Feds (ICE) Raid 7-11 Stores in 17 States Looking for Illegal Aliens

Is this Federal pressure on employers of Illegals a good thing?

• Total voters
Your continued dodging is noted.

Should I take that as an admission you were one of those libs and now are dancing and deflection to avoid having to eat crow, now that your claims are revealed to be the words of a fool?

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

Trump administration has deported fewer illegal Mexican immigrants than Obama, data show

Haha...You Loons have no credibility...you never tell the whole truth.
Arrests of illegal wetbacks is up by more than 4,000 per month under the Trump admin. So many were arrested early on that immigration courts became backlogged. (thanks to road blocks created by Hussein Obeaner) The number being deported has slowed as the court system plays catch-up.

“Immigration courts have long been overburdened, with regular deportation cases taking up to two years to complete because of the volume of cases. The Trump administration has added to that backlog by arresting more people and cutting back on the Obama administration policy of allowing undocumented immigrants to be free on bond as they await their court hearings.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has dispatched 25 more immigration judges to detention centers along the southwest border with Mexico and wants to add more. The Justice Department's goal is to hire 50 immigration judges this year and 75 in the following year.”
Immigration arrests up, deportations down under Trump

Obama didn't have back logs in court because he thought it out before he acted. Trump and Sessions decided that they were going to arrest people and didn't account for where to put these people while awaiting court. Without bail they're going to be in prisons or something living off on the taxpayers. Obama had the foresight to know that allowing up some money in case they fled was far more of a burden is the klusterfuk that's going on
Your continued dodging is noted.

Should I take that as an admission you were one of those libs and now are dancing and deflection to avoid having to eat crow, now that your claims are revealed to be the words of a fool?

This is for you.

And this is for YOU:

Trump administration has deported fewer illegal Mexican immigrants than Obama, data show

Haha...You Loons have no credibility...you never tell the whole truth.
Arrests of illegal wetbacks is up by more than 4,000 per month under the Trump admin. So many were arrested early on that immigration courts became backlogged. (thanks to road blocks created by Hussein Obeaner) The number being deported has slowed as the court system plays catch-up.

“Immigration courts have long been overburdened, with regular deportation cases taking up to two years to complete because of the volume of cases. The Trump administration has added to that backlog by arresting more people and cutting back on the Obama administration policy of allowing undocumented immigrants to be free on bond as they await their court hearings.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has dispatched 25 more immigration judges to detention centers along the southwest border with Mexico and wants to add more. The Justice Department's goal is to hire 50 immigration judges this year and 75 in the following year.”
Immigration arrests up, deportations down under Trump
Obama's use of the immigration bond device generated millions for the US treasury and the courts never got bogged down with backlogs because Obama thought things through before acting. Trump and Sessions Didn't think things through before arresting people snd denying them bond. Tax payes now have to house and feed the arrestees while Obamas bond plan put money in the US Treasury.

much do immigration bonds cost?
Either ICE or an immigration judge will set the bond amount, and the amount will increase or decrease based on several factors, such as the person's immigration status, criminal history, employment situation, and family ties in the United States. The higher the flight risk, the higher the bond amount. The usual minimum amount for a delivery bond is $1,500, and the cost can increase up to $10,000 or more depending on an assessment of the detainee's risk factors. For departure bonds, the minimum amount is typically $500. One important thing to keep in mind is that it sometimes take a year or longer for the government to return the bond money to the person who posted it.

How do I get an immigration bond?
There are two ways to pay for an immigration bond:

1. Surety bond– The detainee's friends or family can work with an immigration bond agent to get a surety bond. The agent will typically charge 15-20% of the total bond amount, and the money or collateral you furnish is non-refundable.
  2. Cash bond – The detainee's friends or family can pay the full bond amount directly to ICE, and that money will be refunded once the detainee has attended all mandatory hearings in immigration court. The cash bond can be paid by cash, money order, Cashier's check, or U.S. bonds or notes.
Or they could be out there helping build the wall. We need those on the southern side to not be able to come back in once it is done.
Berlin+Wall+8.jpg
Do you really think building a 720 mile wall. on a 2000 mile long border for 18 million is wise? Trump has already lied publicly about Mexico paying for the wall so why should we belive any thing he says about the cost of it.
Yes, and I also believe that if we stop the War on Poverty and stop paying assholes to sit on their ass and do nothing, that more illegal aliens would continue their self deportation and soon there wont be a Democrat Party as all the future Democrat voters would either be executed before they are born, or flee back to their Shit Hole countries..

Um....21 arrests across 98 markets with a resource load of at least 475 ICE agents, assuming the staffing shown in the OP's photo is normal and accurate and only one team is needed per market. I think "waste of money" is a better term for what it was than is "drop in the bucket."

Good point. Probably half of those 21 just didn't have documentation on them that day.

there are much more obvious places to catch illegals.

IF the government is doing their job, and fining the crap out of employers, illegals are no longer "less costly".

And there are plenty of struggling American citizens, to whom a couple bucks an hour MORE, would make quite a difference to.

Long term? Long term is a long time from now. I want jobs for Americans today. ALL THE JOBS.
I hear you but I'm not convinced it is a zero-sum game. Everyone living here, legally or not, creates jobs that support them: construction of houses, health care, transportation, etc. More people = more jobs.

Then India and China should have 1% unemployment.
Neither India nor China have any substantial immigration so the comparison is not valid.

I hear you but I'm not convinced it is a zero-sum game. Everyone living here, legally or not, creates jobs that support them: construction of houses, health care, transportation, etc. More people = more jobs.

Houses? Paid by our taxes.
Health care? Paid by our taxes.
Transportation? Paid by our taxes.
Education for their kids? Paid by our taxes.
Food? Paid by our taxes.
Not as simple as all that.

Here, people build those houses, not the gov't.
Health care is a whole other can of worms.
I think in most places transportation costs are covered by gas taxes which everyone pays.
Education is a local issue. Here we choose to cover the cost of every child's schooling.

Need for more border patrol? Paid by our taxes.
Need for more immigration judges? Paid by our taxes.
Need for a border wall? Paid by our taxes.
Need for more cops? Paid by our taxes.

Shall we continue?
Except for the cops, these fall into the category of closing the barn door after the horse is out and do not apply to illegals already here.

Probably half of those 21 just didn't have documentation on them that day.

there are much more obvious places to catch illegals.

Naaaah, if they'd have been quicker, the agents would have caught a hundred more. What happens is that they run out the door and into the woods or around the buildings nearby. I have SEEN illegals run when there is a raid by Immigration --- it's the darndest thing to watch, like cockroaches scattering when you turn on the light in the kitchen. They need to go back to Mexico or Guatemala. They are not supposed to be here.

IF the government is doing their job, and fining the crap out of employers, illegals are no longer "less costly".

And there are plenty of struggling American citizens, to whom a couple bucks an hour MORE, would make quite a difference to.

Long term? Long term is a long time from now. I want jobs for Americans today. ALL THE JOBS.

Neither India nor China have any substantial immigration so the comparison is not valid.
Who the fuck would want to go to India, where cholera is rampant or China where if you are illegal, you are either executed or punished severely for entering? Figures a dumbass liberals who try to compare shithole countries to the US, who Obama almost turned into a shithole, but Hitlery didn't win so Make America Great Again is going to rectify what Obummer did.

Houses? Paid by our taxes.
Health care? Paid by our taxes.
Transportation? Paid by our taxes.
Education for their kids? Paid by our taxes.
Food? Paid by our taxes.
Not as simple as all that.

Here, people build those houses, not the gov't.
Health care is a whole other can of worms.
I think in most places transportation costs are covered by gas taxes which everyone pays.
Education is a local issue. Here we choose to cover the cost of every child's schooling.

Need for more border patrol? Paid by our taxes.
Need for more immigration judges? Paid by our taxes.
Need for a border wall? Paid by our taxes.
Need for more cops? Paid by our taxes.

Shall we continue?
Except for the cops, these fall into the category of closing the barn door after the horse is out and do not apply to illegals already here.
That is funny, I chose to send my kids to a private school and I didn't get any funding for my kids education. But those illegal Mexican kids who anchored in Manassas they got a lot of FREE stuff because Gov, Terry McAweful turn Va into a shithole sanctuary state, which is why this year I am moving to Fla.

Who the fuck would want to go to India, where cholera is rampant or China where if you are illegal, you are either executed or punished severely for entering? Figures a dumbass liberals who try to compare shithole countries to the US, who Obama almost turned into a shithole, but Hitlery didn't win so Make America Great Again is going to rectify what Obummer did.
First, China is not very open to immigration but plenty of Rohingya think India is great. Second, you shouldn't call Ray From Cleveland a dumbass, it's just not very nice. Third, I thought America WAS great. When did we stop being great?

Last edited:
That is funny, I chose to send my kids to a private school and I didn't get any funding for my kids education. But those illegal Mexican kids who anchored in Manassas they got a lot of FREE stuff because Gov, Terry McAweful turn Va into a shithole sanctuary state, which is why this year I am moving to Fla.

Yeah, that governor of yours, McAuliffe, just this week has been threatening to punch Trump and knock him to the floor in a debate. In a prez. debate, of course: he wants to run for prez in 2020 and being outrageous is his idea for how to get enough attention.

He'll never be as good at it as Trump, however. The Trump base, which did win the election, is wildly in favor of Trump's anti-immigration ideas. If McAuliffe has let VA get overrun with MS-13 gang members, as he certainly has, I question how attractive he will be as a candidate.

First, China is not very open to immigration but plenty of Rohingya think India is great. Second, you shouldn't call Ray From Cleveland a dumbass, it's just not very nice. Third, I thought America WAS great. When did we stop being great?

Nice question! Now THAT would make a good thread topic.

I'd say 9/11/2001. That was the tipping point into decline for the USA.

I'd have to agree. After 9/11 we had 2 wars, turned Iran into a regional superpower, enabled the rise of ISIS, and embarrassed ourselves with gitmo and abu grabe. We're still great but we really bruised ourselves.

Nice question! Now THAT would make a good thread topic.

I took your advice, thanks.

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.

100% of illegals vote for the democrat party.

No real American does.

Should not even be dignified with a response....

You have "not my president" in your title.

You are no American... Thanks for proving the case.

Golly, Norman. I had no idea that I am not an American unless I voted for your choice! But, be that as it may, if I were to find myself in a room with Trump, I would stand, and turn my back on him.

But the Corrupt and Racist Democratic Party prefers illegal aliens over American citizens.

No real American does.

Golly, Norman. I had no idea that I am not an American unless I voted for your choice! But, be that as it may, if I were to find myself in a room with Trump, I would stand, and turn my back on him.

Not responding to completely warranted remarks as they are above your anti-American ideology, makes you un-American.

No real American does.

Not responding to completely warranted remarks as they are above your anti-American ideology, makes you un-American.

If that floats your boat, Norman!

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).

merlin_132102443_7ebbfceb-6bc5-4ba2-b44e-331c23753e38-master768.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/us/7-eleven-raids-ice.html

It would appear that the Trump Administration is becoming serious about flushing-out Illegals and punishing their employers.

It's just a drop in the bucket and easily countered, but it's a start.

Will it last?

Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?

Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?

As a liberal I think this is a good start.

BUT- I think it is curious that they went after a business that has franchisees rather than a retailer with their own employees.

I would rather see them go after construction companies and meat packing companies- both of which have well known issues with hiring undocumented labor.
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, US Federal (ICE) agents raided 7-11 stores in 17 states, looking for Illegal Aliens and demanding historical hiring documentation of the franchisees (owners).

It would appear that the Trump Administration is becoming serious about flushing-out Illegals and punishing their employers.

Will it last?

Is this just the beginning, or is this an isolated burst of 'showmanship' as stimulus and prelude to negotiations in Congress?

Will this (and a few others?) be enough to scare-off many employers from hiring Illegal Aliens, or retaining them on-payroll moving forward?

BUT- I think it is curious that they went after a business that has franchisees rather than a retailer with their own employees.

I would rather see them go after construction companies and meat packing companies- both of which have well known issues with hiring undocumented labor.

Could it be because 7-11 is owned by a Japanese company called seven & I holdings?

Trump's racism is all over these raids.

Trump admires Asians.....as much as I dislike Trump- and boy do I despise him.....there is no indication of 'racism' in this new immigration push except in the broader concept of pushing back against non-white illegal immigrants.

I think going after employers is the right way to combat illegal immigration. I just find going after this particular company to be rather odd since each franchisee is responsible for his/her own hiring.

Use the word SOME and I might agree to some degree. But Republican business owners and farm owners love that cheap labor too. And everyone knows the GOP cares less about the common American folks than the Democrats do.

All businesses like cheap labor, why do you think Democratic and Republican business owners have labor in foreign countries and not here in the US? Because they want cheap labor.

I’m all for the crackdown on businesses that are hiring illegals, it needs to stop and will help control the influx of illegal aliens in this country.

Will it last?

Will it last?

Could it be because 7-11 is owned by a Japanese company called seven & I holdings?

Trump's racism is all over these raids.

Trump admires Asians.....as much as I dislike Trump- and boy do I despise him.....there is no indication of 'racism' in this new immigration push except in the broader concept of pushing back against non-white illegal immigrants.

I think going after employers is the right way to combat illegal immigration. I just find going after this particular company to be rather odd since each franchisee is responsible for his/her own hiring.
I'm not sure Trump admires Asians because he lies about everthing. I don't trust him. But your own response highlights his racism. You specifically indicted Trump when you noted his push against non- white illegal immigration. So you seem to be ok with him ignoring White illegal immigration.

Forum List

Back