Feel The Johnson!

GaryJohnson.jpg

No one in his right mind can vote for Trump. He is a fascist and an incompetent and borderline psychotic.
No one is his right mind can vote for Hillary. She is a criminal and a liar.
There is one ticket to vote this year. Libertarian. Is it perfect? No. I disagree strongly with many of their positions. But they get the basic problem right, the economy. And if we dont get that right nothing else matters.
If either Trump or Clinton wins, it will be the worst four years since 1862.

No one in his right mind can vote for Trump. He is a fascist and an incompetent and borderline psychotic.
There is one ticket to vote this year. Libertarian. Is it perfect? No. I disagree strongly with many of their positions. But they get the basic problem right, the economy. And if we dont get that right nothing else matters.

I agree with you about the Libertarian party, but not Johnson
Another "Let's shoot ourselves in the foot because it isnt 100%" libertarian. They let the perfectbe the enemy of the good.

Johnson isn't libertarian at all. He changed his positions after losing in the Republican primary. You just listen to him and he sounds like he's trying to figure out what his position is supposed to be, and he usually gets it wrong

What "republican primary" was that? :cuckoo:

You realize you're on the Internet and can Google, no?

Johnson ran for the Republican nomination in 2012. He lost and ran as a Libertarian and won that nomination. He just won it again in 2016.

Seriously, you didn't know that?

Have a great excuse for not remembering --- there was a REAL libertarian Repub in that campaign. :biggrin: And with Ron Paul there -- Gary's "conversion" was not selling at the time at all. Pretty much DOOMED with Dr. Paul in that race huh??

He changed his positions after losing in the Republican primary. You just listen to him and he sounds like he's trying to figure out what his position is supposed to be, and he usually gets it wrong

That's what's so great about him. He contradicts the usual libertarian stereotype of a rigid ideologue. He's a personable, open-minded candidate with proven leadership experience.

If you really wanted to see the cause of liberty make gains, you'd recognize that he's the best candidate who's ever run as a Libertarian and is positioned perfectly to offer a sane alternative to Americans who badly want one.

I'm old fashioned, I like my libertarians to be libertarian.

And I'm not sure what calling making our own choices an "ideology" even means. To me the idea that someone can make your choices for you better than you can is what sounds like an "ideology"

No one should have the expectation that in 4 years -- the vast swamp of Wash DC is gonna be tranformed into a libertarian utopia. Just not possible. At this point, there is SO much to be done -- you can only take out the trash that you can bag and fit into that timeframe. If the LP grows and gains voter confidence -- THEN we can talk about "visions"... LP candidates start to get elected. The competition grows between us and the existing parties and off it goes.

This "ain't pure enough" wing of the LP -- just wants to wander in the Sinai for 40 more years trying to out pure each other.

Um ... OK?

THat's the enthusiasm and vision you need !!! :banana: Would look great on a protest banner..

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I agree with you about the Libertarian party, but not Johnson
Another "Let's shoot ourselves in the foot because it isnt 100%" libertarian. They let the perfectbe the enemy of the good.

Johnson isn't libertarian at all. He changed his positions after losing in the Republican primary. You just listen to him and he sounds like he's trying to figure out what his position is supposed to be, and he usually gets it wrong

What "republican primary" was that? :cuckoo:

You realize you're on the Internet and can Google, no?

Johnson ran for the Republican nomination in 2012. He lost and ran as a Libertarian and won that nomination. He just won it again in 2016.

Seriously, you didn't know that?

Have a great excuse for not remembering --- there was a REAL libertarian Repub in that campaign. :biggrin: And with Ron Paul there -- Gary's "conversion" was not selling at the time at all. Pretty much DOOMED with Dr. Paul in that race huh??

I don't think Ron Paul had anything to do with it. Johnson's conversion on the road to Damascus was just unconvincing to me

He changed his positions after losing in the Republican primary. You just listen to him and he sounds like he's trying to figure out what his position is supposed to be, and he usually gets it wrong

That's what's so great about him. He contradicts the usual libertarian stereotype of a rigid ideologue. He's a personable, open-minded candidate with proven leadership experience.

If you really wanted to see the cause of liberty make gains, you'd recognize that he's the best candidate who's ever run as a Libertarian and is positioned perfectly to offer a sane alternative to Americans who badly want one.

I'm old fashioned, I like my libertarians to be libertarian.

And I'm not sure what calling making our own choices an "ideology" even means. To me the idea that someone can make your choices for you better than you can is what sounds like an "ideology"

No one should have the expectation that in 4 years -- the vast swamp of Wash DC is gonna be tranformed into a libertarian utopia. Just not possible. At this point, there is SO much to be done -- you can only take out the trash that you can bag and fit into that timeframe. If the LP grows and gains voter confidence -- THEN we can talk about "visions"... LP candidates start to get elected. The competition grows between us and the existing parties and off it goes.

This "ain't pure enough" wing of the LP -- just wants to wander in the Sinai for 40 more years trying to out pure each other.

Um ... OK?

THat's the enthusiasm and vision you need !!! :banana: Would look great on a protest banner..

I guess. I never got the hang of replying to hyperbole

I hear you on trump, but isn't voting for johnson a pointless academic exercise?
Expressing your conscience is never a pointless academic exercise.

It appears that, for many people, FINDING their conscience is a great deal of effort.

For Republicans: You voted for McCain even though he sucked and his domestic policies were no different from what Obama was selling. Look at Johnson and Trump and ask yourself which one best represents your views. If you arent an out and out Nixonian statist it will be Johnson.
So you voted Obama?
Wrong again, douchebag.
What is it with this site that it attracts the most stupid and ignorant trolls on the internet?

They wake up every four years, realize we're having an election, and immediately become convinced the rest of the nation is hungering for their "just heard the news" political wisdom.

Hillary is paid by gun lobby, to start new wars risking American lives.

Trump is an unbalanced psychopath who maybe not as calculating, but is as risky for American lives.

Johnson seems to be the only choice for any patriot who loves this country and her people and care more about them rather than their own selfish agendas.

This country needs a president who do NOT know anything about what Aleppo is, because she is in this mess by the presidents who knew too much about it.

But... Unfortunately it is not gonna happen...
Not in this country divided...............

Forum List

Back