread you start will automatically be viewed with suspicion.

You're basically the Clifford Irving (but NOT the only one) of this forum.

Willow what he is saying, is stop comparing how the storm was handled, not the actual storm, please learn to understand the deeper meaning of things, then you will not be so left behind and slow to understand the conversations that are going on.

Willow what he is saying, is stop comparing how the storm was handled, not the actual storm, please learn to understand the deeper meaning of things, then you will not be so left behind and slow to understand the conversations that are going on.

Much of the iconic boardwalk is buckled and much of the piers are out to sea," he said. "The shore and boardwalk in Seaside Heights of my childhood no longer exists."

"This is our Katrina," the governor added.[/
B]

You can repeat the christy quote all the fuck you want, it still has zero bearing on what the guy on here was talking about. You still don't get it. Also gramps ran away, very typical.

You can repeat the christy quote all the fuck you want, it still has zero bearing on what the guy on here was talking about. You still don't get it. Also gramps ran away, very typical.

I have never run from a post on this site. Never

So you can shove your typical bullshit up your ass.

Gramps I read you foolishness on these forums all the time and never say anything, but now I am, your ignorance is astonishing, of course fox can find a few dissatisfied people, but answer my questions, what is the role of FEMA, what and who brought about rationing, who is in charge of the clean up? Who is in charge of the power supply? You cant answer a single fucking question, then you quote some thing that is completely anticdotal. Be real and stop being a total fool. It's very annoying.

I have lived through 5 hurricanes, two we left town and the other three we stayed...

The last one was Ike, no electricity for 4 days, we then left town...

This is what happens when a natural disaster occurs dumb ass, Katrina, Rita and Ike had similar outcomes, yet when it hit NOLA it was a racial issue and 43 was to blame...

Let's be clear, the MSM will never label Oblamer like they did 43...

Otherwise stick your opinion up your ass, were it will never see the light of day...

Since when did Chris Christie become the end all with regards to comparing hurricanes?

You know what would've been way, way worse than what they had?

Hurricane Katrina.

so christy is a liar? figures.

Since when did Chris Christie become the end all with regards to comparing hurricanes?

Hurricane Katrina.

Not giving a shit on the accuracy of what he said, merely that he said it, and that the obummer said he'd have his back til the bitter end,, then he turned his back and left never to be heard from again and meanwhile the people are freezing their asses off. no way to cook, no way to warm themselves,, they are all alone,, big government has failed them.. Now they will know what most Republicans now, self reliance and and a sense of responsibility outshines governmental dependency any day of any hurricaine.

Assuming you just heard about this the way you presented it, I have a question for you. I'm asking that question ASSUMING that you didn't knowingly present this story in a disingenuous way.

Do you ever see a story and think to yourself that it doesn't sound quite right or that there must be something more to it than what you just read?

I ask because that was my first impression when I read this story. So, I looked a little further, and it wasn't very difficult to get some facts that change the whole tenor of the story.

So, only two conclusions come to my mind. Either you're not very smart (at least not smart enough to figure out that a story doesn't quite sound right and look for answers in order to get a fuller explanation), or you're intentionally misrepresenting the truth.

Which is it?

Neither.

My eyes and ears are open to the reality of what is transpiring. One or two news sources or blogs do not tell the whole store no matter their perspective.

I've watched weeks of news coverage now. Read dozens upon dozens of articles. And can EASILY come to the conclusion that FEMA as an organization is failing on many fronts.

Only hacks turn a blind eye to the obvious based on who is in the whitehouse or who is controlling the response.

You presented a decidedly incomplete picture of what happened and why it happened. Because of the omissions, some might some say that the story you presented was, in fact, closer to qualifying as propaganda. Now, if the average person made that kind of honest error, a heartfelt apology would normally be forthcoming. Since you haven't offered one, and you are, instead, rather defiant, I'm forced to conclude that the truth doesn't mean that much to you. You're just engaging in propaganda for motivations that are easy to read.

In the end, the only thing you've managed to accomplish is to seriously damage your credibility. As a consequence, any post you make or any thread you start will automatically be viewed with suspicion.

You're basically the Clifford Irving (but NOT the only one) of this forum.

You're right its incomplete. But not for the reasons you stated. Its incomplete because the suffering is still occuring. All the dead have not even been discovered and you seem ready to put it behind us. Why?

And I've put forth no propaganda. In order to do that I would need to be placing blame on a party or ideology and I have not. I have done nothing more than express disgust at how OUR govt has responded.

Many of you however seem ready and willing to boil this down to a fight over ideology and party at the expense of the victims.

Simply sad

Look at all these right wingers complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough, what a joke!

Are you talking about all three right wingers in New York and New Jersey or the millions of lefties that voted for Obama?

Obama spent a couple of hours in Jersey and promised all calls for assistance to FEMA would be answered within 15 minutes. I wonder how they answered when they closed the FEMA offices for weather?
Looks as if FEMA is just a fair- weather friend.

Yesterday’s nor’easter proved too much for the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s aid location in Tottenville, SI — which hung a sign reading “Closed due to weather” as the wintery storm blew into town.

Ten FEMA centers in the area reportedly suspended operations because of the storm, although the location with the sign at the Mount Loretto Community Center did open at noon.

FEMA office on Staten Island closes “due to weather” - NYPOST.com

Hurricane Katrina.

Not giving a shit on the accuracy of what he said, merely that he said it, and that the obummer said he'd have his back til the bitter end,, then he turned his back and left never to be heard from again and meanwhile the people are freezing their asses off. no way to cook, no way to warm themselves,, they are all alone,, big government has failed them.. Now they will know what most Republicans now, self reliance and and a sense of responsibility outshines governmental dependency any day of any hurricaine.

My point still stands, it's absurd to compare it to Katrina. The magnitude of devastation doesn't even come close...

All the self-reliance and senses of responsibility in the world won't help everyone overcome a natural disaster. I'd wager there are more people in that area that were greatly helped by federal assistance than those that aren't satisfied with it.

This is politicking, plain and simple.

Forum List

Back