Federal Reserve: Americans $9 Trillion Richer...

Your right, future generations of Americans have bright futures ahead of them serving private tyranny's like McDonalds and Wal-Mart. They will still be on food stamps, still losing there homes, still having no insurance....

You need to get out more.

There is tons of money to be make in America.

Yeah, just make sure you proofread your resume at least.

Roger that.

I didn't realize, it's 3 in the morning.

Sacamento is a great town, by the way. I really enjoyed my visit there.

Good night.

We have been in a recovery for the last two years.

The stock market has doubled, and GDP is growing.

Unemployment will slowly go down.

This is what happens when Wall Street destroys the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Your right, future generations of Americans have bright futures ahead of them serving private tyranny's like McDonalds and Wal-Mart. They will still be on food stamps, still losing there homes, still having no insurance....

You need to get out more.

There is tons of money to be made in America.
I agree ! Ask any pusher !

I don't doubt that the aggregate American wealth has increased in the last couple years, mostly thanks to the revival of stock prices.

Likewise, mostly thanks to the real estate value meltdown, the standard deviation of wealth inequity in A,merica has probably grown significantly, too.

Thanks to trickle down economic policies, the wealth inequity spread has been growing for the last 40 years or so, and this latest economic meltdown (as it typically does during severe depressions) exascerbates that spread in wealth distribution.

That's not exactly the wealth distribution formula for good times for a great nation, but it is a great wealth distribution for a third world, police state shithole.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that the aggregate American wealth has increased in the last couple years, mostly thanks to the revival of stock prices.

Likewise, mostly thanks to the real estate value meltdown, the standard deviation of wealth inequity in A,merica has probably grown significantly, too.

Thanks to trickle down economic policies, the wealth inequity spread has been growing for the last 40 years or so, and this latest economic meltdown (as it typically does during severe depressions) exascerbates that spread in wealth distribution.

That's not exactly the wealth distribution formula for good times for a great nation, but it is a great wealth distribution for a third world, police state shithole.

I hear what you are saying, but I still have faith in America.

I have seen an idealism in the young people in OWS, that amazed me.

Likewise, some of the young people I know are asking the same questions.

Is a system that only rewards people at the top fair?

I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?

You can find inflation statistics on the same site, under "consumer price index". Inflation has been low to nonexistent in the last few years.

No you cant. All you can find there is

LIES AND MANIPULATION OF NUMBERS

Isnt it convenient that food and fuel are not counted in inflation statistics?? Did you know that say when a fridge goes up in price they deduct value from the price increase because of silly things like energy efficiancy?? Any reason they can find to hold the ratio of value/price they use. Just go to any god damn store and look at the prices. We are under ATLEAST 6-7% inflation, and the worst is on the way.

Isn't it convenient, when the facts contradict your preconceptions, to reject the facts?

Income taxes at the top - particularly taxes on unearned income - need to be increased. And we need a jobs program. No one who is willing and able to work should be prevented from working by some misbegotten notion that there isn't enough wealth to keep everyone employed.

It's work that creates wealth, not the other way around.

This is what happens when Wall Street destroys the world economy with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

The Stock market is what fed that 9 trillion dollar increase. So despite how much you hate Wall St - that's where most of that fake growth you point to came from.

And before you say it wasn't just the stock market-

Payrolls: DOWN SINCE JAN 09.

Wages: DOWN SINCE JAN 09.

HOME VALUES (American families biggest asset): DOWN SINCE JAN 09.

Nothing fake about it.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

The truth never hurts till it affects you personally.......then it's a real bitch. :eusa_angel:

So this is the current tact of the left......lie to everyone about how great things are now that Obama has gone around Congress.

Sorry bud, it takes 18 months for anything to start having an effect after it becomes law. At the state and local level it's a little sooner.

Now what you need to do is be specific on what regulations Obammer instituted to cause all of this wondrous change.

You can't just claim because he's in office it just fucken happened when he snapped his fingers. That's what a child would believe.

Last edited:

Is a system that only rewards people at the top fair?[/QUOTE]

Let me focus on this, like you I don't think the current system is all that fair. We probably disagree on why and what to do about it though.

You know why I have a problem with the tax the rich mantra from the left? Cuz it's not going to fix the system. You can't raise taxes on the rich enough to make much difference to the poor, the real answer is in structural changes that promote competition and economic growth. Better education and training, incentivizing entrepeneurship, changing the business tax code to be more competitive world wide and evenly applied so the big corps don't catch a break over small biz, we gotta do things to create more opportunities in the private sector and with private investment.

So this is the current tact of the left......lie to everyone about how great things are now that Obama has gone around Congress.

Sorry bud, it takes 18 months for anything to start having an effect after it becomes law. At the state and local level it's a little sooner.

Now what you need to do is be specific on what regulations Obammer instituted to cause all of this wondrous change.

You can't just claim because he's in office it just fucken happened when he snapped his fingers. That's what a child would believe.

The first time home buyers tax credit.

It worked right away.

The first time home buyers tax credit.

It worked right away.

That's why housing prices are lower now than they were?
Tool.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Two percent GDP growth and 9+% unemployment is not a recovery, sunshine.

The economy added 206,000 jobs last month.

Retail sales are up 8.7%.

The stock market went up 490 points yesterday.

Home sales are also up.

Looks like the train is leaving the station.

How did any of Obama's policies account for this?
Hint: They didnt.

Hint: The Stimulus.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Hint: WRONG-O
CBO Says Stimulus a Drag on Economy - Blogcritics Politics

The stimulus bill will cause a slight drag on growth in the out years. This has been known since it was originally scored, and it's true of any move where the government takes on debt.

But that doesn't mean that the total amount of growth over the period is less.

Last edited:
I haven't bothered clicking on the link, but does it bother mentioning how much the dollar has declined in value in that timespan?

You can find inflation statistics on the same site, under "consumer price index". Inflation has been low to nonexistent in the last few years.

Isnt it convenient that food and fuel are not counted in inflation statistics?? Did you know that say when a fridge goes up in price they deduct value from the price increase because of silly things like energy efficiancy?? Any reason they can find to hold the ratio of value/price they use. Just go to any god damn store and look at the prices. We are under ATLEAST 6-7% inflation, and the worst is on the way.

This is the most oft-repeated lie I see on this site. Food and fuel are incorporated into the basket of goods used to calculate the CPI. The figures are there for the world to see. Because the CPI serves more than one purpose, people sometimes refer to a measure that does not include the most volatile items in the basket of goods in order to track long-term trends without short-term volatility.

This is the most oft-repeated lie I see on this site. Food and fuel are incorporated into the basket of goods used to calculate the CPI. The figures are there for the world to see. Because the CPI serves more than one purpose, people sometimes refer to a measure that does not include the most volatile items in the basket of goods in order to track long-term trends without short-term volatility.

There are so many lies here it is difficult to pick the worst.

The stimulus saved us from a deflationary spiral, thus the lack of inflation.

The inflation occurred while Bush was president....in the housing market.

The GDP does not tell us how Americans are doing.

It informs us how the economy is doing.

They're not remotely the same thing.

If you want to know how Americans are doing look to the indices that descibe their plight.

Bankruptsies, foreclosures, emplyment statistics, suicides, crime stats, give us a clearer picture of what's happening on Main Street than the GDP ever did.

The GDP does not tell us how Americans are doing.

It informs us how the economy is doing.

They're not remotely the same thing.

If you want to know how Americans are doing look to the indices that descibe their plight.

Bankruptsies, foreclosures, emplyment statistics, suicides, crime stats, give us a clearer picture of what's happening on Main Street than the GDP ever did.

Employment is alway the last thing to recover.

It will come back.

Forum List

Back