Federal Reserve: Americans $9 Trillion Richer...

I stated that most of the increase in wealth is attributed to the stockmarket.

I also stated that home values, wages, and jobs (things that matter to most americans wealth) have decreased since 2009, those facts are indisputable, and you - instead of addressing them have replied with nonsense like "the truth hurts" over and over. What am I missing here?

Less than half of the increase in wealth is due to the stock market - $3.9 trillion out of $9 trillion.

Not that there's anything wrong with rising stock prices - if liberals have a criticism of the stock market it's that too much of it is in too few hands - not that stock prices shouldn't go up.

So where'd the other 5 trillion in new wealth come from?

The stock market doubled, Americans paid off $1 trillion in debt, etc....

No, you just blatantly bypass the points and facts entirely. If you think that's a personal attack then get your head checked.

And you keep up the personal attacks.

Sorry, the facts don't fit your worldview.

Maybe you should change your worldview.

I also stated that home values, wages, and jobs (things that matter to most americans wealth) have decreased since 2009, those facts are indisputable, and you - instead of addressing them have replied with nonsense like "the truth hurts" over and over. What am I missing here?

Stocks are assets.

Stocks are wealth.

Stocks are assets.

Stocks are wealth.

How did any of Obama's policies account for this?
Hint: They didnt.

Stocks are assets.

Stocks are wealth.

I never said they weren't.

I'm done discussing anything with you because you never respond to any hard facts or points that anyone posts or take any interest in sticking with the dialogue. Instead you shout out off topic statements indiscriminately or post photos/charts that don't address what we're discussing.

Stocks are assets.

Stocks are wealth.

I never said they weren't.

I'm done discussing anything with you because you never respond to any hard facts or points that anyone posts or take any interest in sticking with the dialogue. Instead you shout out off topic statements indiscriminately or post photos/charts that don't address what we're discussing.

That's what you are doing now.

Stocks are assets.

Stocks are wealth.

How did any of Obama's policies account for this?
Hint: They didnt.

Hint: The Stimulus.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Last edited:
I've already addressed anything you said with substance, including the graph you've posted above on two occasions so stop with the BS.

Instead of making any attempt to debunk Rabbis claim that Obama should not be given credit for the turnaround in the stockmarket, you post a graph showing payrolls that you've already posted half a dozen times.

Then when someone addresses the graph you will go back and praise Obama for the stockmarket instead of actually responding. I got you dialed in now. It's getting pathetic.

I've already addressed anything you said with substance, including the graph you've posted above on two occasions so stop with the BS.

Instead of making any attempt to debunk Rabbis claim that Obama should not be given credit for the turnaround in the stockmarket, you post a graph showing payrolls that you've already posted half a dozen times.

Then when someone addresses the graph you will go back and praise Obama for the stockmarket instead of actually responding. I got you dialed in now. It's getting pathetic.

I got you dialed in too.

You ignore the facts.

The stimulus created jobs, grew the GDP, and brought the stock market back.

Denying reality doesn't change it.

Can you highlight where Obama got us downgraded?

The US is the richest country the world has ever seen. We have the most powerful military, the most productive workers, the most respected currency, the most innovative inventors, the best universities, and fastest growing first-world economy in the world.

If you want to believe S&P - a company that was giving investment-grade ratings to CDO derivatives right up to the day they became worthless - over the collective judgment of the markets, you're entitled to do that.

But I suspect all "downgraded" means to you is a way to attack Obama.

Fastest growing first world economy? Really? No, I don't think so.
Germany 3.5%
Switzerland 3%

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Germany expanded 0.5 percent in the third quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1991 until 2011, Germany's average quarterly GDP Growth was 0.31 percent reaching an historical high of 2.10 percent in June of 2010 and a record low of -3.70 percent in March of 2009

Germany GDP Growth Rate

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Switzerland expanded 0.4 percent in the second quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1980 until 2011, Switzerland's average quarterly GDP Growth was 0.40 percent reaching an historical high of 2.10 percent in June of 1989 and a record low of -1.10 percent in December of 2008.

Switzerland GDP Growth Rate

The US is the richest country the world has ever seen. We have the most powerful military, the most productive workers, the most respected currency, the most innovative inventors, the best universities, and fastest growing first-world economy in the world.

If you want to believe S&P - a company that was giving investment-grade ratings to CDO derivatives right up to the day they became worthless - over the collective judgment of the markets, you're entitled to do that.

But I suspect all "downgraded" means to you is a way to attack Obama.

Germany 3.5%
Switzerland 3%

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Germany expanded 0.5 percent in the third quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1991 until 2011, Germany's average quarterly GDP Growth was 0.31 percent reaching an historical high of 2.10 percent in June of 2010 and a record low of -3.70 percent in March of 2009

Germany GDP Growth Rate

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Switzerland expanded 0.4 percent in the second quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1980 until 2011, Switzerland's average quarterly GDP Growth was 0.40 percent reaching an historical high of 2.10 percent in June of 1989 and a record low of -1.10 percent in December of 2008.

He's saying 3.5% annualized, you're pointing to quarterly numbers not at annual rates. .5% is a 2.0% annual rate. We're the only nation that releases our quarterly GDP converted to annual rates.

Correlation does not prove causation.

But when Pubs say, "The economy sucks, it must be Obama's fault, because he's president."

And then someone points out the economy is getting better -

And the response is "Oh well, it doesn't matter. It doesn't have anything to do with Obama."

You have to wonder about what's going on.

I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?

Im betting it declined by 9 trillion dollars. And guess what folks

NOT A FUCKING DIME TRICKLED DOWN

But hey, you get your share of the inflation. I got notice today that my lot rent is going up 9%.

Germany 3.5%
Switzerland 3%

Germany GDP Growth Rate

He's saying 3.5% annualized, you're pointing to quarterly numbers not at annual rates. .5% is a 2.0% annual rate. We're the only nation that releases our quarterly GDP converted to annual rates.

According to the same source:

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States expanded 2 percent in the third quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1947 until 2011 the United States' average quarterly GDP Growth was 3.28 percent reaching an historical high of 17.20 percent in March of 1950 and a record low of -10.40 percent in March of 1958

The associated charts all say, "Annual GDP Growth"

If they're comparing annualized or yr over yr to quarter over quarter that would be a pretty ridiculous mistake.

Edit: you're right - the German and Swiss numbers are q/q.

Last edited:

Germany GDP Growth Rate

According to the same source:

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States expanded 2 percent in the third quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter. Historically, from 1947 until 2011 the United States' average quarterly GDP Growth was 3.28 percent reaching an historical high of 17.20 percent in March of 1950 and a record low of -10.40 percent in March of 1958

The associated charts all say, "Annual GDP Growth"

If they're comparing annualized or yr over yr to quarter over quarter that would be a pretty ridiculous mistake.

The US takes quarterly data and times it by four to give a better picture about how fast it would be growing if that growth continued for a 12 month span, hence "annual rate", and to show fluctuations down to a point. The economy grew 0.5% in the third quarter, a 2.0% annual rate.

I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?

You can find inflation statistics on the same site, under "consumer price index". Inflation has been low to nonexistent in the last few years.

No you cant. All you can find there is

LIES AND MANIPULATION OF NUMBERS

Isnt it convenient that food and fuel are not counted in inflation statistics?? Did you know that say when a fridge goes up in price they deduct value from the price increase because of silly things like energy efficiancy?? Any reason they can find to hold the ratio of value/price they use. Just go to any god damn store and look at the prices. We are under ATLEAST 6-7% inflation, and the worst is on the way.

We have been in a recovery for the last two years.

The stock market has doubled, and GDP is growing.

Unemployment will slowly go down.

This is what happens when Wall Street destroys the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Your right, future generations of Americans have bright futures ahead of them serving private tyranny's like McDonalds and Wal-Mart. They will still be on food stamps, still losing there homes, still having no insurance....

This is what happens when Wall Street destroys the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Your right, future generations of Americans have bright futures ahead of them serving private tyranny's like McDonalds and Wal-Mart. They will still be on food stamps, still losing there homes, still having no insurance....

You need to get out more.

There is tons of money to be made in America.

Last edited:

There is tons of money to be make in America.

Yeah, just make sure you proofread your resume at least.

There is tons of money to be make in America.

Reality is a bitch, but I guess when you cant argue with it... Just insult the messenger.

Liberals and corporate liberals have alot in common.

Forum List

Back