Federal Reserve: Americans $9 Trillion Richer...

Nothing fake about it.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

I'm sure the truth doesn't hurt you since you're completely blind to it. I think it's a little ridiculous that you can point to stock-market fed wealth numbers and then spew your anti-wall st rhetoric in the same paragraph though. Another example of the hypocrisy of the left.

You can't handle the truth, so you resort to a personal attack.

It's what people do, when they have lost an argument.

No, you just blatantly bypass the points and facts entirely. If you think that's a personal attack then get your head checked.

I'm sure the truth doesn't hurt you since you're completely blind to it. I think it's a little ridiculous that you can point to stock-market fed wealth numbers and then spew your anti-wall st rhetoric in the same paragraph though. Another example of the hypocrisy of the left.

No, you just blatantly bypass the points and facts entirely. If you think that's a personal attack then get your head checked.

And you keep up the personal attacks.

Sorry, the facts don't fit your worldview.

Maybe you should change your worldview.

I stated that most of the increase in wealth is attributed to the stockmarket.

I also stated that home values, wages, and jobs (things that matter to most americans wealth) have decreased since 2009, those facts are indisputable, and you - instead of addressing them have replied with nonsense like "the truth hurts" over and over. What am I missing here?

I also stated that home values, wages, and jobs (things that matter to most americans wealth) have decreased since 2009, those facts are indisputable, and you - instead of addressing them have replied with nonsense like "the truth hurts" over and over. What am I missing here?

The stock market is wealth.

Than When Obama Took Office:

Title: Total Net Worth - Balance Sheet of Households and Nonprofit Organizations
Series ID: TNWBSHNO
Source: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Release: Z.1 Flow of Funds Accounts of the United States
Seasonal Adjustment: Not Seasonally Adjusted
Frequency: Quarterly, End of Period
Units: Billions of Dollars
Date Range: 1949-10-01 to 2011-04-01
Last Updated: 2011-10-12 4:16 PM CDT
Notes: This data comes from the Z.1 Flow of Funds release of the Board of
Governors. This series appears in Table B.100. For further information
see the information provided in the guide to the Flow of Funds at
Flow of Funds Guide - Home.

Year______Total Net Worth

2009-01-01 $49523.62 <--- Obama Takes Office
2009-04-01 50625.60
2009-07-01 53360.65
2009-10-01 54239.35
2010-01-01 55465.57
2010-04-01 54203.25
2010-07-01 55360.19
2010-10-01 57788.52
2011-01-01 58873.09
2011-04-01 $58730.14 <---- Most Recent Data

Difference = $9.2 Trillion.

Source: http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/TNWBSHNO.txt

LOL, I'd like to see the dems run an add touting that 9 trillion increase in their net worth. Don't think it'll sell in Peoria.

You know where the stock market was in Jan 2009? Somewhere south of 7,000. Today it fluctuates between 11,500 and 12,000, that's where the new wealth came from. The irony is delicious, the very people who are bitching about income inequality are the ones boasting of the rise in capital gains mainly by the rich.

Federal Reserve: Americans $9 Trillion Richer...

That ONLY tells me that the fuckers have been busy PRINTING MONEY>

That figure would be significant If we still had REAL DOLLARS REDEEMABLE IN GOLD AND SILVER.

The Federal Reserve Notes are nothing more than counterfeit money.

If you want to get rid dollars, send them to me.

Life in Hell: German Weimar Hyperinflation

wheelbarrows-of-deutschmarks.jpg

From 1922-1923 the German people suffered under the torture of hyperinflation. The snippets below help the reader to begin to understand the hell the average German citizen experienced:

In September 1922, a loaf of bread cost 163 marks. One year later in September of 1923, this figure had reached 1,500,000 marks. A few months later at the peak of hyperinflation, November 1923, a loaf of bread eventually cost an inconceivable 200,000,000,000 marks!

People were paid by the hour and rushed to pass money to loved ones who hurriedly bought whatever they could before the paper notes lost their purchasing power.

Than When Obama Took Office:

Title: Total Net Worth - Balance Sheet of Households and Nonprofit Organizations
Series ID: TNWBSHNO
Source: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Release: Z.1 Flow of Funds Accounts of the United States
Seasonal Adjustment: Not Seasonally Adjusted
Frequency: Quarterly, End of Period
Units: Billions of Dollars
Date Range: 1949-10-01 to 2011-04-01
Last Updated: 2011-10-12 4:16 PM CDT
Notes: This data comes from the Z.1 Flow of Funds release of the Board of
Governors. This series appears in Table B.100. For further information
see the information provided in the guide to the Flow of Funds at
Flow of Funds Guide - Home.

Year______Total Net Worth

2009-01-01 $49523.62 <--- Obama Takes Office
2009-04-01 50625.60
2009-07-01 53360.65
2009-10-01 54239.35
2010-01-01 55465.57
2010-04-01 54203.25
2010-07-01 55360.19
2010-10-01 57788.52
2011-01-01 58873.09
2011-04-01 $58730.14 <---- Most Recent Data

Difference = $9.2 Trillion.

Source: http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/TNWBSHNO.txt

LOL, I'd like to see the dems run an add touting that 9 trillion increase in their net worth. Don't think it'll sell in Peoria.

You know where the stock market was in Jan 2009? Somewhere south of 7,000. Today it fluctuates between 11,500 and 12,000, that's where the new wealth came from. The irony is delicious, the very people who are bitching about income inequality are the ones boasting of the rise in capital gains mainly by the rich.

Dead on. The same people bitching about the 1% are now celebrating the wealth accumulated by them since Obama took office, I love irony. Hypocrisy of the left.

I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?
CON$ are either too damn lazy to figure anything out for themselves, like the above, or they just make up BULLSHIT that satisfies their hatred like below.
I'll tell you why that is-

The stock market has increased about 80% - and you know who that mostly benefits.

They've been priting money. A large amount of personal debts have been charged off. The Value of that dollar has fallen about 20% since then.

Real household wealth has not increased; wages, home values, etc.
The dollar has fallen only 5.5%, not that the truth would matter to you!

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar&#039;s Value from 1913-2011

Inflation Calculator
If in 2009 (enter year) I purchased an item for $ 1.00
then in 2011 (enter year*) that same item would cost: $1.06
Rate of inflation change: 5.5%

We have been in a recovery for the last two years.

The stock market has doubled, and GDP is growing.

Unemployment will slowly go down.

This is what happens when Wall Street destroys the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Two percent GDP growth and 9+% unemployment is not a recovery, sunshine.

Actually it is.

And it is going to get better.

It takes time to recover from a complete meltdown.

"Recovery summer"?
No, recoveries are marked by robust growth and strong job creation. This one is not. It will not get stronger. The opposite. We have incipient inflation and a Euro collapse. Our banks are in poor shape and cannot withstand another shock.
You have not seen a complete melt down. But it's coming.

Housing prices haven't recovered, and probably won't; and that's not a bad thing. Unaffordable housing was part of what caused the problem in the first place. Lower housing costs are a bad thing to sellers, but good for buyers. Not sure why high prices were ever a goal of economic policy in the first place.

Wages are higher now than when Obama took office. $22.01 in Jan. 09 vs. $23.13 as of Oct.

There are more people working now than there were in Jan. 09 - 154 million vs 153 million - but job growth is still too slow. What we really need is a "Jobs Bill."

I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?
CON$ are either too damn lazy to figure anything out for themselves, like the above, or they just make up BULLSHIT that satisfies their hatred like below.
I'll tell you why that is-

The stock market has increased about 80% - and you know who that mostly benefits.

They've been priting money. A large amount of personal debts have been charged off. The Value of that dollar has fallen about 20% since then.

Real household wealth has not increased; wages, home values, etc.
The dollar has fallen only 5.5%, not that the truth would matter to you!

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

Inflation Calculator
If in 2009 (enter year) I purchased an item for $ 1.00
then in 2011 (enter year*) that same item would cost: $1.06
Rate of inflation change: 5.5%

I'm talking about the value of the dollar vs other currencies, when I say "the dollar," otherwise I would have said inflation.

Less than half of the increase in wealth is due to the stock market - $3.9 trillion out of $9 trillion.

Not that there's anything wrong with rising stock prices - if liberals have a criticism of the stock market it's that too much of it is in too few hands - not that stock prices shouldn't go up.

Housing prices haven't recovered, and probably won't; and that's not a bad thing. Unaffordable housing was part of what caused the problem in the first place. Lower housing costs are a bad thing to sellers, but good for buyers. Not sure why high prices were ever a goal of economic policy in the first place.

I won't deny that it's a bad thing, especially in the context of affordability. But we're talking about this in the context of household wealth here, and homes are the biggest driving factor.

Wages are higher now than when Obama took office. $22.01 in Jan. 09 vs. $23.13 as of Oct.

That has lagged inflation growth. A wage increase of $1.12 is only 5%, less than the 6% that prices have increased since this time.

There are more people working now than there were in Jan. 09 - 154 million vs 153 million - but job growth is still too slow. What we really need is a "Jobs Bill."

That's the labor force, payrolls are what's accurate. They are still down more than 2 million since Jan 2009.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Less than half of the increase in wealth is due to the stock market - $3.9 trillion out of $9 trillion.

Not that there's anything wrong with rising stock prices - if liberals have a criticism of the stock market it's that too much of it is in too few hands - not that stock prices shouldn't go up.

So where'd the other 5 trillion in new wealth come from?

Commodity trading. The price of gas has doubled.

idk

Can you highlight where Obama got us downgraded?

The US is the richest country the world has ever seen. We have the most powerful military, the most productive workers, the most respected currency, the most innovative inventors, the best universities, and fastest growing first-world economy in the world.

If you want to believe S&P - a company that was giving investment-grade ratings to CDO derivatives right up to the day they became worthless - over the collective judgment of the markets, you're entitled to do that.

But I suspect all "downgraded" means to you is a way to attack Obama.

Good question. I'm sure the answer's out there, but I haven't found it yet.

The US is the richest country the world has ever seen. We have the most powerful military, the most productive workers, the most respected currency, the most innovative inventors, the best universities, and fastest growing first-world economy in the world.

If you want to believe S&P - a company that was giving investment-grade ratings to CDO derivatives right up to the day they became worthless - over the collective judgment of the markets, you're entitled to do that.

Oh here we go again with the S&P downgrade for political reasons. Give me a break. If having a debt nearly 100% of GDP, and spending 1.50 for every 1.00 we take in doesn't justify a downgrade then I don't know what does.

Oh, and as of today all three ratings agencies have us on negative outlook.

Fastest growing first world economy? Really? No, I don't think so.
Germany 3.5%
Switzerland 3%

Forum List

Back