federal deficit hits five year low

retail sales were double what their projection was

So, this means what? What was the average model error for the forecasts? What was the average variance of the estimations? And how can this data point be interpreted as significant when it's consistent with random noise?

It's still strange to me how partisans will take white noise and find meaning in it. I think they could find a full TV show in nothing but static.

given the source I'm sure it means nothing.

People are using their tax refunds to purchase stuff they normally wouldn't (or couldn't)....went to Walmart a week ago to find a small flatscreen tv and they were all out! They said people are coming in with their tax refunds and buying them up.....so don't get all excited TDM....it won't stay this way! :cuckoo:

go get the numbers on how many tax refunds have been recieved by Americans.

your personal experiences are not facts

There are no numbers yet dummy...people just started getting their refunds and we won't know the number of people getting them until AFTER APRIL 15TH!
And something I EXPERIENCED isn't a fact? Lol!

Wow 1.1% growth over one of the worst Jan in years!!! Last month even Waltmart announced sales well down! The only reason 1 percent sounds good is because the economist predicted such horrendous growth of 0.5%, so pretty bad 1.1% doesn't look so bad!!!

If you go buy what is driving a lot of spending then one could say it is improving for those who can afford cars too.

I hope we finally start getting some traction on this slow and fragile economic recovery, if unemployment can continue to nudge down and the housing recover continues that'll go a long way towards helping it along.

I hope we finally start getting some traction on this slow and fragile economic recovery,

1) keep in mind that after all these years we could be due for another recession

2) also keep in mind what a recession is:

Econ 101: A recession is the time it takes an economy to recover from government interference.

With a near communist "Interferer in Chief" in the White House it is no surprise at all that we are still barely recovering.

I thought the left said the economy is in bad shape and the only way to fix it was for government to spend more money.

I thought the left said the economy is in bad shape and the only way to fix it was for government to spend more money.

funny isn't it, a liberal can't understand that if the government spends more the private sector spends less and thus no net benefit is possible.

It sells politicially only because you can see the concentrated government spending but you cant see the very very decentalized effects of a depressing general tax increase.

Economy Improving :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

•Eight in 10 Americans are skeptical that career and employment opportunities will be better for the next generation.
•More than half of Americans say the economy will not fully recover from the 2007-2009 recession for another six years; 29% believe the economy will never fully recover.
•73% of Americans were directly impacted by the recession: individuals surveyed had either lost a job themselves or a family member/close relative had been out work because of the economic downturn.
•The majority of survey participants said college would become unaffordable for most young Americans.
•56% reported having fewer savings than before the recession.
•More than half of those who were laid off or lost a job said they cut back on medical treatment or doctor visits.
•40% of Americans have borrowed money from family or friends.
•Nearly 25% of participants said they have sought professional help for stress or depression.

Even as the national unemployment rate has fallen from its peak of 10% in October 2009 to the current 7.9%, and there have been more than 35 consecutive months of private-sector job growth, the survey's data "speaks to the scope, magnitude and the persistence of the recession,” says Szeltner. It revealed “a really depressing image of what’s happening right now to many Americans," he adds.

Economy Improving :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

•Eight in 10 Americans are skeptical that career and employment opportunities will be better for the next generation.
•More than half of Americans say the economy will not fully recover from the 2007-2009 recession for another six years; 29% believe the economy will never fully recover.
•73% of Americans were directly impacted by the recession: individuals surveyed had either lost a job themselves or a family member/close relative had been out work because of the economic downturn.
•The majority of survey participants said college would become unaffordable for most young Americans.
•56% reported having fewer savings than before the recession.
•More than half of those who were laid off or lost a job said they cut back on medical treatment or doctor visits.
•40% of Americans have borrowed money from family or friends.
•Nearly 25% of participants said they have sought professional help for stress or depression.

Even as the national unemployment rate has fallen from its peak of 10% in October 2009 to the current 7.9%, and there have been more than 35 consecutive months of private-sector job growth, the survey's data "speaks to the scope, magnitude and the persistence of the recession,” says Szeltner. It revealed “a really depressing image of what’s happening right now to many Americans," he adds.

yes unemployment (U6) is around 23 million human beings, more than when Obama took office and that does not count those that Obama took out of the workforce forever with disability and through other means.

I hope we finally start getting some traction on this slow and fragile economic recovery,

1) keep in mind that after all these years we could be due for another recession

2) also keep in mind what a recession is:

Econ 101: A recession is the time it takes an economy to recover from government interference.
1) Agreed, we could be. I cautiously optimistic on this recovery but nobody can state for certain another recession isn't around the corner.

2) You either don't know the definition of a recession or are lying as usual.

Forum List

Back