federal deficit hits five year low

The economy isn't really improving all that much. Last year, there were 3.2 million jobs Americans couldn't fill because they didn't have enough education and weren't qualified for. This year, it's 3.7 million.

China is building a million robots to take the jobs of Chinese slaver laborers making $170 a month. That means those robots could be built anywhere. Qualifications would include a robust infrastructure which would include reliable power and transportation to move goods. Plus an educated work force including engineers, technicians, operators, maintenance, assemblers, programmers and everyone who would be needed to make an automated plant.

What blocks a technological and flourishing future for America? The people Republicans vote into office. I'm so sick of Republicans saying they support education, but want to vote someone into office like Mitt Romney who said he wanted to bring immigrants with degrees here while cutting teachers in this country. So sick of Republicans voted into office by a base so ignorant, they don't believe what their leaders stand for even when you show them video of those same leaders telling an ignorant base exactly what they stand for.

I'm sick of them saying they don't support education because it's "failed". Yea, failed them. They want it to fail. Dumb and stupid is "better"? Right?

Right wingers vote for their turdish masters because they believe those turdish masters are the opposite of what they "imagine" Obama stands for. They live in a world of "wrong" and what they are doing to this country is "wrong".

Last edited by a moderator:
Economic recovery? When Nancy Pelosi became speaker. I had a nice home in Sun City Anthem Henderson Nv. I had retirement savings, money in the bank and my pocket and I worked full time. Today after all this economic recovery I live with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and their 3 children in a 3 bedroom apartment. I lost my house, savings, retirement saving. I no longer work as I took early retirement at 62 for a meager $1100 a month after 40+ years of working in the private sector. I see economically depressed people around me all the time. Thanks to Obama the rich that helped him get elected got richer and the poor and working poor got crushed. Economic recovery? Not from where I stand.

Dude why are you blaming the crash on Obama?

I lived in Vegas at the time too, I still own my vegas house in summerlin and get nice rent for it.

Bush crashed the economy and you should be blaming him for what he did to your life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

That is september 24th of 2008.

Obama had not even been elected yet.

The CRASH happened on the Bush watch

Do they mean 50x the average worker across all of the US or 50x the pay in their compay?

If the latter I'm sure the CEOs of Intel, Oracle, Google, etc. are laughing at the CEOs of McDonalds and WalMart.
"According to the latest edition of the AFL-CIO’s Executive Pay Watch report, the gap between CEO pay and worker pay expanded last year. In 2011, CEOs in the Fortune 500 made an average of $12 million, about 380 times what the average worker makes:

"The ratio of CEO-to-worker pay between CEOs of the S&P 500 Index companies and U.S. workers widened to 380 times in 2011 from 343 times in 2010. Back in 1980, the average large company CEO only received 42 times the average worker’s pay."

Average Fortune 500 CEO Now Paid 380 Times As Much As The Average Worker | ThinkProgress

That is september 24th of 2008.

Obama had not even been elected yet.

The CRASH happened on the Bush watch

Have another drink you dumb ass racist.

so you are refuting when the crash happened here?

really?

The crash happened during Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's watch. Bush asked them 5 times to do something, they refused. if you're stupid enough to try to blame the crash on someone, blame it on the people who actually did more to cause it than Bush.

"The Great Recession[1] (also referred to as the Lesser Depression,[2] the Long Recession,[3] or the global recession of 2009[4][5]) is a marked global economic decline that began in December 2007 and took a particularly sharp downward turn in September 2008.

"The active phase of the crisis, which manifested as a liquidity crisis, can be dated from August 7, 2007 when BNP Paribas terminated withdrawals from three hedge funds citing 'a complete evaporation of liquidity'.[6]

"The bursting of the U.S. housing bubble, which peaked in 2006,[7] caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate pricing to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally.[8][9]

"The global recession affected the entire world economy, with higher detriment in some countries than others. It is a major global recession characterized by various systemic imbalances and was sparked by the outbreak of the financial crisis of 2007–2008."

Great Recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Great Recession occurred primarily because Republicans AND Democrats in DC depend on the richest 1% of all voters to fund their campaigns. Since the official end of the Great Recession over 90% of all economic gains have gone to the same 1% of Americans.

"Choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth affects only the rate of an inevitable economic decline for 90% of US families.

why did the Bush SEC hold back the broker rules in GLBact for 8 years?

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

In addition, the Commission also voted to issue a second

Timing and Temporary Exemption
As adopted, Regulation R provides banks with a transitional exemption until the first day of their first fiscal year commencing after Sept. 30, 2008. This will give banks time to make any necessary changes in their systems and compliance programs and should ensure that banks have time to come into compliance with the Exchange Act provisions relating to the broker definition. This exemptive rule will become effective on the date that the Commission's current order expires, Sept. 28, 2007.

Now what was the date that Bush got on TV a nd told the American people our economy was about to collapse?

September 24 2008.

One week before the Broker rules would actually take effect.

They knew all the lies about rating crap as triple AAA would hit the fan beginging that day

" The Great Recession occurred primarily because Republicans AND Democrats in DC depend on the richest 1% of all voters to fund their campaigns. "

I don't think so, there were many causes behind the Great Recession but this has to be pretty far down the list.

" Since the official end of the Great Recession over 90% of all economic gains have gone to the same 1% of Americans. "

Since the start of the Great Recession until it ended, over 90% of all economic losses went to the same 1% of Americans. They took the hit and also reaped the rewards of investing their money. That's how it works dude.

" The Great Recession occurred primarily because Republicans AND Democrats in DC depend on the richest 1% of all voters to fund their campaigns. "

I don't think so, there were many causes behind the Great Recession but this has to be pretty far down the list.

" Since the official end of the Great Recession over 90% of all economic gains have gone to the same 1% of Americans. "

Since the start of the Great Recession until it ended, over 90% of all economic losses went to the same 1% of Americans. They took the hit and also reaped the rewards of investing their money. That's how it works dude.
How it works hasn't changed in the last 4000 years.
The rich use the power of government to socialize cost and privatize profit.

"The ratio of CEO-to-worker pay between CEOs of the S&P 500 Index companies and U.S. workers widened to 380 times in 2011 from 343 times in 2010. Back in 1980, the average large company CEO only received 42 times the average worker’s pay."

Since the 1970s, the US investor class (~10%) has accumulated an ever greater percentage of total US wealth and income. The richest 1% of Americans earned about 9% of US income forty years ago; they currently "earn" nearly 25%. That means only those Americans with enough disposable income to fund high-priced political campaigns serve any useful purpose to either major party. Hence, Democrats have found bi-partisan consensus with Republicans when it comes to tax and trade policies which work to impoverish the vast majority of voters in order for a favored few to become ever more wealthy.

I don't think you can change that without FLUSHING hundreds of Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle.

Last edited:
The richest 1% of Americans earned about 9% of US income forty years ago; they currently "earn" nearly 25%. .

So?????????????????????

1) the top 1% now pay 42% of all Federal income tax. No country depends more on the top 1% than the USA

2) if you think gap is too big between top pay and bottom pay do you want to steal from the top and give welfare or help bottom earn more?? Why?

so taxes on rich people are theft but taxes on poor people are not?

gee didnt any of you care why Bush held back the broker rules on the banks for 8 years?

You know the same years this mess was built?

why do you think we should take milk money from the poor and avoid taking interest money from the wealthy?

You call it theft its taxes all the same

Forum List

Back